25 & 28 yr. olds on Summit...will they be bored

burger40

Thinking about booking Summit 6/30 or in July and concerned about my sons having other singles their ages to hang out with in the club at night and on ship in general. They have sailed numerous times on RCCL, Princess and Carnival and always managed to make friends and meet others. Will this be a problem on Celebrity since they have a reputation of catering to a more mature/sedate crowd?

Thinking about booking Summit 6/30 or in July and concerned about my sons having other singles their ages to hang out with in the club at night and on ship in general. They have sailed numerous times on RCCL, Princess and Carnival and always managed to make friends and meet others. Will this be a problem on Celebrity since they have a reputation of catering to a more mature/sedate crowd?

I just got off the summit with my two kids ages 19 & 20. I'd say more than half of the ship's population was over age 60. There were some young men and women, and a lot of honeymooners, on the ship. My kids wound up hanging with us most of the time. We did see an ad daily for a mixer for singles ages 18 to 30 but they had no interest in checking it out so I have no idea how many (if anyone) showed up. That being said, my kids had a great time and said they'd go back and recommend to others.

It is summer, so now is the best chance of seeing "college aged" kids mostly traveling with extended family. They are both a little older than college aged kids, but they probably wold get along with that demographic.

They will probably also meet couples in their age group and from what see couples and singles in the same age group seem to hang out at the pool.

So there won't be tons...but they probably will find some people there own age or a little younger.

At their ages, why not let them do the research and make the decision as to whether Celebrity will be a good fit for them? It is very considerate of you to be concerned for them.

25 and 28? They probably will just want to chill out and relax from their jobs And will find plenty of people their age, or slightly older or younger. If they are board, it will be their problem!
If they're board, I suppose that you should make them walk the plank! :D

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Unless someone is totally passive about being entertained, almost any cruise can be fun. Games, good conversation, sea air...how can you miss?

In my 30's, I also rediscovered the pleasures of napping, and wondered why I resisted the pleasure so much at age four! :rolleyes:

Andrew

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

25 & 28 yr. olds ...will they be bored?

Is this for real?

If they were 5 and 8 then clearly there is a valid question to be asked but 25 and 28!

Surely they consider themselves to be full grown at that age.

I have been going on Celebrity cruises since I was about 20 and I am now 32. I have never been bored. It is all what you make of it. That being said, some cruise have been more sedate than others and it frequently depends on the time of year and where we are traveling to. The most sedate was to Alaska. However, the craziest cruise I ever went on was a Celebrity cruise over winter break where I stayed out til about 5am every night (morning?) - I was 25 (I think). After that is another Celebrity cruise I went on when I was 22 with my parents and best friend - those stories definitely haunted her when she got married.

I am certain that your boys will have a great time. If nothing else, they will be away from work for a week and they can always have a bucket of beers nearby.

Archived