Crown & Anchor points for recent Grandeur of the Seas sailing

Greetings everyone who were on the GoTS sailing on 5/24. Went on RCCL today to check on upcoming cruises and also to check on points which have been missing from the 5/24 sailing. Long story short, check your points because the wrong amounts are being credited.

From the 5/31 message from RCCL:

"In addition to the compensation you have already received, as a member of the Crown & Anchor Society®, we would like to give you one extra cruise point for each night of your sailing. That means you will receive 14 points for an inside, outside or balcony stateroom and 21 points for a suite. Your extra points will be credited to your account in the next 90 days."

We were supposed to receive 21 points and only 7 are showing. Anyone else have the same problem?

I don't want to seem ungrateful because I'm glad we all (eventually) got off the ship safely and the Captain and Crew all did their jobs superbly, but just throwing the query out to everyone....

Looks like that have posted the bonus points but not the actual cruise points

Greetings everyone who were on the GoTS sailing on 5/24. Went on RCCL today to check on upcoming cruises and also to check on points which have been missing from the 5/24 sailing. Long story short, check your points because the wrong amounts are being credited.

From the 5/31 message from RCCL:

"In addition to the compensation you have already received, as a member of the Crown & Anchor Society®, we would like to give you one extra cruise point for each night of your sailing. That means you will receive 14 points for an inside, outside or balcony stateroom and 21 points for a suite. Your extra points will be credited to your account in the next 90 days."

We were supposed to receive 21 points and only 7 are showing. Anyone else have the same problem?

I don't want to seem ungrateful because I'm glad we all (eventually) got off the ship safely and the Captain and Crew all did their jobs superbly, but just throwing the query out to everyone....

We just rec'd 7 points today and should have rec'd 14 for balcony cabin. I did write to the Crown & Anchor dept. questioning this. I will post reply when I receive it.

E-mailed C&A, but no response yet. Called C&A this evening. They are aware of the issue. They know that I/we are to receive the extra points. In fact they said that they just got an e-mail in the last day or so that their IT staff is supposed to be working on the issue.

That's the update for now. Let's all keep fingers crossed.

Thanks, but it's not official yet. I'll keep checking the web site. Hopefully, it'll be online in time for the Majesty cruise I'm planning for July.

Did your July cruise already come and go or is it in the next few days? We are do for a "Live" report Dagis! Not many days left in July.

Did your points post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Did your July cruise already come and go or is it in the next few days? We are do for a "Live" report Dagis! Not many days left in July.

Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, I had to cancel my July cruise plans because DH was hospitalized and had emergency surgery. Fortunately, I hadn't booked the cruise yet since I was waiting for a last-minute deal, and my credit card should be covering the $75 cancellation fee from the airline.

DH is doing better now and we're hoping to hear good news from the neurologist on Tuesday. Assuming he's cleared to drive and resume normal activities, I may be going on the Allure of the Seas at the end of August. If so, with the unlimited internet package that's offered on her, I might do another "live" thread. :)

Did your points post?

DH has 7 points posted, so he's waiting for other 7 bonus points. (I wasn't on the Grandeur, but got the e-mail because our C&A accounts are linked. His points don't affect my total and since I'm higher, he's actually benefiting from my status.)

Thanks for asking! Unfortunately, I had to cancel my July cruise plans because DH was hospitalized and had emergency surgery. Fortunately, I hadn't booked the cruise yet since I was waiting for a last-minute deal, and my credit card should be covering the $75 cancellation fee from the airline.

DH is doing better now and we're hoping to hear good news from the neurologist on Tuesday. Assuming he's cleared to drive and resume normal activities, I may be going on the Allure of the Seas at the end of August. If so, with the unlimited internet package that's offered on her, I might do another "live" thread. :)

DH has 7 points posted, so he's waiting for other 7 bonus points. (I wasn't on the Grandeur, but got the e-mail because our C&A accounts are linked. His points don't affect my total and since I'm higher, he's actually benefiting from my status.)

Glad DH is doing better. Sad you had to cancel Majesty but that's even better if you get to sail on Lady Allure! That will be cool if you do a "Live". :-)

Happy sailing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for my extra 7 as well, but I suspect we won't all see those at once since they need applied manually. I'm about 70 days out from a sailing that will take me to diamond plus (providing those extra 7 are applied), so I'm giving them another 30 days before I start calling relentlessly :)

Judy

We're also watching the points and have other cruises booked so we move to Diamond Plus before we go on the Quantum Translatlantic cruise next November. I'm going to hang in for another week, then hit the phone and mail again as well.

Just really surprised how long they are taking and doing the "passes" of adding points. it would seem they would take the December Double points computer program they used for the past couple of years, switch the date for the May 24 cruise and handle it all at once.

By the way, still bummed they aren't doing the December Double points this year. But, that's OK. Just another reason to take another cruise in the Spring of next year! :-)

Thanks for the reply!

Totally agree that RCI was generous. Final 7 points came through! Most ecstatic! Sending letter of thanks tonight. Plan now in place to reach D+ by Quantum Transatlantic next year! OK. I've officially overused exclamation points in this post. Please forgive me....

Thanks Royal Caribbean if you read this! Class act! That's why we love sailing with you....

Archived