Cruise Directors

April65

Well we hardly saw our CD on Balmoral apart from show nights when he introduced the show and then closed the show. The Ents team was super, we played quoits, darts, table tennis. It was all fine. It's been mostly the same on all the ships we have been on, so I don't know what difference the CD makes or not?

I think the CD makes a big difference, but it was not until we had a really bad CD I realised the impact on all areas of the entertainment programme. A good CD will keep the team happy, make sure their skills are used appropriately, respond to issues and will be a good role model for the others on how to interact with passengers.

I agree that some CDs are invisible and some are around, but quite honestly they make no difference to my cruise at all. In fact, just back from Balmoral, CD was quite good, but it wouldn't have made a scrap of difference if he wasn't.

But when you experience a very good CD, you know the difference. Weve had two excellent CDs on RCI. Great personalities that have influenced so many passengers enjoyment of their cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We never realised how bad a cruise adirector could be until we had ana appalling Welsh lady named Sam on a Princess cruise last year, 3 months later we sailed on the Azura and had Neil Oliver and he was at the opposite end of the of the scale. We have not been to a sailaway for years because they are not usually our sort of thing but so many people told us how good Neil's was from Southampton that we went to the next one and then to all of them on that cruise. I think that Neil should be used to show all of the cruise directors what makes a good cruise director, for me he is the diamond in P&O's crown. I hope that he is on the Azura again in Junewhen we go, or maybe I should start checking where he is and go on the ships that he is on when we want to go away.

Have to agree about Neil Oliver an excellent cruise director who seems to pass on his enthusiasm to the rest of his team,he certainly leads from the front and very approachable when walking about the ship always has the time to speak to passengers.

I also like the sailaways in particular the Great British Sailaway when alongside other ships is excellent and I have never experienced a bad reaction from their passengers just the opposite in fact, it is only an hour or so out of a fourteen night cruise if you don't like it no one is forcing you to attend.There are activities I don't enjoy on the ship I therefore avoid them but I would not ask the shipping line to stop them because they are not my cup of tea, live and let live life is far to short.

Happy cruising to you all,next for my better half and I,Ventura 28/02/14.

We never realised how bad a cruise adirector could be until we had ana appalling Welsh lady named Sam on a Princess cruise last year, 3 months later we sailed on the Azura and had Neil Oliver and he was at the opposite end of the of the scale. We have not been to a sailaway for years because they are not usually our sort of thing but so many people told us how good Neil's was from Southampton that we went to the next one and then to all of them on that cruise. I think that Neil should be used to show all of the cruise directors what makes a good cruise director, for me he is the diamond in P&O's crown. I hope that he is on the Azura again in Junewhen we go, or maybe I should start checking where he is and go on the ships that he is on when we want to go away.

Unfortunately you are just as likely to experience Hewie Taylor......the complete opposite of Neil or any good CD.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by kevinyork

...I think that Neil should be used to show all of the cruise directors what makes a good cruise director, for me he is the diamond in P&O's crown...

Totally agree. That's probably why he has inaugurated their last two new (large) ships, Ventura & Azura. He also usually has a spell shoreside in advance of the launch of a new ship to be part of the planning team.