Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

While we ponder the questions the recent photos have created, let's have a short intermission. I came across a photo of some other cruise ship enthusiasts who took advantage of the recent flood created by cyclone Xaver that came ashore on December 5th in Germany. Odd.

1471969_10152491636684988_1869674713_n.jpg

While we ponder the questions the recent photos have created, let's have a short intermission. I came across a photo of some other cruise ship enthusiasts who took advantage of the recent flood created by cyclone Xaver that came ashore on December 5th in Germany. Odd.

Odd indeed, but it also shows how passionate some are with cruise ships and cruising. I thought I was nuts about this whole ship building stuff, but wow.

Very well could be with "repositioning" to come. I keep looking at the picture Lloyd posted and the current (outdated) webcam imagine and wonder if those objects covered in blue in the very front section of the Quantum blocks could be the engine sets for Anthem.

Good catch, didn't even notice them. The engines were installed very early in the Quantum build so it is very likely to be Anthem's engines. Amazing how quickly they get a heart.

Oh wow, that's one of my favorite ships. What happened? :eek::(

For the exception of a few people the staff made it known they would much rather be in Europe !! Even after the refurb it still looks run down and needs some tlc .. My friend and I still had a blast didn't let it bother us, now looking forward to quantum

For the exception of a few people the staff made it known they would much rather be in Europe !! Even after the refurb it still looks run down and needs some tlc .. My friend and I still had a blast didn't let it bother us, now looking forward to quantum

Wow! I'm glad u were still able to have a great time.

I am so surprised that RCI is being so tight lipped about the Quantum especially after informative they were when the building the Oasis.

That's kind of surprising. We were on her transatlantic last year and the British staff seemed incredibly passionate and attentive. The non British staff would get excited the moment they learned we weren't British and could not wait to get the US. She never felt dirty or rundown either and this was 6 months before the dry dock and upgrades. Maybe people are having trouble adjusting to the shorter itineraries, the staff certainly loved building relationships with all the passengers which is harder on the short routes.

Geez. We're being spoiled today! Great close-up.

Not a recent photo however. Compare it to the previous photo above. Also note where the basin divider is located; same spot as in in pre-Getaway float out days?

BbZc29wCMAEZmKA.jpg:large

Edit: I was disoriented for a moment by the railing in the left side of the photo, thinking it belonged to the dock next to the basin. Then I realised that it's a temporary railing on a Quantum (class) block.

I saw the original tweet. Definitely not a recent picture for an 'update'. I suppose this is the latest picture that Royal Caribbean PR may have? We're lucky that they didn't show the keel laying photo instead! :D

1471969_10152491636684988_1869674713_n.jpg

I WANT ONE!! Well, a Freedom, Oasis or Quantum class model anyhow!

I just have this. :(

squeeze_toys_boat_2.jpeg

I WANT ONE!! Well, a Freedom, Oasis or Quantum class model anyhow!

I just have this. :(

squeeze_toys_boat_2.jpeg

LOL! I have one in my tub as well when I take a bath. The ports of call aren't anything to write home about! :o

BTW, the other more recent photo that I posted was supposedly for some news release. We'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Wow! I'm glad u were still able to have a great time.

I am so surprised that RCI is being so tight lipped about the Quantum especially after informative they were when the building the Oasis.

Yeah same here!!! With the oasis it felt like everything at once and I was still trying to wrap my head around everything just after each release. I think they are still trying to decide what else they are going to do, or where to put venues. I think they still have a lot to do to trump the oasis

They were actually incredibly secretive with the Oasis. Their announcement schedule was actually forced to be moved up because we saw things being constructed in the shipyard before they were ready to announce them. The difference is that they had a pretty consistent announcement schedule with each neighborhood as a separate announcement. This time they are announcing individual venues and seem to be struggling to figure out how and when to do things in order to make an impact with their announcements.

They were actually incredibly secretive with the Oasis. Their announcement schedule was actually forced to be moved up because we saw things being constructed in the shipyard before they were ready to announce them. The difference is that they had a pretty consistent announcement schedule with each neighborhood as a separate announcement. This time they are announcing individual venues and seem to be struggling to figure out how and when to do things in order to make an impact with their announcements.

I agree, I wish we had a contact who works for yard just like the oasis who would pass info and pics along. Speed the time table up !!

Yeah same here!!! With the oasis it felt like everything at once and I was still trying to wrap my head around everything just after each release. I think they are still trying to decide what else they are going to do, or where to put venues. I think they still have a lot to do to trump the oasis

I don't think this ship will come close to trumping the Oasis class ships. Too bad we don't have much information other than what was released back in April to compare. LOL

I don't think this ship will come close to trumping the Oasis class ships. Too bad we don't have much information other than what was released back in April to compare. LOL

The trump card for me is, I don't have to fly, stay over night anywhere, or rent a car. It's a 40 min ride

A Norwegian Getaway (thought we'd never see her again, huh?) fan/tourist inadvertently caught a bit of the loft suite block in a photo taken some time in November. Ya, it's not a recent photo, but you take what you can get... well, what you can find on the internet, anyhow.

NorwegianGetaway4a_zps4d3a12f1.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

A Norwegian Getaway (thought we'd never see her again, huh?) fan/tourist inadvertently caught a bit of the loft suite block in a photo taken some time in November. Ya, it's not a recent photo, but you take what you can get... well, what you can find on the internet, anyhow.

NorwegianGetaway4a_zps4d3a12f1.jpg

Old. New. Who cares for now. Nice to have something to chat about.

You an almost make out the different levels inside the loft suite. Like that.

1st - Good photo. Nice to see anything not seen before!

2nd - I once asked what happened to the temporary road in front of the large hall 6 doorway that the ships float out through. I was referred to these 2 photos. Like almost everything else at Meyer Werft, it is moved by tugs.

5999244_l.jpeg

5999242_l.jpeg

Very cool pictures especially from the side view. I have seen pictures of tugs infront of this road/bridge/dam but this gives you a better sense of the scale of the whole thing. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Some more pieces being shipped to Meyer Werft for the Quantum class ships.

Nice to see the bulbous bow and the rest of bow blocks. The main bow section (in white) will be one of the last blocks to be installed if they follow the same build process as other ships built in Hall 6.