Balcony Guarantee Cabin now allocated-advice

kevinyork

Hi

Our first time on Celebrity (Eclipse) on the Iceland and Fjords cruise in July 13. We booked a guarantee balcony cabin at a great price. On checking online today we have been allocated 9290. This is the last one on the middle hump as pictured here:

znsac8.jpg

Now this seems pretty good to me. Midship, hump cabin apparently good for the main elevators to pretty much most places?

Can anyone confirm if this is a good cabin allocation?

My next question is we have had guarantee cabins with P&O before and have read many times about the option to advise you want no further upgrades so your cabin isnt changed if you are happy with it since an upgrade may actually put you in a less desirable position. Firstly I'm not sure if this is an option with Celebrity at all but if it is, is there any point in doing do. I think the cabin allocated is a 1B which would presumably mean we could only go up to 1A or above, 1As appear to have the larger balconies and those above are Aqua or Concierge.

If it is possible to 'freeze' the allocation and request no further upgrades is it a safe bet to leave it to chance given the cabin allocation?

Agree great pic!

The only thing I would consider is that it could be potentially noisy as it is so close to the lifts / stairs. Had friends who stayed in similar situated cabin on Princess who said there was a lot of foot traffic outside and was a bit annoying especially when trying to sleep.

I'm not trying at all to put you off but just to make you aware.

We're on the same ship in June to the Baltic and have a cabin with one of the bigger balconies. Really looking forward to it and getting a bit excited already! Done lots of cruises before, but only second time on celebrity and the first was our very first cruise about 10 years ago!

Enjoy your cruise.

Agree great pic!

The only thing I would consider is that it could be potentially noisy as it is so close to the lifts / stairs. Had friends who stayed in similar situated cabin on Princess who said there was a lot of foot traffic outside and was a bit annoying especially when trying to sleep.

I'm not trying at all to put you off but just to make you aware.

We're on the same ship in June to the Baltic and have a cabin with one of the bigger balconies. Really looking forward to it and getting a bit excited already! Done lots of cruises before, but only second time on celebrity and the first was our very first cruise about 10 years ago!

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for that. We've had cabin opposite elevator lobbies on P&O ships (same layout as Princess) and didn't hear anything not even the ping of the lifts. Hopefully this wont be an issue with this cabin either.

What appears to be a "break" in the wall between that room and the elevator is actually a sliding door. That really assists in keeping the passageway quiet.

Ah thank you, that's very useful info.

Agree great pic!

quote]

Not even a remote possibility. This is a fantastic cabin--good on you!!! We just got off Silhouette, Cabin 8238, right at the midship elevators. It was amazingly quiet! One night as we went to bed there was very loud music coming from the atrium. I did an experiment with DH. We stood right outside our door and listened--music was pretty loud. Went inside, closed the door, and just stood there--could not hear a thing!!!

You will love this location. It is super convenient. And if you forget something and need to run back to your cabin, it just takes a second to get there. I never thought cabin location was a big deal, but after having the forward corner FV cabin, I realized what a difference it can make. From our cabin to the buffet just to get a cup of coffee was, believe it or not, a 20 minute round trip! I will always try to snag one of these cabins in the future, on the flat part of the hump--absolutely no need to spend extra $$$ for CC on S class ships.

Have a fantastic cruise!!!

On P&O you can advise them ' no upgrades' to freeze your cabin allocation. Is this the same on X and if so shoud we bother given that the only way up woudl be Balcony A1, Aqua or Concierge Balcony?

Archived