Cabin on Oosterdam

Gator83

Hi....I have a question about a cabin on the Oosterdam. And yes, I read Joanie's thread about the cabins but still want to ask because maybe some others have an opinion.

Thinking about booking a cruise this summer to Alaska. The only "good" K category cabin left (according to the Joanie thread) is K1116. I have it on hold. My other choice would be a different K or a J. All other Ks are up front but there are some Js in the back The Js are in the back. Neither J or K is perpendicular to the ship's length as was suggested. The only cat I available is under the pool and I won't do that again. Cabin K1116 is under the dining room but I think I am fine with that. I need to book this by tomorrow. Any thoughts or suggestions. Bumping up to an obstructed Oceanview is another $300 per person and I am unemployed (anyone need a Human Resources professional???) so I don't want to pay the extra money.

Thank you!

Nancy

I have had this cabin on Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam (booked it specific). I am not sure what your concerns are, but I would book it again. If you ahve seen Joanie's sticky, you have seen my pictures. EM

I have had this cabin on Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam (booked it specific). I am not sure what your concerns are, but I would book it again. If you ahve seen Joanie's sticky, you have seen my pictures. EM

Sounds like it will be an ok cabin. I just like being up a bit higher on a ship but if this particular cabin is better than the one's that are higher up then I am ok with it. Part of it is that I really want a veranda but don't want to pay for it....LOL.

Actually K1116 is a very good location, the cabin size is 194 sq ft so is actually going to be larger than if you went to the HH Obstructed Ocean View. You are actually better with the location over going to a Obstructed Ocean View especially if you would want to be offered an Up sell, The Interior cabins in the higher end like J and K get offered balcony up Sells more often than the HH.

Archived