Loved the breeze

dorinel

Thanks! Clearly I missed them state their itinerary lol.

Do you mind telling me what you liked about each port?? I'm on the same itinerary and I'm just trying to solidify my on-shore plans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

la romana we did the seavis tours. I have to say that it was probably the best excursion that we ever took. it was very organized, professional, and a fantastic day! the food was wonderful, and the people that run it (a family owned business) were wonderful to deal with. I would highly recommend it. I know la romana gets a lot of negative feedback but what a beautiful island so try and take advantage and enjoy it and let the people who "hate" la romana stay on the ship. they don't know what they are missing :rolleyes::)

aruba we did the day pass at the rennisance hotel, it is within walking distance to the port. they take you by boat to their private island, and its just beautiful!

curacao, we just walked around and shopped and explored on our own. we did have dinner reservations at a place on the beach to watch the sunset but it was a long cab ride away and just didnt feel like going. there is really nothing to do in port if you are there at night. we were there until 11pm

la romana we did the seavis tours. I have to say that it was probably the best excursion that we ever took. it was very organized, professional, and a fantastic day! the food was wonderful, and the people that run it (a family owned business) were wonderful to deal with. I would highly recommend it. I know la romana gets a lot of negative feedback but what a beautiful island so try and take advantage and enjoy it and let the people who "hate" la romana stay on the ship. they don't know what they are missing :rolleyes::)

aruba we did the day pass at the rennisance hotel, it is within walking distance to the port. they take you by boat to their private island, and its just beautiful!

curacao, we just walked around and shopped and explored on our own. we did have dinner reservations at a place on the beach to watch the sunset but it was a long cab ride away and just didnt feel like going. there is really nothing to do in port if you are there at night. we were there until 11pm

How did you get the rennisance hotel day pass? thanks

glad to hear that, beside the damn PCD its all good!

Now, how about some pics please!!!!!

have you been to the thrill theater?

I went to Thrill Theater twice. It was so much fun! Some people think it's more for kids but there were all adults when I went. I would definitel do it again.

Glad to hear you did the Seavis Tour in the Dominican, we are sailing on the Breeze in March 2014 and are considering taking that excursion. My only concern is getting back to the ship on time. How much time did you have to get back? Ive heard nothing but good reviews about this company...

Hmmm...no mention of the shows.

We sailed the Breeze last month and have to agree with the posts so far - ship was amazing and we had a great time. BUT the shows were very disappointing. We really missed the live music / orchestra and the large dance troup, sets & production numbers. IMHO the "playlist productions" were a big mistake.

Glad to hear that you totally enjoyed the Breeze, we are sailing on the Breeze this October. We are on a different itinerary though, we are on the St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau itinerary, hopefully it is as enjoyable as yours.

We took the same itnierary as you are going on....watch out...I bought my wife a Sapphire and Diamond ring on St. Thomas. We loved the cruise. :D

How are the cove balconys? I am thinking of booking a cruise on the Breeze next May and looked into the Cove Balconys. I usually take a balcony on deck 6 or 7. My questions are: do you feel a lot of motion being so low, do you get wet while sitting on the balcony being so close to the water, do you have obstructed views. any information you could pass along would be great

We liked the cove but it was noisy from the galley above us. Felt no motion at all. Did not get wet. But they have special doors they can close and lock from the outside in case of bad seas. I dont think there are any obstucted views but the lifeboats that hang out above, shelter you from the sun early in the day. Inside the cabin is just a basic balcony cabin but very nice.

Be sure to go to the side hanging hot tubs on deck 5. There are 4 of them, 2 on each side. Never anyone in them. You will love this ship. You wont believe you are in a Carnival ship. No more dark dreary wood and old paintings on the hallways. Just bright and fresh.

How did you get the rennisance hotel day pass? thanks

you just go to the front desk at the hotel and pay for it and get your cards for boarding the boat to take you to their private island, you get a coupon for floats and towels and also a coupon for lunch and a drink. it's one price and I think its $75.00 pp for the day. the boat goes back and forth all day so whenever you want to leave the island you can. the rennisance will only allow you day passes if they are under 95% full, but don't quote me on that. im sure during the holidays they don't give day passes out.

Glad to hear you did the Seavis Tour in the Dominican, we are sailing on the Breeze in March 2014 and are considering taking that excursion. My only concern is getting back to the ship on time. How much time did you have to get back? Ive heard nothing but good reviews about this company...

always a concern and it should be, so I am always aware of the time and always verify the time back to the ship, sometimes I email and ask before making reservations. I wouldn't worry about it, you will be back in plenty of time. there is also NOTHING to do at the port, no stores nothing (until they build a shopping port), so basically you get off the bus and get back on the ship. i'm saying we had about an hour before we had to be back on board.

you just go to the front desk at the hotel and pay for it and get your cards for boarding the boat to take you to their private island, you get a coupon for floats and towels and also a coupon for lunch and a drink. it's one price and I think its $75.00 pp for the day. the boat goes back and forth all day so whenever you want to leave the island you can. the rennisance will only allow you day passes if they are under 95% full, but don't quote me on that. im sure during the holidays they don't give day passes out.

Thanks!

I like the comedians and usually don't go to the show productions. I happened to go to the Diva production show because my sister was interested. It was ok and we both were not impressed. Never made it to the Thrill theater - time factor!

I too miss the deck music - the solo gentleman who played once in awhile was good, but really missed the Caribbean band music!

Ports - I did all private tours and did not use the ship sponsored tours.

Grand Turk - Rented 2 golf carts from Nathan's and spent a few hours at Jack's Shack. Loved be-bomping around the tiny island and would recommend.

Dominican Republic – I also used Seavis Tours and loved every minute of it. They have a strong client base from the cruise ships and are very conscience of the time factor.

Curacao – Reserved a sunset catamaran tour and it was so so. Would I recommend it? No.

Aruba – Our party of 4 rented Trikes http://www.trikes-aruba.com/ and I have to say this was the highlight of our cruise. What a class act they are. The morning tour was 3.5 hours and we had a blast. We then went to Palm Beach for the afternoon, which was beautiful – a little crowded, but that’s ok.

We were on this same cruise last week. Had a great time with our ShipFaced Breezers roll call group.

We loved Guy's burgers and the Italian restaurant dinner, too. Completely agree that the shows aren't good at all. Words cannot even possible describe how bad the lead singers of the Divas shows were. It was cringeworthy.

La Romana: We did Seavis and highly recommend them. I wasn't worried about getting back on time at all. The day was great!

Grand Turk: Just hung out at the beach and Margaritaville.

Curacao: Sunset sail (aka boat ride) with Smallfield Adventures. We really enjoyed it!

Aruba: Took the bus to Boca Catalina for snorkeling, then stopped off at Eagle Beach on the way back to port.

Archived