Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

That is great they have a ledge for shaving legs YAHOO. simple things make a girl happy. I am looking forward to the new beds, never had a problem with the old beds but a new bed should be even better. Also looking forward to being away with my hubby. Ports don't matter just want to experience the new ship and relax. By November 10 should be lots of positive things to say I am sure

I may see you in passing we go the next week!!

I have been trying to keep lists of the positives everyone has posted. A few of these may be duplicates. This is a pretty strong list!! Lets' keep the comments coming and I'll continue to track what everyone is saying.

Dave if you are lurking you may have to tell me how I can respond to multiple quotes on one post instead of doing them all individually!! hint, hint;)

1. Dining Options

2. Retreat Pool

3. Curtain in the Mini Suites

4. The New Design

5. Piazza

6. Horizon Court Options

7. Shampoo and Conditioner installed in showers

8. More tables for 2 in MDR

9. Gelato

10. Beautiful MDR

11. Piazza gives a WOW factor

12. Sea Walk Bar for 5pm cocktails

13. People watching in the Piazza

14. Hand held shower thingy

15. Bellini Bar

16. New things in Horizon Court.

17. TRX Classes in the gym

18. jogging track and outside training stations set up.

19. Couch and flat screen TV in Deluxe Balcony room

20. Expanded Alfredo's

21. Washstand at Horizon Court entrance

22. More places to people watch

23. More seating at MUTS24. Interesting areas on Promenade Deck

24. Whole "new" ship experience

25.The new ship smell

26. design & finish

27. Seeing old friends and meeting new one's

28. Exploring new places

29. International Cafe

30. Retreat Pool

31. Seaview Bar

32. Pastry Shoppe

33. Crown Grill

34. Vines

35. Crooner's

36. Fettuccinni Alfredo

37. Overall Princess Experience

38. Cruising with BFF's

39. Piazza

40. Mini Suite for 2 unrelated people

41. Walking extra steps to the forward elevators to bun calories.

42. Sea Walk during the day and at night. Blue glow at night.

43. Up to # 7 for the shelf in the shower (we may have to start a traveling circus after we have all sailed and received our "Royal" training!!)

44. A withdrawal cure from Everything Royal.

45. Champagne Waterfall

46. Atrium hanging out people watching.

47. Yet another lover of the shower ledge ( we are all easily excited or pleased one)

48. Comfiest Beds ever on a cruise ship

49. Updated Vista Lounge

50. Great Picture and sound quality on MUTS

51. Horizon Court/ Outrigger Sofas

52. Retreat Pool Cabanas

53. New Massive TV's with movies and shows on demand

54. Patter and stateroom acct visible via ipad/mobile

55. Funky chairs outside Princess Live!

56. Cruise card used at laundry instead of change

57. Apple Pie at Alfredo's

58. Choreographed fountains

59. First ever brand new ship

60. Making Limoncello instead of Lemonade (love this one!!)

61. Many will sail The Royal which will mean less crowds on Grand Class Ships

62. Aft couches on Lido, great to watch the wake and relax

I have been trying to keep lists of the positives everyone has posted. A few of these may be duplicates. This is a pretty strong list!! Lets' keep the comments coming and I'll continue to track what everyone is saying.

Dave if you are lurking you may have to tell me how I can respond to multiple quotes on one post instead of doing them all individually!! hint, hint;)

1. Dining Options

2. Retreat Pool

3. Curtain in the Mini Suites

4. The New Design

5. Piazza

6. Horizon Court Options

7. Shampoo and Conditioner installed in showers

8. More tables for 2 in MDR

9. Gelato

10. Beautiful MDR

11. Piazza gives a WOW factor

12. Sea Walk Bar for 5pm cocktails

13. People watching in the Piazza

14. Hand held shower thingy

15. Bellini Bar

16. New things in Horizon Court.

17. TRX Classes in the gym

18. jogging track and outside training stations set up.

19. Couch and flat screen TV in Deluxe Balcony room

20. Expanded Alfredo's

21. Washstand at Horizon Court entrance

22. More places to people watch

23. More seating at MUTS24. Interesting areas on Promenade Deck

24. Whole "new" ship experience

25.The new ship smell

26. design & finish

27. Seeing old friends and meeting new one's

28. Exploring new places

29. International Cafe

30. Retreat Pool

31. Seaview Bar

32. Pastry Shoppe

33. Crown Grill

34. Vines

35. Crooner's

36. Fettuccinni Alfredo

37. Overall Princess Experience

38. Cruising with BFF's

39. Piazza

40. Mini Suite for 2 unrelated people

41. Walking extra steps to the forward elevators to bun calories.

42. Sea Walk during the day and at night. Blue glow at night.

43. Up to # 7 for the shelf in the shower (we may have to start a traveling circus after we have all sailed and received our "Royal" training!!)

44. A withdrawal cure from Everything Royal.

45. Champagne Waterfall

46. Atrium hanging out people watching.

47. Yet another lover of the shower ledge ( we are all easily excited or pleased one)

48. Comfiest Beds ever on a cruise ship

49. Updated Vista Lounge

50. Great Picture and sound quality on MUTS

51. Horizon Court/ Outrigger Sofas

52. Retreat Pool Cabanas

53. New Massive TV's with movies and shows on demand

54. Patter and stateroom acct visible via ipad/mobile

55. Funky chairs outside Princess Live!

56. Cruise card used at laundry instead of change

57. Apple Pie at Alfredo's

58. Choreographed fountains

59. First ever brand new ship

60. Making Limoncello instead of Lemonade (love this one!!)

62. Aft couches on Lido, great to watch the wake and relax

Take that you naysayers:D:D;):D:D

From your list I'd have to say there's much to look forward to. I just for booked Dec 8, and I can't wait! I look at some of the things that are deal-breakers for some folks, and I scratch my head! To each his own I guess. Royal seems to have something magical about her or maybe I envision all too well how relaxing my time on her will be. Whichever way it goes once i'm on board, as long as there's good food, good service, lots of sunshine and the ocean, I'm sure to have a blast!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Kay you certainly have a way of making a positive out of a negative. Make sure you keep the ship going smoothly as I will be on the 11/17 sailing!!LOL

Interesting - people kept saying the same thing when I was going through my cancer treatment a few years ago. Guess I'm just a Pollyanna person. :)

Thank you for the comment, and I promise we will take very good care of the ship!!

Quite the list Gracie, I'm also looking forward to using the new gym facilities, especially the interactive cardio equipment where you can race the computer in a simulated race against others. :D Although after a few days of eating at all the new eateries, I'll probably lose.:(:p

Thanks for compiling this Gracie - what a great list, although #61 was the one that gave me the biggest chuckle.

Also - I don't if Dave is lurking (hope so), but this has worked for me for multiple quotes:

Open two screens - both on the same thread

On the first screen, find the find the first post to which you want to reply

Click on Reply to open a Reply box, but don't type anything

Then go to the thread on the second screen and find the second post to which you want to reply

Click on Reply to open a Reply box

Copy the entire quote, including the information in the [brackets] at the beginning and end of the quote

Go back to the first screen and paste the second quote in the already open Reply box

Then return to the thread again on the second screen and find the third post to which you want to reply

Click on Reply to open a Reply box

Copy the entire quote, including the information in the [brackets]

Go back to the first screen and paste the third quote in the already open Reply box

Continue for as many posts as you want to respond to at once. If there are photos in the post, they can be deleted if not needed (and this saves space).

Once you've opened, copied and pasted all the posts into the first screen, you can add your comments above/below each post. (It took me a while to catch on to the spacing - I just used Preview Post a lot.)

There have been times I have edited slightly to shorten the original posts (hope that does not upset people).

All this can be done with only one screen open, but it seems to involve a lot more back and forth copying and pasting to build up "layers" of posts.

Hope you can follow my logic and this works for you.

Dave - if you have a more streamlined approach, I'd like to know it also!!

Gracie - What you are starting with this thread is great. I'm sorry we won't be on the same sailing in November, as I'd enjoy meeting you. I believe you, however, will get to meet BrooklynRussians!!

Kay

We will be on the Royal on Sunday and we can't wait!! We are looking forward to all the things on your list and more. Just to be able to cruise on this lovely ship and experience all the new things on the her and some of the familiar things we enjoyed on other Princess ships is going to be fantastic. We have never had a "bad" cruise ... it is what you make it. We are going to enjoy every minute. Take heart everyone... As they say "Positive attracts positive."

Edited by Fred & Ethel

From your list I'd have to say there's much to look forward to. I just for booked Dec 8, and I can't wait! I look at some of the things that are deal-breakers for some folks, and I scratch my head! To each his own I guess. Royal seems to have something magical about her or maybe I envision all too well how relaxing my time on her will be. Whichever way it goes once i'm on board, as long as there's good food, good service, lots of sunshine and the ocean, I'm sure to have a blast!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Goldenfox join our roll call for Dec 8 at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1627412

:)

We will be on the Royal on Sunday and we can't wait!! We are looking forward to all the things on your list and more. Just to be able to cruise on this lovely ship and experience all the new things on the her and some of the familiar things we enjoyed on other Princess ships is going to be fantastic. We have never had a "bad" cruise ... it is what you make it. We are going to enjoy every minute. Take heart everyone... As they say "Positive attracts positive."

Have a wonderful cruise on this wonderful ship. Please report back to us and photos if possible! Bon Voyage.:D

Dave - if you have a more streamlined approach' date=' I'd like to know it also!!

[/quote']

Not Dave, but next to the big blue "Quote" button is a button that looks like a quotation mark with a small + next to it. While you are reading through the thread, hit that button if there is something you want to respond to...keep doing that, then when you hit reply all of those posts will appear in the reply window. Hope that makes sense.

Oh my gosh - Thank You, Thank you, Thank you. Three clicks and I'm typing a reply. So much faster/easier than the clumsy way I was doing it. CC people are the best!

Gracie - I hope you read this far before you attempt a multiple-quote posting. Unfortunately, I don't think I can delete my earlier post.:(

Kay

Not Dave, but next to the big blue "Quote" button is a button that looks like a quotation mark with a small + next to it. While you are reading through the thread, hit that button if there is something you want to respond to...keep doing that, then when you hit reply all of those posts will appear in the reply window. Hope that makes sense.

Edited by S'villeGals

Hi :) DH & I are booked on Regal in Oct 2014. Since the Royal & Regal are sister ships they will be exactly the same.

Here is what I'm looking forward to:

* The pumps for shampoo & body wash

* Hand held shower head!!!!! :D

* Sofas by Outriggers and the fact that they are covered!

* New Décor. We like Princess but after a while the ships all look the same.

* Bellini's

* Alfredo's. This is new to me. Haven't been on a ship that has it.

* New Horizon Court

* Awesome news about being able to use your room key to get tokens to do your laundry!! Now we don't have to pack rolls of quarters. (We are taking a 17 day TA - will NEED to do laundry;))

Thanks Gracie for starting this thread. We are sailing in March on the Royal. I am really looking forward to sailing on a new ship. I know that even though I have been viewing pictures of her since she was started, that I am going to be even more in awe of her when I sail. Yes, there are going to be some things that I will miss that are on some of Princess's other ships (like the pool in the aft), but I know that I will find new places to relax at that are just as good if not better. I am looking forward to the new beds, the new TV's, the retreat, Bellini's, the Skywalk and the Seaview Bar, the expanded IC , MUTS, and the fountains and more. We just booked a Deluxe balcony room and I am looking forward to it. New Ship, new experiences!

I know lots of people were complaining about no promenade deck to walk around but for those of us who like the promenade deck to relax and read I found this picture! :D

DSC_0478.JPG

I also found the picture of the wash basin

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-do0zzBJWM7g/Ubi6k8sah7I/AAAAAAAAWp4/pkP4OKc2kNY/s640/DSC_0329.JPG

Both pictures are from Sharon Poole

https://picasaweb.google.com/114801993219771801790/RoyalPrincessCruise#5888661656717395890

Edited by chamima

I am looking forward to my first view of the Piazza when I board the ship. Will be an awesome experience. No matter how many times I cruise, the newness is still there. With the new Royal, I feel the excitement brewing just waiting for my turn in October!

Thanks for starting this positive thread. A new ship, a new day, a new dawn! Life doesn't get much better! :p