What to do??

MandynJim

I am looking for recommendations on what to do in Cozumel in August when DH and I visit. It is out anniversary trip away from our kids so we are looking for something adult where there will o minimal children around. Thanks!!

Nachi Cocom - small (limited to 100 guests) all-inclusive beach club. Great food, service, drinks with a nice beach and small pool. Taxi each way is about $16 for up to 4 in a cab (so team up with others in the cab line ;)) and admission is about $55 each.

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Good luck! :)

We've been to Cozumel several times. Once we rented a car and drove to a couple of beaches, although I wouldn't recommend that. We did okay and had a nice time, but that was a long time ago. After that, we took the Ferry over to Playa de Carmen each time our cruise stopped there. It's a lovely place, cobblestone streets with shops and restaurants. There is also a beach if you want that. We've just wandered around, did some shopping and stopped at a sidewalk café for a drink and one place made guacoamole (sp?) at the table for us that was great! I'm just not a huge fan or Mexico these days, but that trip has been fun and safe. :)

My husband and I were in Cozumel last September for our honeymoon and went to Passion Island. It was AMAZING and I only remember seeing one child there. We booked through Carnival and I think it cost us $60 each, but is all inclusive. A full mayan buffet and alcoholic beverages are included....and they do not skimp on the alcohol.

They have a catamaran waiting for you at the pier and we really enjoyed the ride to the private island. The sands are like powder and the water was beautiful. We never wanted to leave.

We are heading back there in November and can't wait!

i second the Cozumel Bar Hop tour. It takes you to the other side of the island and makes stops at the local beach bar/restaurants. It's a fun, fun day. Small group, GREAT guide, airconditioned bus or van. You really get a taste of the island and excellent scenery, food, drinks and people!!

We've been to Cozumel over 10 times and it's one of the most fun things we've done. (And we do something different every time). We've done Nachi Cocum (nice, but we also spend weeks at all-inclusives, so nothing new), Dune Buggies (super fun - hot & dirty), shopping, snorkeling, etc.

Archived