Transportation to the Port of Manhatten

lgfromdg

My daughter and I will be styaing at a relative's apartment in Manhatten (5th & 32nd) the day before our cruise and will need transporation to the Port of Manhatten on Saturday. Any suggestions as to the best way to get to the port would be appreciated. Thanks.

Any suggestions as to the best way to get to the port would be appreciated.

Walk down to the street from the apartment. Raise your hand.

Yellow cab is $14.08 (by mileage from your location) plus tip or if you want to arrange a time, Dial 7 limo shows $16 for sedan and $21 for Luxury Sedan plus Tip.

Cheapest would the MTA bus B5 or B7 to the B50, not recommending that $6 for two.

Seriously you are not that far, if you were into dragging your bags you could even walk... well I walk from Broadway and 42nd a little closer.

I'd just grab a cab.

Actually I'd probably take the N/R train from Herald Square to 57th and then walk the five blocks or so crosstown, but I travel light and love to walk.

When I was in NYC in April with my sister, we took cabs a lot but usually had to walk a few blocks from the apartment to catch one. Since my DD & I aren't light packers, I think I'll go with Dial 7 Limo; I was going to use them for transportation from the airport.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Hi

Suggestions and possible cost to get to cruise port (NCL GEM) from JFK please.

Thanks

From JFK to Manhattan (or reverse), taxis charge a flat fare of $52.50 plus tolls and tip.

You can also book a car service for about the same price...maybe even a couple of dollars less, and often the car service vehicles are a little nicer than taxis. Here are two of the largest car services in NY:

Dial 7 http://www.dial7.com

Carmel http://www.carmellimo.com

I don't recommend using a shuttle service such as Super Shuttle in NY City. They're OK in many places, but not in NY...bad vehicles and bad drivers.

You might want to check the Ground Transportation page of the airport's website for some other options (AirTrain connecting to subway or Long Island Railroad for example).

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-ground-transportation.html

From JFK to Manhattan (or reverse), taxis charge a flat fare of $52.50 plus tolls and tip.

You can also book a car service for about the same price...maybe even a couple of dollars less, and often the car service vehicles are a little nicer than taxis. Here are two of the largest car services in NY:

Dial 7 www.dial7.com

Carmel www.carmellimo.com

I don't recommend using a shuttle service such as Super Shuttle in NY City. They're OK in many places, but not in NY...bad vehicles and bad drivers.

You might want to check the Ground Transportation page of the airport's website for some other options (AirTrain connecting to subway or Long Island Railroad for example).

http://www.panynj.gov/airports/jfk-ground-transportation.html

Thank you for the information. I did check a car service, (not the 2 above think same one NCL uses) and with tolls & tax & tip he said it would be approximately $78 that is per car not per person lol. Probably the same for above, but, I will check them out.

Thank you for the information. I did check a car service, (not the 2 above think same one NCL uses) and with tolls & tax & tip he said it would be approximately $78 that is per car not per person lol. Probably the same for above, but, I will check them out.

That is almost double of the two companies listed Carmel is $48 Full size Sedan or $51 Luxury Sedan or $56 Deluxe Sedan, all plus toll and tip.

Max toll is $5.33 EzPass $7.50 cash.

That is almost double of the two companies listed Carmel is $48 Full size Sedan or $51 Luxury Sedan or $56 Deluxe Sedan, all plus toll and tip.

Max toll is $5.33 EzPass $7.50 cash.

Maybe its a hefty tip.:( You give them a credit card when you book, and they charge you that day and you give the driver nothing. Of course if you don't show they charge you or they wait they charge you more. I tried to reach the 1st one listed above but could not chat with anyone & of course they only give the cost of the car which was as you say $48. Then add tax, tolls & tip. NY has lots of taxes.

Maybe its a hefty tip.:( You give them a credit card when you book, and they charge you that day and you give the driver nothing. NY has lots of taxes.

No, I pay cash with them all the the time. Thursday I'm taking Carmel Limo from my home to LGA for $46 minus the $3 coupon plus time I will determine that amount. $8 tip is 17% (there about) still lesst then the $70 quote.

There is wait time of 30 minutes and yes beyond that they charge but they know when the flight lands, you give the flight number to them. Still concerned you call them when your flight lands and then they dispatch the car.

There are no hidden taxes in Livery service be it Yellow Taxi or "Black car" Livery Service. All prices meter or quoted include tax.

Archived