Can you bring a fan?

BrueDragon

Go ahead and try it.

Sometimes they won't get through, but if they do then you have it. It not let through, they will return it to you at the end of the cruise.

The big problem is with appliances that heat up unless they have a safety cut off. Irons and steamers are problems...some hair dryers/curlers/irons can be, too.

I was wondering if you can bring a fan on board? I can't sleep without a fan, I need it for the noise and for the air circulation

I have the same issue and brought one on the Pearl. A small metal desk fan and an extension cord as the closest outlets were on the opposite wall.

We have cruised with small travel fans for years. They are a godsend in cabins that have poor a/c or very poor air movement.

Get the ones that have a mount that can clip on to things

I have a 12 inch desk fan that works wonders for me, I hope that I can manage to stuff that in my suitcase ;)

Edited by BrueDragon

I too need a fan to sleep! I'm glad I am not the only one!

I have taken a small fan on all my cruises. I just bought a Vornado Flippi fan from Target. It flips down really small so it's much easier to pack than my other mini fan that has a bulky base. Overall the fan is pretty nice, it's enough noise to make me happy, it could be louder, but it gets the job done.

Happy fan travels!

We always travelled with fans too, until we found we could download white noise on our phones! We sampled different sounds until we found the fan sound we liked, and made a 12 hour playlist (called "zzzzz"!) of repeating tracks of this white noise. The best part is that the volume can be adjusted up or down. Loud surroundings = higher volume, so easy. We plug in our phones to charge every night anyway, so we got a iHome iHM61 speaker for less than $20 and it works perfectly. Takes up almost no room.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We take a white noise machine/clock combination and a fan. The fan is one of those Wal Mart battery operated jobs. I initially bought it for tent camping on motorcycle trips. Works nice for a little breeze next to the cabin bed also. My iPhone has a good white noise app also that I sometimes use instead.

We have never had a problem bringing a fan onboard and have done so on several different lines including NCL. If flying, we generally purchase them at our embarkation port and leave the fan for future guests. We have also requested a fan from our room steward and have had one delivered most recently on Gem. It is on of those items that aren't always available so if you can, best to bring your own.

My wife brings a travel fan. No problem on six cruises. On one (I think the Dawn out of Miami), our suitcase was flagged and the fan was confiscated at the Naughty Room. We were in a suite and the concierge was able to get it back for us.

We always travelled with fans too, until we found we could download white noise on our phones! We sampled different sounds until we found the fan sound we liked, and made a 12 hour playlist (called "zzzzz"!) of repeating tracks of this white noise. The best part is that the volume can be adjusted up or down. Loud surroundings = higher volume, so easy. We plug in our phones to charge every night anyway, so we got a iHome iHM61 speaker for less than $20 and it works perfectly. Takes up almost no room.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Oohh... I've been looking for something like that but could never find a fan noise I liked. What do you use? Can you tell the fan noise is a repeating track? I need consistent noise otherwise I will wake up.

Thanks!

I cant remember the exact name and I'm not home...but if you search for white noise (most of them are named things like "Baby Sleep", etc.) you can listen for the kind of sound you like...its crazy how many types of white noise there are once you start listening! The track we found fades out slightly at the end but never actually stops, so it doesn't wake us up at all and I am a very light sleeper. If I can get the name of the track we used I will post.

I cant remember the exact name and I'm not home...but if you search for white noise (most of them are named things like "Baby Sleep", etc.) you can listen for the kind of sound you like...its crazy how many types of white noise there are once you start listening! The track we found fades out slightly at the end but never actually stops, so it doesn't wake us up at all and I am a very light sleeper. If I can get the name of the track we used I will post.

Awesome! If you can find the name of the track that would be great, if not, no worries. To the App store I go! :D

Your I pad or I phone has an app for white noise for free, I use "sleep..elite.

It works as well as a fan or sound machine, and its one less thing to

Pack! Just leave on airplane mode, so that u don't get charged for phone or Internet.