Conquest vs Breeze

aaalynn

While waiting for the Breeze to post its 2014 itinerary, we got anxious and booked a similar cruise on the Conquest. Now that the itinerary for the Breeze is up, Im wondering if we should switch.

Basically the Conquest is older and Im wondering how well the cabins have been up kept. If they smell like smoke, are the mattresses old etc. Im not too worried about the food or entertainment.

Im assuming conquest is a lot cheaper? I do the conquest a lot just for that reason.

Its 2.0 all the way, so if you are ok with 2.0 and dont see it as a cut, nothing wrong with conquest. Not everyone wants waterworks.

It has a nice steak house and has the fish and chips not on breeze, which is ok, nothing special to me, but some like it.

Guys is awesome. I never go hungry on a cruise, so I would be happy with either. Since it goes out of NOLA now and Magic out of Galveston, for a lot less money its been a nice cruise.

I have one more Conquest booked in July.

Yes, the Conquest is $1,000 cheaper but 1 day less. Did the 2.0 include cabin upgrades? Like new bedding or carpeting? Thats mostly what Im worried about, the waterworks isn't an issue for us.

We wanted to try the aft balcony this cruise, and Im not sure what the 2 ships difference would be. The Conquest will be sailing out of Miami in 2014. That works much better than NOLA for us.

We did have those flat screens attached to the wall now on conquest. So, they did upgrade the tvs.

As far as the bedding, I think they have a standard bedding for summer and another for winter (which is all comfy to me).

Id have to go look to see if I have pictures that I did not upload that show the tv on conquest. It was interactive same as on Magic.

This is how one cabin looked (not mine, but it shows the typical bedding on conquest).

Picture003_zpsb3be5ffa.jpg

The carpeting looked ok to me. I am sure it is changed if its worn during dock dock. conquest came out of dry dock last oct with its face lift.

Yes, the Conquest is $1,000 cheaper but 1 day less. Did the 2.0 include cabin upgrades? Like new bedding or carpeting? Thats mostly what Im worried about, the waterworks isn't an issue for us.

Can't tell someone else how to spend their $$$ (and $1000 is nothing to sneeze at).....however, they do NOT change bedding or carpeting in all cabins. Was on Glory right after the drydock and upgrade to 2.0, very disappointed as we had hoped for a really new, clean feeling to the ship due to new carpeting etc.....nope, seems they merely upgraded to the 2.0 features which do not involve cabin make overs.....boo hoo.

With that being said, Conquest is much older, was on Breeze in October and hands down it is the very nicest ship in CCL's fleet (decor for sure)....and since it is newer, in fabulous condition. But.....in the end the choice is yours to make ($$$ may make a difference).

Im assuming conquest is a lot cheaper? I do the conquest a lot just for that reason.

Its 2.0 all the way, so if you are ok with 2.0 and dont see it as a cut, nothing wrong with conquest. Not everyone wants waterworks.

It has a nice steak house and has the fish and chips not on breeze, which is ok, nothing special to me, but some like it.

Guys is awesome. I never go hungry on a cruise, so I would be happy with either. Since it goes out of NOLA now and Magic out of Galveston, for a lot less money its been a nice cruise.

I have one more Conquest booked in July.

I had the same problem - Conquest or Breeze - for February. Having just come off 2 wonderful Breeze cruises I decided that I wanted to try a "new" ship I had never been on. The Conquest was way less expensive than the Breeze. (over $1,200 for the President's week sailing) Having been to all the ports both ships offered numerous times, I went for the "cheaper" ship. We love the waterworks area and Serenity on Breeze- but for the price difference we will survive! Looking forward to a "smaller" ship, also!! Having said that, Breeze is a beautiful ship. If Waterworks means a lot to your family, and the southern itinerary, and an extra day, I would go for Breeze. However, if you have been to all those ports, and are just using the ship for a getaway to warm weather, I would go for the Conquest.

• 11 months later...

Sailed on the Breeze in March and loved it . Was looking at cruises for next March and saw a good itinery on Conquest. But am a little hesitiant about feeling as if i will feel Im trading down after the Breeze.We were in an oceanview suite on Breeze and would book one on Conquest as well. How ado the public areas compare especially the Ocean Plaza? really enjoyed having drinks on the deck and listening to the music from the lounge inside. Any imput appreciated!

We did a b2b in January. The first week was on the Breeze. Beautiful ship but line ups constantly. If you weren't lined up 45 minutes before a show then you didn't get in. The second week was on the Conquest. Older ship but considerably smaller and more relaxing. I am glad we experienced the Breeze but we much prefered and enjoyed the smaller ship.