Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

Royal392_zps8a524bc4.jpg

I think I have found the thing that will top even the shaving ledge as the MOST liked thing on the Royal.

SwissDave just got off the ship and posted some great photos. (He's on Shogun's "Live From" thread) but amongst them I found this one of the coffee machines outside of the Horizon Court. He posted the photo to show that the decaf and regular beans had been put in the wrong dispenser but what I caught was beans, not syrup, but actual coffee beans!!!!!

:D ....... :D ......... :D

Teak lounge chairs aplenty on the aft promenade deck.

Table and chairs on the med ship promenade deck.

Padded headboards in all cabins, no more hitting your head on the wooden frame when reading in bed.

Princess @ Sea intranet to view Princess patters no matter where you are on the ship and the new art/architecture tour.

You just keep finding new things!!LOL Tell me again when your sail date is? Will we almost cruise together again?

Edited by gracie65

Royal392_zps8a524bc4.jpg

I think I have found the thing that will top even the shaving ledge as the MOST liked thing on the Royal.

SwissDave just got off the ship and posted some great photos. (He's on Shogun's "Live From" thread) but amongst them I found this one of the coffee machines outside of the Horizon Court. He posted the photo to show that the decaf and regular beans had been put in the wrong dispenser but what I caught was beans, not syrup, but actual coffee beans!!!!!

Karen, I don't drink coffee so the shower ledge is still on top for me!!LOL

NOW this is a super-duper positive!:D:D

How about Feb. 23?

Karen that would be great too, but the date is really dependent on our friends and they seem to like the end of January. Now we have a condo in Fort Lauderdale, so if we're still down there it would be cool to do a Bon Voyage Experience then!;)

How about Feb. 23?

Karen that would be great too, but the date is really dependent on our friends and they seem to like the end of January. Now we have a condo in Fort Lauderdale, so if we're still down there it would be cool to do a Bon Voyage Experience then!;)

How do you like the way I can multi quote now!! Karen it might be dangerous for the three of us on a ship together. I have a feeling we would be totally silly and out of control at the least little thing like a shower ledge thingy!!LOl

We usually go that same time too Toronto. I remember comparing the rates for SuperBowl week and the week before and after they were quite a bit more then the 11/17 sailing.

83. New refrigerator magnet (for Dave)

I'll probably pick up a couple of different key chains, shot glasses, t-shirts, post cards, and other assorted Royal Princess souvenirs as well. :D

And the one picture I'll definitely buy is the Embarkation photo of me with the 'Welcome Aboard Royal Princess' backdrop. And maybe one of the pier pictures in Saint Martin with Royal Princess in the background. And one of me in a suit now that I've lost almost 40 pounds. Although the suit may not fit me anymore! ;)

How do you like the way I can multi quote now!! Karen it might be dangerous for the three of us on a ship together. I have a feeling we would be totally silly and out of control at the least little thing like a shower ledge thingy!!LOl

We usually go that same time too Toronto. I remember comparing the rates for SuperBowl week and the week before and after they were quite a bit more then the 11/17 sailing.

Yes we might scare the other passengers and our travelling companions with our excitement!:eek::p

I'll probably pick up a couple of different key chains, shot glasses, t-shirts, post cards, and other assorted Royal Princess souvenirs as well. :D

And the one picture I'll definitely buy is the Embarkation photo of me with the 'Welcome Aboard Royal Princess' backdrop. And maybe one of the pier pictures in Saint Martin with Royal Princess in the background. And one of me in a suit now that I've lost almost 40 pounds. Although the suit may not fit me anymore! ;)

Dave, I think you'll need to purchase a new suit, 40 lbs, wow, good for you!!!:D

Dave, I think you'll need to purchase a new suit, 40 lbs, wow, good for you!!!:D

THANKS Benny! I'm sure I'll gain some of it back while on Royal Princess. I'll need to make regular use of the Fitness Center too just to keep ahead of the game. ;) As for the suit, I may look into renting a tuxedo for the first week only, then use the alternative dining venues on the second week.

THANKS Benny! I'm sure I'll gain some of it back while on Royal Princess. I'll need to make regular use of the Fitness Center too just to keep ahead of the game. ;) As for the suit, I may look into renting a tuxedo for the first week only, then use the alternative dining venues on the second week.

That's smart to just rent the tux.

I'm also looking forward to seeing new acts in the new Piazza. :)

I'm not as seasoned as most here but I will enjoy stopping in the middle of a hall and wondering where the heck I am? The new layout is a welcome change.

The new "iPatter" will be nice - even though it'll be on my Kindle Fire.

Oh and Nov 24th will be my last cruise as Platinum. So I will enjoy the new laundry facilities. :rolleyes:

1 negative that will hopefully turn out positive: deck 7. Not being able to walk around the whole ship! Hopefully the angry power walkers will be up several floors while I'm enjoying a view with my coffee.

Positives only: Looks like a better buffet. It's beautiful--the interior design team did well. It's new and fresh. I think the sea walk, which has mixed reviews, looks like fun. The "Live" concept is nice. Like the water fountains.

I still haven't decided if the positives outweigh the negatives, for me. If the price was right I would book her. In a forward, or aft cabin. And more likely for a port intensive European cruise or a crossing where it's cold. The Caribbean---it would have to be dirt cheap due to limited outdoor space and the fact that most people are outside on those cruises. I anticipate heated chair hog fights, but we will see--maybe with such a pretty atrium more people will hang out there. Time will tell.

Hi,

I recently cruised aboard the Royal Princess during the ship's seven-day inaugural cruise from June 16 to 23. I enjoyed the ship and have plenty of positive comments:

-Beautiful interiors--Particularly the Piazza (I think it is gorgeous)

-Horizon Court--Very well-designed and attractive

-Pastry Shop in the Horizon Court

-Fountain show

-Seawalk--I think this is cool

-Alfredo's--Nice design and excellent pizza

-Photos taken by passengers displayed throughout the ship

-Nice variety of entertainment

-Well-organized shore excursion staff--We took Princess shore excursions in each of the four ports

-Nice variety of logo items in the shop

-Very friendly crew

I liked the ship and certainly would sail aboard it again. As proof that I enjoyed the ship, I am booked on the seven-day inaugural cruise of the Regal Princess in June 2014.

Chuck

Edited by seacruise9

Hi,

I recently cruised aboard the Royal Princess during the ship's seven-day inaugural cruise from June 16 to 23. I enjoyed the ship and have plenty of positive comments:

-Fountain show

-Well-organized shore excursion staff--We took Princess shore excursions in each of the four ports

-Very friendly crew

I liked the ship and certainly would sail aboard it again. As proof that I enjoyed the ship, I am booked on the seven-day inaugural cruise of the Regal Princess in June 2014.

Chuck

Chuck, I am POSITIVE I will feel the same way you do come October.:D:D

Hi,

-Fountain show

-Very friendly crew

Chuck

Thank you for your review.:D

1. Dining Options

2. Retreat Pool

3. Curtain in the Mini Suites

4. The New Design

5. Piazza

6. Horizon Court Options

7. Shampoo and Conditioner installed in showers

8. More tables for 2 in MDR

9. Gelato

10. Beautiful MDR

11. Piazza gives a WOW factor

12. Sea Walk Bar for 5pm cocktails

13. People watching in the Piazza

14. Hand held shower thingy

15. Bellini Bar

16. New things in Horizon Court.

17. TRX Classes in the gym

18. jogging track and outside training stations set up.

19. Couch and flat screen TV in Deluxe Balcony room

20. Expanded Alfredo's

21. Washstand at Horizon Court entrance

22. More places to people watch

23. More seating at MUTS24. Interesting areas on Promenade Deck

24. Whole "new" ship experience

25.The new ship smell

26. design & finish

27. Seeing old friends and meeting new one's

28. Exploring new places

29. International Cafe

30. Retreat Pool

31. Seaview Bar

32. Pastry Shoppe

33. Crown Grill

34. Vines

35. Crooner's

36. Fettuccinni Alfredo

37. Overall Princess Experience

38. Cruising with BFF's

39. Piazza

40. Mini Suite for 2 unrelated people

41. Walking extra steps to the forward elevators to bun calories.

42. Sea Walk during the day and at night. Blue glow at night.

43. Up to # 7 for the shelf in the shower (we may have to start a traveling circus after we have all sailed and received our "Royal" training!!)

44. A withdrawal cure from Everything Royal.

45. Champagne Waterfall

46. Atrium hanging out people watching.

47. Yet another lover of the shower ledge ( we are all easily excited or pleased one)

48. Comfiest Beds ever on a cruise ship

49. Updated Vista Lounge

50. Great Picture and sound quality on MUTS

51. Horizon Court/ Outrigger Sofas

52. Retreat Pool Cabanas

53. New Massive TV's with movies and shows on demand

54. Patter and stateroom acct visible via ipad/mobile

55. Funky chairs outside Princess Live!

56. Cruise card used at laundry instead of change

57. Apple Pie at Alfredo's

58. Choreographed fountains

59. First ever brand new ship

60. Making Limoncello instead of Lemonade (love this one!!)

61. Many will sail The Royal which will mean less crowds on Grand Class Ships

62. Aft couches on Lido, great to watch the wake and relax

63. Wine Makers Dinner

64. New menu options at Trident Grill

65. Fondue's and The Crab Shack

66. Laser Shooting Range

67. Ping Pong

68. Looking at the funnel wings from Center Court

69. Cuban Sandwiches at IC

70. Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar

71. Jacuzzi at the Retreat Pool especially on a port day

72. Discovering a brand new ship

73. Searching deck by deck for all Memories at Sea Winners.

74. Art & Architecture mobile tour

75. The Intranet

76. Burritos, chips and salsa at Outrigger Bar

77. Flight's and Bites in Vines

78. Four brand new shows in Princess Theater

79. Piano music at Crooner's

80. No smoking in most inside interiors

81. Relaxing in Wheelhouse Bar

82. Celebrations for new treats

83. New refrigerator magnet (for Dave)

84. Mini Suite Curtains

85. Padded Head board (first time I have seen this one love it too!!)

86. Bigger shower

87. Larger soap dish in shower

88. Wide promenade with lounges and tables

89. Aft seating at Horizon

90. Bigger /better seating at Horizon

91. Fondues (me too)

92. More automatic doors

93. Well organized shore excursion staff

94. Variety of Logo items

95. Friendly crew