Curves - Weight Loss

BUDDY7

sunshine....Being that small I think it will definitely take a while for you to actually "see" or "feel" results. I am sure the workout is healthy for you but you just aren't going to "see" the results that those of us that are considerably larger do. (My results have been from Curves and exercise dvd and really lowering my carbs but I have a large amount to lose.)

Hi Y'all,

Well..I went to Curves 3x last week..none so far this week..Decided to take an aerobics class in addition to Curves and started last night..Yikes..I'm feeling groaning and creaking in places I didn't even know I had muscles..YIKES! But will go to Curves tomorrow where nothing creaks after I'm done! Needed to supplement Curves since soon the rail trail will be covered with snow..we are getting considerably colder here in Maine!

Kimberly...your cruise must be soon..are you ready? And Suzie..way to go..you're awesome! You guys are really working...I feel like such a slug this week!! Its the cold weather..I just want to curl up in a blanket after work! But a new week is beginning and aerobics beckons..and Curves..I will vow to go!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Yes, my cruise is just around the corner....I leave for Orlando on Friday. Thanks for asking. We set sail on Sunday, 11/7. I can't wait. Tonight I began putting clothes in the suitcase. Last weekend I tried everything on again to make sure everything still fit. I've done well. I've kept my weight off even though I haven't made it to Curves over the past 2 months. I just really restrict the volume of food I eat and I try to walk on the treadmill at least 2 times a week. I didn't want to lose any more weight at this time because I had just purchased new clothes for the cruise and didn't want the fit to be wrong.

So, I'll be sure and check in when I return and tell you all about it. (by the way, I'm bringing a bag of Doritos and Lays potato chips with my on the ship....diet is over and I want to enjoy my cruise....and chips are hard to find on a ship!)

Take care,

Hey everyone! I hope you're having a good weekend and a fun Hallowe'en!

I have some exciting news! My mom gave me a pair of pants this morning, and I looked at the tag and I was sure they wouldn't fit. Guess what- they did! That means I've lost 5 inches off my waistline! Haven't lost any pounds though, but I'm sure those will come. It's been 3 weeks of 3x a week now!
Kimberly- no chips on the ship? My fiance will be sad. Enjoy your cruise!

Kimberly..

Have a great cruise! Thanks for the tip on the chips..now I know to pack some when I go..not that I need them..but I'm going to look forward to munching on the cruise! I hope you have a relaxing, enjoyable trip and let us know how much fun you had!

SusieV...way to go!! Keep it up!! You are awesome!

Last night was my first time this week but I already have my clothes ready for tonight too! Got to get there before I "get out there". lol I really need to go as much as I can over the next two weeks to get me motivated to exercise on the ship. I find that if I have been really good the few weeks before the trip then I am "in the habit" and find time to do it on the ship. If I have been "lazy" and not going for the few weeks before the trip then I tend to come up with excuses to not exercise. And with all of the good food I need to exercise for sure! Thanks for helping keep me on track.

Made it to Curves again last night. Did my 3 mile Walk Express dvd this morning. I'm trying to get back in the exercise habit so I will continue while cruising for 15 days. Only have two weeks to get in the habit so I am really try to go as much as possible. I have been finding excuses not to go to Curves and not do the dvd. I have to get over that and "make myself" do it. Once I am back in the habit I really enjoy it and stick with it more. But just a little bit of slacking off and I really pay for it when I try to get back into it.

I'm a newby to Curves (1 month). I agree the more reps you can do the more you are going to benefit. What I haven't heard anyone mention is pulse rate. I have been trying to maximize my reps, and keep my pulse rate in check in accordance to their recommendations. I find it hard to believe that someone could do 30 reps on some of these machines and not be off the chart with their pulse rate.:confused:

I just started Curves and I am having the same problem, keeping my pulse rate on the chart. I am working with the trainers who are concerned at how high it is. I believe in pushing myself on the machines and resting on the stations in between just keeping my rate up so it doesn't have big peaks and valleys. I have read that for optimum results we should keep it at 65% but my trainers are stating 85%, does anyone know where I will see the best results? I went over a year ago and got very little in way of results. This time I am going 3 times a week for a full workout 3x around and 3 times a week using just the resting stations getting and keeping my heart rate where it should be and once around lightly using the machines. I want to see results this time and have enjoyed reading all the threads with the encouragement, suggestions etc. They will be starting the 6 week program after the holidays so for now I am just trying to get in optimum water and watching the carbs.

I have the opposite problem. I have to work very hard and jog on recovery stations to get my pulse to 70%. I was told you get maximum benefit at 70-80% and it shouldn't be higher or lower. Easier said then done.

I have been going faithfully for 2 months now and have lost 1 inch. That would be a half inch on each arm. Oh well. I enjoy it a lot and feel good so I will stick with it. I am starting a 6 week challenge tomorrow. I would love to lose but this time of year, its a victory to maintain. I hope I don't torpedo my team.:D

Initially, in the beginning it did not take too much to get my heart rate up. Now I have to work MUCH harder to get my HR @ the target level. That usually translates into more reps on the machines. I always try to aim for the 80-85% if possible. If I go over, I try to scale back a little so I don't crash and burn!

I still have not lost alot of weight but @ each weigh in, a small loss is there. The inches are what are telling the story (7.5" since I started) and my body fat % is down. My Dr. states that even though a substantial wt loss is not happening, I am likely holding that "10-15 lb pre-menopausal wt gain " @ bay.

I can deal with that!

I am so glad I found this board. I did well with curves for the first few months and I did lose 4 inches but only a few pounds. I think my problem is I get bored after the first round. I have no idea why. I work hard on the machines and I saw a significant shift in where I carried my weight, but I have gotten out of the groove and cannot seem to get jump started. I am stuck at 154 and want to get to at leat 145 before April. HELP!! This will be my second trip with my husband and he has lost 40lbs! Don't men make you sick!!! :mad:

I know what you mean. I start a diet and workout program, my husband supports 100% and he always does so much better then me. After 29 years marriage he has finally realized women as a whole have a much harder time with their weight as he eats what I prepare and doesn't exercise and sees how hard I work at it and his results are so much better then mine. I am not giving up and I will weigh in and get measured after 2 weeks on curves and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will see results. Keep up the great work and the encouragement.

I just found this thread. I have been going to Curves for a month and a half. My first weigh in I only lost about a pound but lost a total of 7.5 inches. I was so surprised. At my Curves they never told me about doing a lot of reps quickly. I am used to weight machines where it is better to do the reps slowly to work the muscles. I will try to speed up the reps and see what happens. I need to drop at least one dress size before April.

Since I am post menopausal, and a former smoker, and love to eat I have a triple whammy against me. But I will keep at it and hope for good results.

Two weeks up and I couldn't wait to see if this time at Curves I would see results and stay motivated. I weighed in 1st, what a disappointment only 1lb. The the big surprise a total in loss of 8 inches. The inches lost were in the main areas I want and need to loose, hips, waist and belly. I will continue to work out as hard as I did the first 2 weeks and try to incorporate one or two eating habits I can live with and maybe this time taking it one day at a time I will get the results I want and need. Keep up the great work, I love the idea of a curves cruise, any excuse to cruise.

Archived