new to HAL

back2tampa

We have cruised many times, always with carnival. From the big ships to the smallest one. We are ready to try something different.How do you think carnival compares to HAL? Does HAL have all the silly belly flop and hair chest games? I think we are out growing them. What is the average age on HAL? We are early 40"s with a 16yr old. Do you think we would enjoy it?

You won't find many hairy chest or belly flop contests on HAL ships. :D

HAL is less of a 'party hearty' cruise line but fret not, there's still lots of fun. :)

Coming from Carnival to HAL, you might like to try either a Signature Class or Vista class ship. They are larger, more lounges, maybe a good transtion for you.

We have cruised many times, always with carnival. From the big ships to the smallest one. We are ready to try something different. ... I think we are out growing them. What is the average age on HAL? We are early 40"s with a 16yr old. Do you think we would enjoy it?

You, very well, could be "outgrowing them". Having been on both, I think you will find HAL to be quieter and more elegant. There are still many happy ways to spend your time. And your 16yr old will not be alone or bored.

I would agree with sail, that your first HAL experience will be better on one of the larger ships. (Signature or Vista class):)

Cheers!

HAL and Carnival have many things in common but HAL is a little more mature. On each of our Carnival cruises there were people going up and down the halls, making noise all hours of the day and night but on HAL it was quiet after 10pm. We have a child and on Carnival ships there are generally 100s of kids but when we sailed on HAL there was not nearly as many children but there was enough for our child to make friends and have a great time.

I agree about sailing on one of the Signature or Vista class ships which are:

Vista class -- Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, Noordam

Signature class -- Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

If you sail during the holidays, you will find a lot more children on HAL ships. Also more children on Alaskan cruises.

Archived