Carnival Splendor Cruise Review with Photos!

Thank you for taking the time to post, really enjoying your review, and pics. I'm also glad to hear that you fell in love with the Splendor as I was concerned being as our only 2 cruises on Carnival were on Spirit-class ships, which we loved.

You're welcome! :)

We did indeed enjoy the Splendor, but I would love to cruise on another Spirit class ship again.

the rotisserie is not a restaurant just upstairs in the buffet a small quiet area. There is only one specialty restaurant the Pinnacle on the splendor

Actually, the rotisserie IS a "restaurant" or at least a place to get food! ;) It has chicken, corn on the cob, baked potatoes with all the fixings and mac and cheese. It's NEVER crowded. My fave thing to do was get a bowl, fill it up with mac and cheese, top it off with EXTRA cheese and diced bacon from the "fixings" and chow down! :cool: I think there was something else offered also but I can't remember....maybe cole slaw and potatoe salad? :confused::confused:

Thank you for taking the time to post, really enjoying your review, and pics. I'm also glad to hear that you fell in love with the Splendor as I was concerned being as our only 2 cruises on Carnival were on Spirit-class ships, which we loved.

Don't know where the multi quote button thingy went....:confused: I think we all were/are worried about this same thing. Very spoiled being on spirit class ships because they are the perfect size and so easy to get around. You get used to the Splendor and she is really a great ship with a great crew. The one thing I really noticed immediately was how much smaller the atrium is then the Miracle. Not a big deal, tho!

Go Yankees!!! Watching them beating up on Cleveland as I write this!! Really enjoying your review so far. We have done this itinerary several times so far on the Miracle & Pride. Looking forward to your pics from GT & HMC. We were at HMC last August, and they hadn't even begun building the new Villas yet. Can't believe how fast they built them!!

Go Yankees!!! Watching them beating up on Cleveland as I write this!! Really enjoying your review so far. We have done this itinerary several times so far on the Miracle & Pride. Looking forward to your pics from GT & HMC. We were at HMC last August, and they hadn't even begun building the new Villas yet. Can't believe how fast they built them!!

Thanks! Unfortunetly I don't have any pics of HMC as I forgot to bring my camera and once I realized this, I didn't want to tender back to the ship to get it!

Thanks! Unfortunetly I don't have any pics of HMC as I forgot to bring my camera and once I realized this, I didn't want to tender back to the ship to get it!

Since you are a Yankee fan, I can forgive you!! :D I have a zillion pics from there, but I want to see some of the villas (besides the stock ones I have seen online). Of course I'll take plenty myself when we're back there in August!!

Ports

Grand Turk

We've previously visited Grand Turk several times and always enjoy a lazy beach day. The weather was mostly cloudy but warm. We proceeded off the ship around 10:00 AM and made our way down the beach to Jack's Shack. We hung out for awhile, had some drinks and swam in the beautiful blue waters in front of the bar. At around 2:00 PM we made our way back to the ship and grabbed a snack while relaxing on the lido deck. A nice, pleasant beach day!

Carnival Splendor docked in Grand Turk

2s15ba1.jpg

Carnival Splendor from the beach

2qbanm9.jpg

Half Moon Cay

We woke up early, got some breakfast from the buffet and made our way down to the theatre to grab our tender tickets. We waited 20 minutes until they called our number and proceeded to board the tender boat for the short ride over to the island.

The weather was mostly sunny and very warm, yet windy. We noticed something we've never seen before on our 4 previous visits to Half Moon Cay; WAVES! We spent the day hanging out having drinks and body surfing in the waves. How I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera!

Nassau

For our sixth visit to Nassau, we decided to spend most of the day on board the quiet ship. We chilled out on deck 9 aft for awhile enjoying the warm sunny weather. At around noon we decided to go explore downtown and buy some cheap souvenirs for folks back home. Normally we take a taxi to Cabbage beach but we didn't feel like it this time around.

Empty lido deck in Nassau

jgh9w7.jpg

Atlantis

m8lds6.jpg

Docked in Nassau

2uyjdwn.jpg

Shopping

5b4cn6.jpg

Final days at sea

I forgot to mention earlier in my review that after two more nights of terrible sleep, I went down to guest services and asked them if we could switch cabins on a quieter deck. Luckily for us they had an inside cabin all the way aft on deck 7 and we slept much better after that.

Our last two sea days were also very relaxing. We spent most of the days in the Serenity area, working on our tans while enjoying a variety of adult beverages. The evenings consisted of dinner at the Black Pearl followed by adult comedy shows, strolls on the promenade deck and even a night of mucho Patron tequila shots in the Red carpet disco followed by a 3:00 AM pizza snack!!! :D

We arrived in New York around 6:00 AM and the debarkation process started at 8:00 AM. We weren't in any rush to get off the ship so we just hung out with our coffees on deck 10 until our zone was called. We proceeded through customs and immigration without incident and walked to the NY Waterways ferry station for our ride back to New Jersey.

We stayed a few days with my dad at his appartment in Edgewater and enjoyed some nice New York Spring weather. A nice ending to another great cruise! :)

Coming up: Carnival Splendor Report Card

Edited by YankeeFan4Ever

Final days at sea

I forgot to mention earlier in my review that after two more nights of terrible sleep, I went down to guest services and asked them if we could switch cabins on a quieter deck. Luckily for us they had an inside cabin all the way aft on deck 7 and we slept much better after that.

As I like to say, "It never hurts to ask"! Glad you had a great time and you were able to change rooms! :) Looking forward to the "Report Card"! :D

Final days at sea

As I like to say, "It never hurts to ask"! Glad you had a great time and you were able to change rooms! :) Looking forward to the "Report Card"! :D

Thanks and you're absolutely right!

Atlantis

m8lds6.jpg

Docked in Nassau

Wow, I didn't expect Atlantis to appear so tiny from the ship! :( I've never been to Nassau and I'm looking forward to docking there on my July cruise just to see the Atlantis from a distance. It goes to show how huge the Splendor is. :cool:

BTW, that sunset shot is amazing! What camera did you use?

Thank you so much for the fantastic picture review!

Great review and photos. I got so caught up in your Gem review and videos posting of your cruise during Hurricane Sandy, I forgot all about the original review I was reading. Great job on both!!!! Happy Sailing!!!!

not to take away from your Splendor review but what were your thoughts about the Norwegian Gem. Reason I'm asking is that when we sailed on the Celebrity Summit 2 years ago we were docked next to the Gem in Bermuda and I asked quite a few people how they liked the Gem and the majority of those I asked said they'd wished they had been on the Summit...

Wow, I didn't expect Atlantis to appear so tiny from the ship! :( I've never been to Nassau and I'm looking forward to docking there on my July cruise just to see the Atlantis from a distance. It goes to show how huge the Splendor is. :cool:

BTW, that sunset shot is amazing! What camera did you use?

Thank you so much for the fantastic picture review!

Thank you! The camera I use is the Nikon Coolpix 9100. :)

Great review and photos. I got so caught up in your Gem review and videos posting of your cruise during Hurricane Sandy, I forgot all about the original review I was reading. Great job on both!!!! Happy Sailing!!!!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed both reviews! :)