In Concierge Class, what is "priority seating in dining room"?

kands6191

When I read the description of the Concierge Class stateroom on Celebrity's website, it mentions dining room perks in two different spots. One says "priority seating in the MDR and specialty restaurants". Further down on that page it says, "main and specialty restaurant seating time preferences".

It the perk that you get a time preference when you make a reservation for the specialty restaurants, or when you choose early, late, or Select seating in the MDR? If we had Select seating and showed up when there was a wait for a table, would we go to the front of the line?

Or do you get a better seating location within the restaurants?

In general I would usually take your view. I do have to wonder though. When I booked I was told the only dining available was the late seating. This was just two weeks ago. I have always had the My Time dining when I cruise and I became concerned that I might miss a show if I had the late dining. I called my TA and asked if I could be put on a waiting list for Select dining. She emailed the next day that I was confirmed for Select dining. Was that because of Concierge Class, or did something just open up?

You'll probably never know. Maybe your TA has some pull with Celebrity, or knows the right person to ask. Maybe someone who had Select Dining simultaneously called up to ask to change to late seating. There are just too many unknowns, but since it worked out for you, you have good news.

We asked and were told from the head waiter that it means the best tables go to suites then CC, then balcony etc...such as we were in a suite and got a table for two assigned by a window...of course, I know people are going to say they were in an inside and sat with the captain...just passing the message on...

Probably none of the above. It is one of those perks that the Advertising Department think sounds good, but in the reality of the ships' operations, it means virtually nothing.

Agree, nobody can figure out what it means, get different stories from asking different people. The most logical explanation appears to be some type of priority on the computer. Tend to agree its just hype.

Thanks for your responses. That leads me to another question. If I wait to reserve the specialty restaurants until I am onboard, how likely is it that the best times will be booked up? Seems I won't get any preference so I'll reserve them in advance if necessary. I just like to wait until I get onboard to get a feel about when we want to do the specialty restaurants.

Thanks for your responses. That leads me to another question. If I wait to reserve the specialty restaurants until I am onboard, how likely is it that the best times will be booked up? Seems I won't get any preference so I'll reserve them in advance if necessary. I just like to wait until I get onboard to get a feel about when we want to do the specialty restaurants.

Another reason to book onboard is that there are often substantial discounts offered. We had our choice of times and picked our price! I realize this may not always be the case, but it's worth waiting to find out!

Archived