Can you bring a fan?

BrueDragon

I have the same issue and brought one on the Pearl. A small metal desk fan and an extension cord as the closest outlets were on the opposite wall.

If all you need is the SOUND of the fan and it doesn't have to be a big fan, I suggest using a USB one plugged into your laptop. They never look twice at my USB accessories. OR use a white sound generator on your laptop, Nook, Kindle...whatever you carry. I own a couple of those, and they are great for sleeping noise. :D

If you need the rush of moving air and/or the sound of the large fan (not just white noise), obviously this won't work. Just trying to give suggestions that definitely won't get confiscated at the pier.

DML

I have White Noise Lite on my android smartphone. It is available from the Google Play store for free. It has a fan noise, beach waves, crickets, white noise, rain, wind chimes, and several other choices. It also fades in your alarm clock sound for waking you gently, and will display a digital clock (also has a dimmer). You might want to give it a try.

I always travel with a portable fan too. You can search for O2 Cool online, and Wally World carries them too. This brand has a flat fan that packs nicely in between layers of clothes in my suitcase.

Edited by winddawn

Awesome! If you can find the name of the track that would be great, if not, no worries. To the App store I go! :D

I use the White Noise app by TM Soft on my iPhone for noise when I travel (a lot!). The tracks are : Extreme Rain Pouring (my favorite!), Beach Waves Crashing, Thunder Storm, Crickets Chirping, Grandfather Clock, Chimes, Oscillating Fan, Airplane Travel and White Noise. Hope this helps!

Edited to add: I just noticed that the poster above me just gave you the same answer. Sorry! :) But this app is free for iPhone as well.

Edited by rwandmw
almost dual post

I use the White Noise app by TM Soft on my iPhone for noise when I travel (a lot!). The tracks are : Extreme Rain Pouring (my favorite!), Beach Waves Crashing, Thunder Storm, Crickets Chirping, Grandfather Clock, Chimes, Oscillating Fan, Airplane Travel and White Noise. Hope this helps!

Edited to add: I just noticed that the poster above me just gave you the same answer. Sorry! :) But this app is free for iPhone as well.

I have an iPhone so this is very helpful! Thank you so much :D

• 5 years later...
On 6/12/2013 at 9:07 PM, roger001 said:

We take a white noise machine/clock combination and a fan. The fan is one of those Wal Mart battery operated jobs. I initially bought it for tent camping on motorcycle trips. Works nice for a little breeze next to the cabin bed also. My iPhone has a good white noise app also that I sometimes use instead.

I like the noise machine/clock idea.  I don't wear a watch so this would solve some problems for me.

For a small fan, we're big fans, figuratively, of this little guy.   However, at the moment it seems to only be available direct from the company.  Amazon used to have them, but not now.  I just ordered some extras for stocking stuffers.  

https://opolar.com/collections/fan-1/products/opolar-handheld-fan-with-5200ma-power-bank