Question for us "bad" cruisers out there - getting booze on the ship

cruiser05

When we went in January, we packed rum runners in the inside lining of our suitcases. I also packed two in my bra. (hahaha i knew losing that weight and keeping around a larger bra would come in handy!!!). I put them in the inside of the carry ons and checked so we had chances in case one got caught. Inside the lining, down by the wheels, and then I piled all the other liquids I had on top- mouthwashes, bottles of water, our bottles of wine, when they did open the bag, I had no problem pulling all the liquids out because they were all legit. (minus the rum runners tucked away...) Truth be told though, we still bought drinks and only drank 1 of the 5 rum runners we brought....

Re-corked/resealed wine bottles can get noticed. You need a good corking machine and foil sealing device to get them past eye inspection. Otherwise, they'll appear to have been opened and that will get them confiscated.

Avoid the hassle of recorking/resealing, packing large size RRs, shambooze etc. and risk of confiscation by ordering bottles from Bon Voyage. More expensive than local packie but cheaper than buying all your drinks on board.

May give this a shot when we cruise. They should sell recorking kits at your local wine shop.

These cost around $35-$70. So unless you're going to use them for occassions other than cruise booze, you need to factor that into the total cost.

We took two bottles of Yellow Tail a couple times and they took the bottles out and checked them. It seems like there must be something with the cork on Yellow Tail that looks odd through the scanner. This happened at the Port of Miami twice. We have taken Clos du Bois and other wines on our other cruises and they have never taken the bottles out of our carry on.

It seems like by the time I spend ~$28 on Amazon for RumRunners plus the cost of a bottle at the liquor store (~$20 bucks), itll be about the same as order one bottle from the Bon Voyage and have it waiting in my room on me....

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

Be creative, be prepared to give up some pawns. There is no way possible

buying booze from the ship is cheaper than smuggling.

If it is tell.

I don't smuggle cheap stuff.

The real lazy way is the drink package.:cool:

You're right. After doing a little research online I've noticed that....

In other news.. Cheapest place to buy rum runners?? Amazon..?

So i know many people have all mentioned their previous successes in sneaking on beverages that we are not supposed to.

I am curious as to this....i know they allow 1 bottle of wine per person above 21 in your carry on.

Do they inspect these bottles or just pass them through the xray machine?

We have 4 people above 21 traveling with us and were wondering if we saved some empties...filled them with our own choice of beverage and recorked them... would they be noticed?

For those of you who are going to say "how about just follow the rules" and just pay for your drinks like everyone else.....I appreciate your input but please save it.

I still plan on purchasing Cheers as well as we will probably be buying some bottles to be in our room waiting for us, but for 4 former college football linemen, we want to be sure we have enough without spending thousands.

It will work, and it is even better if the wine bottle is green glass :cool:

It seems like by the time I spend ~$28 on Amazon for RumRunners plus the cost of a bottle at the liquor store (~$20 bucks), itll be about the same as order one bottle from the Bon Voyage and have it waiting in my room on me....

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

They're reusable for the next trip, plus the little ones can be used after the cruise to take liquor out and save money back at home. Better than a flask.

And you can fit 2 bottles of liquor in the "Cruise Package" of rum runners. That's worth 2 bottles from room service.

Archived