Queen bed against the wall?

mpes53

In case our little one wants to sleep with mommy, is it possible in an interior stateroom on the Volendam to have the queen bed against the wall? So it will be difficult for the little one to roll out of bed.

I have my bed made up as a queen, but love the extra-wide aisle when it's made as twins. So, once I did ask my steward if he could move the queen against the wall so I would have the best of both.

He told me no, because he would not be able to move the bed to make up that side. I could see his point. It's one thing to move a twin, another entirely to move a queen.

I don't wnat to start anything, but wonder if you asked nicely and extended , say, $30.00 for a week, as you asked, it may make the extra time and effort for your steward seem more reasonable.Also, you might mention you would not be horribly fussy about the wall side being " bounce a penny" tight and perfect.

I don't wnat to start anything, but wonder if you asked nicely and extended , say, $30.00 for a week, as you asked, it may make the extra time and effort for your steward seem more reasonable.Also, you might mention you would not be horribly fussy about the wall side being " bounce a penny" tight and perfect.

We basically did the same thing. Moved both night stands over to right side & queen bed against the wall. Gave steward a tip at the beginning of the week told him not to worry about making the bed nice & pretty all week & we didnt want him hurting his back making the bed. The next night he moved one night stand in front of the other & told us it was a piece of cake scooting the bed over- they move easily & then he would just slide it back against the wall. He actually offered doing this for us after there were no bed rails available.

:rolleyes: Just curious, is your bed against the wall at your home in case "the little one" wants to sleep with mommy??? Is this a rude question, maybe for some, but I am just curious. :rolleyes:

Well, hhhmmm, no we dont have our bed against the wall at home. My kids dont sleep in our bed at home. They sleep in their own toddler beds that are 8 inches off the ground and against the wall. When we move from 3000 s ft to <200 we have to improvise & make do.

When we are in a hotel room or on the ship, we just have to sort out sleeping arrangements. Do they have bed rails? how far off the ground is the bed? can we make a boundary at the edge of the mattress (roll up blankets to make a speed bump and then tuck the sheets in tight? how much space do we have ?

Last year we had a suite but ended up not using the sofa bed for the twins we brought Regalo mini cots. Never asked the steward to do anything with them- put them away the first morning after they woke up & then every night thereafter the steward got them out of the closet and made up their little cots really cute-- stacked their stuffed animals, made towel animals for each of them..... After three nights we told him to not bother collapsing them during the day to save him work- they could stay up all day long.

Thus why we tip them beyond the auto tip amount.

we try not to inconvenience the cabin stewards but have found that they honestly go beyond what we ever expect them to do. when the twins were smaller we would roll a blanket halfway between the sofabed in the cabin as a boundary so they wouldnt kick each other and so we wouldnt have to pull down the upper bunk. Never asked the steward to do it- we made the boundary the first night after steward set up the bed for a single person. After he saw how they slept the next morning & how the bed was set up- he made it that way every night following for the 2 week transatlantic. He even remembered which stuffed animal friends were each of the twins and placed them on their pillows.

Archived