C&A Upgrade Fairy, wings clipped

In our case the Upgrade Fairy's wings were singed. The day before the Grandeur fire, we got a call from C&A upgrading us from an oceanview to a balcony cabin. Then our cruise was cancelled. The upgrade fairy giveth and she taketh away!

Same thing happened to us except we got the call a few weeks earlier. Our upgrade went up in smoke.

We had booked a Boardwalk Balcony on the Allure for last month. Three weeks before our cruise we decided to upgrade to a JS for an additional amount. I called my TA and she gave me a W guarantee. TA said that as soon as they assigned my cabin she would let me know. I kept checking on line to see if they had assigned our cabin and about 8 days later they assigned us to a GS. We were thrilled! This was only our 4th cruise with RC. Gold and 21 points....

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed this wording about DP and Pinnacle....the part that got me is the last sentence they have now..

"In the rare event that an extenuating circumstance arises after a Member is upgraded, Royal Caribbean reserves the right to withdraw the upgrade to accommodate another guest’s cruise vacation. "

Now,that would not make me happy at all.:mad:

I just noticed this wording about DP and Pinnacle....the part that got me is the last sentence they have now..

"In the rare event that an extenuating circumstance arises after a Member is upgraded, Royal Caribbean reserves the right to withdraw the upgrade to accommodate another guest’s cruise vacation. "

Now,that would not make me happy at all.:mad:

No, especially if they could not get you back into your original stateroom!:eek:

In February I was still Platinum and received an upgrade from Ocean View to D2 Balcony on the Brilliance. No one called, would have only found out about it at the pier, had I not done some last minute checking the night before I left. Cost me nothing for the upgrade.

We are D+ and never received a complimentary upgrade.

Same here. We will reach 350 cruise nights next weekend and still are waiting for the upgrade fairy to visit us:p. Not looking for it to happen any time soon

Archived