Amazo river cruises

Lance1224

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has seen the schedule for the 28 day Amazon

cruise RT out of Ft Lauderdale for 2014-2015. Is Princess going to do them ?

Thanks for the help,

Lance

There isn't any Amazon cruise scheduled for 2014-15. It looks like the last b2b is Dec.23, 2013- January 20, 2014

There isn't any Amazon cruise scheduled for 2014-15. It looks like the last b2b is Dec.23, 2013- January 20, 2014

That's a shame - the FLL to Manaus cruise we took in January 2010 was one of our best trips (cruise or otherwise) ever!

• 1 month later...

OK, so no Amazon River trips for the 2014/2015 season.

I'd love to know the hard facts and "educated opinions" as to whether Princess has left this itinerary permanently and why, or will they return in 2015/2016?

This was on my list of cruises and was getting close enough to the top such that I would have likely taken it in 2014/2015. If they're not going to return to the Amazon, it's time to find this itinerary elsewhere. Princess is my first choice but I'm sure there are suitable substitutes.

My guess is that this is permanent. The reason being that the only ships left in the Princess fleet that would do this cruise are doing other itineraries. You might look at a world cruise segment to see if one does this but it wouldn't be R/T. HAL has a 26-day Amazon Explorer R/T from FLL on the Prinsendam in November that is on sale. They are doing the same cruise in November 2014.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?destCode=S&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=PR&durationCode=&dateCode=11_2014&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&pageNumber=1&voyageCode=P450&webItineraryIdForAudit=S4X28F

Thanks Pam, I'll take a look at the HAL cruise. It just might work with our other commitments.
If you do, don't book a cabin on the Prinsendam on the lowest deck aft. She's an older ship and the vibration from the engines and thrusters will literally rattle everything and bounce you from your bed. :) She's an oldie but goodie. Here's a great website put together by a member of the HAL CC boards. It's a labor of love and incredibly helpful when booking HAL cruises:

http://abqreunion2008.com/

If you do, don't book a cabin on the Prinsendam on the lowest deck aft. She's an older ship and the vibration from the engines and thrusters will literally rattle everything and bounce you from your bed. :) She's an oldie but goodie. Here's a great website put together by a member of the HAL CC boards. It's a labor of love and incredibly helpful when booking HAL cruises:

http://abqreunion2008.com/

That's most helpful. Already looked at the cruise and I've saved it to favorites. At first glance the ports look more varied than the Princess itinerary as well. Looks like HAL verandahs are comparable to Princess mini-suites. Don't see anything comparable to the Princess balcony.

Oh well, this is a Princess thread, I'll wander over to HAL and do some exploring.

That's most helpful. Already looked at the cruise and I've saved it to favorites. At first glance the ports look more varied than the Princess itinerary as well. Looks like HAL verandahs are comparable to Princess mini-suites. Don't see anything comparable to the Princess balcony.

Oh well, this is a Princess thread, I'll wander over to HAL and do some exploring.

Thanks for asking this question. The Amazon is on our radar for winter of 2015 as a retirement celebration! Pam, as always, has provided great information.

Thanks, Pam!

Archived