!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

This is easily the most thorough and well though out review in the history of cruise critic!

Thank you for all your efforts into putting this together. I can't wait for our September cruise on the Breakaway! :)

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever

Gambee, sorry for using this thread to post this but I don't want to put wrong information out there. The Cirque price change goes into effect starting with the July 21, 2013 sailing. The PCC that helped me didn't know what she was doing so now I have to try and get standard seating when I board since they are sold out online for the days we were looking at. I don't know when the price increase for spa passes go into effect.

Loving your GREAT reviews and pictures. Again sorry for the post!

Had a feeling that was going to happen. Everyone kept posting on here to get the standard seating. It was only a matter of time before NCL picked up on it and raised the price :rolleyes:

The funny thing is that as I write the review and I keep thinking how all the lines compare and I am still undecided about many factors. I guess with pass of time I will settle a bit more. But I am almost sure on my favorite :D

Breakaway is your favorite? I think I missed that post. I don't remember reading it!

I'm addicted to your reviews Gambee! Between the awesome pictures and great commentary, I can't stop reading this. I think I might try to convince my mom to go on a cruise with me sometime. I wish I lived closer to the east coast so the airfare wouldn't be as bad, but for now that's not possible. Can't wait for the next update. Cheers!

Once again a great review!!! I read your Silhouette review since I'll be sailing on her next year and loved it so much had to check out this review even though I have no real interest in the super mega ships nor NCL in particular as I like traditional style cruising. Still a fun read though! Love how you tell a story and your pictures are great.

One TIP from us frequent NCL cruisers:

When you find something in cabin broken/not working/need looking at, don't call or run down to Guest Services.

Calmly leave a note for the room steward ... he/she will call maintenance and by the time we return to the room it's fixed.

Gambee, just returned from a trip to Pigeon Forge in the Smokey Mountains and saw that you had started your review. Just caught up and it is excellent. Having only sailed on "X" I am interested in seeing the differences between the lines and also the Island of Bermuda which I have never been to. Can't wait for more of your great pics! I noticed from your pics of the S6 suite that there seems to be a coffee maker in the room !!! Is that what it is?

Gambee, I just wanted to add my appreciation to the job you are doing with this review. It honestly is the best review I have ever read & I've been a lurker here for a few years. Can't wait to read the rest!

Hi Gambee. I am glued to your review. Great job .Thank you so much for all the info. If you don't mind I'm not a drinker and I've never purchased the tonic(soda as you call it LOL) card as I hate tonic in cans. From what it sounds like this is fountain tonic. Do you know if there are machines set up sort of of like in disney in the food courts or do you have to go up to the bar and get your drink. Thank you.

We had similar issues with the customer service desk on the Epic. They had one sour lady that had a lot of difficulty with English. You couldn't ask a question from anyone without them acting like you were bothering them. We had the exact opposite experience on the Jewel, they couldn't have been more helpful.

I did note this on my post cruise survey and to the HD but it fell on deaf ears.

I never knew that about the cannoli. The appetizers were pretty tasty, but the main dish was not. Sometimes I think the same way as you, about only having appetizers.

In my experience if you want two appetisers instead of having a main that is not a problem. I've done that at least once on nearly every cruise I've been on. They just deliver the second one with everybody else's mains.

just watched the bermuda web cam. holy cow is the breakaway a huge ship. surprised you did not need a gps gambee.

Watching it live now, the breakaway makes the X ship look tiny. Is the webcam mounted on top of a night club sounds like live music playing! I need to watch again tomorrow during daylight.

Edited to ask: Is Breakaway bigger than Allure?

Edited by S.C.

Gamble did you happen to notice,if they sell Breakaway snow globes in addition to the "snow globe" key chains?

While I know cruise ships get snowed on in many situations (Glacier bay, Winter sailings out of NT etc... )I have always found cruise ship snow globes, like beach snow globes to be humorous.

Haha I was school today looking at your first few pictures of Day 2 and my friends are all like, "are you looking at freaking cruise ship pictures again?!" They know me too well...I said "yeah but they are not just any cruise pictures, they are from Gambee!" But no one understood and I just said, never mind! I feel sorry for all of them as most of them don't know what its like to be on a cruise since almost everyone take land vacations in my town.

Just caught up, had to work at the pool after school today. It was hot and busy but I love it, nothing beats working and being outside to enjoy the nice weather as we only get about 3 months of nice weather up here in NY :rolleyes:

Well I'm exhausted, see you here tomorrow! :D

Edited by swim13

Wow! Wonderful review. We were on the Breakaway on the 5/12 sailing and I am seeing things that I missed!! Thank you!

I feel really bad about your Ocean Blue/Customer Service issue. I really think you had a case to be made for getting the $35 charge because you could not make a reservation ahead of time. Although if it is any consolation, we ate there the week before ($35 charge) and we were not very impressed. Glad you didn't pay the $50!!!! I had two shrimp for an appetizer and three scallops for dinner! We totally hit the buffet after dinner! My husband liked his beef tartar appetizer but he got 3 oz of sea bass for dinner! No sides!

I wish we knew this was happening to you while you were still on the ship. Did you go to the Meet and Mingle??? At ours, the cruise director and the hotel manager must have repeated 100x that they did not want complaints at the end (and I think implying also they did not want to see them online on Cruise Critic). They keept saying that if something was wrong they wanted to know right away so they would have a chance to fix it. They gave us each cards with all of the department head's cell phone numbers.

I think had you called the hotel manager or the restaurant head you would have been able to negotiate Ocean Blue for $35. The power of the pen!!!

You might have even gotten the light fixed too!!! LOL

So sorry you had such an unpleasant experience. I think if you got to the right person it would have been rectified.

I wonder if they stopped giving out the numbers because so many people from our cruise bothered them!!! LOL!!!