Ncl pearl mini suite bathroom question

themnms

Hi

We are researching a cruise on the Pearl for Alaska the end of aug. Grandma has Alaska on her bucket list so there would be three in the cabin..I see it has a tub shower..does anyone know if it is a high step into the tub? We recently had to renovate our bathroom to a tiled in shower as gettiing in and out of the tub is hard for her..Just wondering as of course she would like to shower during the trip!!

thanks in advance

For someone having trouble with tubs, I do think that it's quite high.

Why not look at the balconies instead, there are no tubs, you'd save some money and the mini suite isn't that much different (many here think that mini suites should be labelled as deluxe balconies as there are very few differences anymore - years ago there were more and minis had some extra services).

Minisuites are about 285 sq ft while standard balconies are 205... so yes they are larger. The bathtub is a full step over the side in the minis. If it is a big issue, the smaller room may be less of a problem for your group than getting in the shower.

~Intrepid <-- scrub-a-dub

We have been in the accessible mini suites and they are huge and have a walk in shower with a pull down seat. To sleep 3 you would need to use the pull out sofa. My 2 teenage children slept on this and said it was comfy. It did have an eggcrate mat on top so if that is not there ask for it. Photos below for you

P1020223.jpg.aab3af614f322fafea8946a9c314bd02.jpg

P1020123.jpg.6631c51f869144fcf669ec4f2e3812b3.jpg

Yep. The sides are high and the entry to the tub narrow. Mini suites do have more room and it's a better sleeping arrangement for a 3rd person for sure versus the regular balcony. The regular balcony has a narrow fold down couch that sits between the main bed and the balcony door. In the mini the bed is larger and there is a curtain between the 3rd bed and the main bed.

Here are some Jewel mini pictures. The Pearl is the same

Tub

DSCN4703-vi.jpg

3rd person bed

IMG_3926-vi.jpg

You can see the third bed in the balcony room in this picture. It's the couch wedged between the bed and balcony. It folks down parallel to the main bed. Not much privacy

1155911078.jpg

Its sounds like looking into an accessible room might be the best of the three options. Mini's have great space and sleeping, but the tub would be an issue. The balcony sleeping arrangement for a 3rd adult is less than ideal

just a thought, as SDMIKE stated, the sleeping arrangements are better in the mini over a balcony, is grandma fairly mobile? showers in the spa (forward on deck 12) are huge and grandma would probably enjoy the spa pass as well. That would address the shower issue and give you the extra 80 sqft of space for the three of you.

just a thought, as SDMIKE stated, the sleeping arrangements are better in the mini over a balcony, is grandma fairly mobile? showers in the spa (forward on deck 12) are huge and grandma would probably enjoy the spa pass as well. That would address the shower issue and give you the extra 80 sqft of space for the three of you.

That is a seriously great idea! I think the spa pass was $149, and it would certainly be a special treat for the ladies in addition to solving a shower access issue if they didn't want an accessible room

The mini suites DO have a high step to swing your leg over to get into the tub/shower. Not a problem for agile folks, but anyone with mobility issues could find it somewhere between cumbersome and near impossible.

My Dad (87) with severe spinal stenosis is still able to climb in and out but my Mom stands by to help if needed.

We have been in the accessible mini suites and they are huge and have a walk in shower with a pull down seat. To sleep 3 you would need to use the pull out sofa. My 2 teenage children slept on this and said it was comfy. It did have an eggcrate mat on top so if that is not there ask for it. Photos below for you

thank you so much for the information and the pictures!! They are extremely helpful!!

Oh my you are brilliant also!!...I am going to give her all the options in the morning but I do think the regular balcony for three of us would be too tight and guess who will be getting the sofa!! lol..thanks to all for the great advice and help...love my CC family!!

Oh my you are brilliant also!!...I am going to give her all the options in the morning but I do think the regular balcony for three of us would be too tight and guess who will be getting the sofa!! lol..thanks to all for the great advice and help...love my CC family!!

Yep, for three (especially adults) the balcony cabin could be a bit tight, you didn't specify in the first post how many will be sleeping there so I assumed two cabins - my bad. :)

Hopefully you can get the HC cabin, happy cruising! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to add an update that we actually got a great deal on a penthouse suite with the handicapped bathroom so I think we are all set!! I still love the spa pass idea so I think i will get one of those!!

Archived