2014 Itineraries

MandynJim

I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear what the reasons are for the delay. Again, hopefully it is due to some changes (and I don't mean swapping a ship).

Me too. I also think it would be interesting to be able to sit in and witness the ship deployment process. It would be interesting to get a behind the scenes look on the whole process.

I am just so tired of trying to wait patiently for all of the early May itineraries to come out, because it seems silly that they don't have all of this together by now. It's less than a year out now, for crying out loud. I have been looking at another line because they've had their itineraries out for quite a while, but I keep coming back to Carnival because I love Carnival ships and I love the price. It is a shame that Carnival just takes their time. I guess they figure new cruisers won't know any better, and will just pick a cruise based on what they see at the time. It's the rest of us repeat cruisers that get impatient about this, but Carnival seems to target new cruisers more anyhow, in my opinion.

Doesn't every line target new cruisers more? Does any line sail with a majority of repeat customers? Seriously, I don't know, so if I'm wrong please correct me.

Well, we have only sailed Carnival twice, once out of Baltimore and once out of Norfolk. We have been trying for several weeks now to get the schedule for Baltimore and Norfolk for 2014 and the only answer we have gotten from Carnival, JH, TA, Norfolk Cruise Terminal and Norfolk Tourism is, "NO SCHEDULE YET!" So yesterday we decide that if other cruise lines could put their schedules out for 2014 and 2015 we would just go with it and have now booked a Celebrity Cruise for Apr 2015. People use to tell me that if you snooze you loose, well, Carnival was/is snoozing!

Same home ports for the two months I looked at and pretty much the same schedules

Yep you are correct. There are some dates missing but the whole season looks to be the same (no new ports/itineraries).

I wonder what the hold up was for many ships that didn't have any changes to their itineraries or ports?

Yep you are correct. There are some dates missing but the whole season looks to be the same (no new ports/itineraries).

I wonder what the hold up was for many ships that didn't have any changes to their itineraries or ports?

I can only think of three possibilities:

1. the late cancelation of Europe caused a ripple effect

2. there was/is plans for something new that either will/will not happen now

3. They wait till the end to get a cheaper deal.... (hope this is not the case)

Those who booked and couldnt wait, you most likely picked the cruise based on Itinerary. Pricing lately on Celebrity has been high, and NCL is creeping up too. I enjoy cruising and I have two cruises with Carnival booked now, but I also like to wait and find the best itinerary and price. Pulling out of Europe was a huge move for any cruise line and there had to be some readjustments done.

I will just wait for the release.

Dorene

Checking on Carnival.com I find 17 ships that have schedules through Apr 2015, while all 23 ships are listed for Apr 2014.

Of the 17 ships, 10 provide short cruises of 2 to 5 days. The other 7 offer cruises between 6 to 9 days. No cruises are 10+ days, or longer.

I check daily as I am waiting for the Legend info from Tampa to Sydney. John

A few minutes ago JH posted that on June 3, the following itineraries will be out:

Valor

Pride

Legend

Glory

I'm still waiting for Liberty.

Hi Ken, Where did you find that announcement. I've looked on Facebook and on John's blog with no luck. I want to know in case it is on a location I don't know about. Thanks, John

Hi Ken, Where did you find that announcement. I've looked on Facebook and on John's blog with no luck. I want to know in case it is on a location I don't know about. Thanks, John

It is the first post on his Facebook page right now. It is at the bottom of the post that starts with: "I met the lady whose ring..."

Well, now I am hopeful...with Liberty being one of the last ones to be released, maybe there is an itinerary change that they are working on?

Or maybe the liberty will be doing 10 day cruises????? It's not going to happen, but one can only hope

Does anyone know if all of the Port Canaveral itineraries have been released? I know there had been some itineraries that went to HMC (on the Ecstasy maybe?) and right now they are only showing 3 and 4 day Freeport/Nassau itineraries on the Sensation and Caribbean itineraries on the Dream. Just wanted to know if there is still another ship they haven't released out of Port Canaveral.

Does anyone know if all of the Port Canaveral itineraries have been released? I know there had been some itineraries that went to HMC (on the Ecstasy maybe?) and right now they are only showing 3 and 4 day Freeport/Nassau itineraries on the Sensation and Caribbean itineraries on the Dream. Just wanted to know if there is still another ship they haven't released out of Port Canaveral.

I'm pretty sure those are the only two Carnival ships.

They've only had two in the past.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

I think they are all released. I think I read a comment from John saying that Carnival is discontinuing 4/5 day cruises from Port Canaveral for the time being.

When Carnival stopped sailing from Mobile, the Elation went to New Orleans and the Ecstasy went to Port Canaveral.

So the Dream did 7 day cruises, Ecstasy 4/5 day cruises, and the Sensation 3/4 day cruises.

Carnival is adding another ship to Los Angeles. So the Ecstasy is moving to Miami to replace the Imagination and the Imagination is moving to Los Angeles.

So Port Canaveral will loose 4/5 day cruises in the beginning of 2014.

It is the first post on his Facebook page right now. It is at the bottom of the post that starts with: "I met the lady whose ring..."

Thanks! When I went back to FB it was at the top of my page as well. Guess it takes FB a while to propagate to all users. John

Archived