Where do we get a soda at the buffet?

Scotts73

Another silly question...we have purchased the premium beverage program, how do we go about getting a diet coke at the buffet? Does someone come around taking orders, or is there a bar to order a coke right there at the buffet? Do we get a soda somewhere else before going to the buffet?? We will be on the Solstice. Thanks! :)

On the M class ships, as you enter the buffet on the port side, there is a kiosk with soda, water, Arizona Sweet Tea etc. Everything is in cans or bottles so easy to transport. I would usually pick up one going in and going out!

Greetings

There is also a bar just outside the aft doors on S-Class ships. It's usually easier in the buffet to get your own drinks, but there is wait service.

Good Sailing

Tom

There is no bar there on the Silhouette and I believe the Reflection :(

Greetings

Thanks for the clarification, thought the S-Class designs were all similar. Did they put a penthouse suite there?:D

Good Sailing

Tom

Are you sure? Maybe my memory is getting different X ships mixed up, but I could have sworn there was a bar right inside the buffet area on Reflection? I might be confused, because I usually drink iced tea in the buffet, but I thought I remembered getting fresh squeezed OJ there in the mornings.

Yes there is on Silhouette. Opposite side from the ice cream station, as you enter from the elevators. Just got off Silhouette Monday. EM

I can't believe they WOULDN'T put a bar in the buffet, very un-X-like to miss a major opportunity for additional revenue! Of course people would want to purchase drinks, beer, sodas, bottled water, fresh juices to go with the meal. Weird that there wouldn't be a place to do that. The above description of where the bar is on Silhouette is where I was thinking of it being on Reflection.

This is a bar at the front of the buffet on S class and at the aft (outdoors) on all ships except Silhouette and Reflection. You'll find other nearby bars as well.

Bar waiters will bring you your soda or any other beverages. Sometimes they are very attentive and close by, other times not so much. You can decide if you want to wait for them to come by to take an order or go get your own at the bar.

So, Larry, are you saying that there IS a bar at the front of the buffet, Reflection and Silhouette included, and a bar in the aft on all S class EXCEPT Refl. and Sil.?

Or NO bar at all, front or aft of buffet on Ref. and Sil. Still trying to get it figured out in my mind.

(and I refuse to use the nickname Silly for the Silhouette. I just hate it! :))

I don't know if my source is accurate, this if from a review of Reflection on the internet. I have been scolded so much for citing my source of information, that I will have to just say I googled it. Hm, I guess saying that is ok. Maybe the more generic "I utilized my web browser's search engine."

At any rate, this particular cruise reviewer said, of her experience on Reflection:

Oceanview Cafe & Grill is the casual buffet restaurant with wide open serving stations that reduce lines. Servers are on hand to provide assistance with seating and drinks from either the beverage station or a full service bar located at the restaurant entrance

So, Larry, are you saying that there IS a bar at the front of the buffet, Reflection and Silhouette included, and a bar in the aft on all S class EXCEPT Refl. and Sil.?

Or NO bar at all, front or aft of buffet on Ref. and Sil. Still trying to get it figured out in my mind.

(and I refuse to use the nickname Silly for the Silhouette. I just hate it! :))

Yes - there is a bar at the front of the buffet on all S class ships just inside the port side entrance - at least all of the S class ship's I've been on. It is a full service bar with espresso service as well.

On the Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse there is also a bar at the outdoor aft seating area behind the buffet. This was eliminated on the Silhouette and Reflection although there is still the Sunset bar just above this area on all S class ships which is accessible via a staircase in the area.

All the M class ships have a bar at the aft area behind the buffet as well but they do not have a bar inside the buffet. But they do set up a beverage sales station in the pool area just forward of the buffet by the pool grill and they might have also had temporary beverage sales stations at peak times. I believe the Century had a bar at the aft area as well but it's been a while since we sailed on her.

Overall you'll find that Celebrity makes it fairly easy to purchase beverages. They're anxious to make those sales. And even if a waiter doesn't stop by on their own there is usually one you can flag down or go over and ask - but at peak breakfast and lunch times it is sometimes quicker to go to the bar and get your own.

Yes - there is a bar at the front of the buffet on all S class ships just inside the port side entrance - at least all of the S class ship's I've been on. It is a full service bar with espresso service as well.

On the Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse there is also a bar at the outdoor aft seating area behind the buffet. This was eliminated on the Silhouette and Reflection although there is still the Sunset bar just above this area on all S class ships which is accessible via a staircase in the area.

All the M class ships have a bar at the aft area behind the buffet as well but they do not have a bar inside the buffet. But they do set up a beverage sales station in the pool area just forward of the buffet by the pool grill and they might have also had temporary beverage sales stations at peak times. I believe the Century had a bar at the aft area as well but it's been a while since we sailed on her.

Overall you'll find that Celebrity makes it fairly easy to purchase beverages. They're anxious to make those sales. And even if a waiter doesn't stop by on their own there is usually one you can flag down or go over and ask - but at peak breakfast and lunch times it is sometimes quicker to go to the bar and get your own.

Thanks, Larry! I've been on Millie, Solstice and Reflection, and I tend to get mixed up about what was where on each ship. So many similarities, yet a few differences. I thought there HAD to be a bar somewhere at the buffet. Thanks for clarifying.

Archived