Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

Hi there

It was not working for android and only a little for apple stuff on maiden but the idea appeared good they were working on it so could be OK by now

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Sunsetbeachgirl, I totally enjoyed your thread about the Royal, so I thank you. For those that don't like the Royal, I wish they would GO AWAY. Especially those that have not been on the ship. I will be on the Royal TA in less then 2 months and can't wait.

Dave your pics of the menus made me hungry. Guess I better eat lunch now.

I don't know if you have seen these already, but here are the menu's for the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar, as well as Bellini's, the Crab Shack, and Fondues:

(Credit all pictures Jo Rigby)

No I had not. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing!

No, I did not use it..I am a creature of habit and love the Patter...oh, I just remembered that Son in Law used it on his IPHONE and thought it was very helpful...he referenced it quite frequently

Did you or did you hear of anyone who did The Winemaker's Dinner? Was just reading it about it as someone started a thread. Possible meats were veal and lamb. I eat meat but can't those. Just wondered if you had heard of any other meats offered?

I will be back up your way tonight. A man was going across the pier last night and called down to me about pictures for his family that would all be there tonight. Had to do soem juggling but got it worked out.

Sunsetbeachgirl, I totally enjoyed your thread about the Royal, so I thank you. For those that don't like the Royal, I wish they would GO AWAY. Especially those that have not been on the ship. I will be on the Royal TA in less then 2 months and can't wait.

Dave your pics of the menus made me hungry. Guess I better eat lunch now.

Hi Bernadette and Eric,

Thanks for your kind words..lucky you on the TA!! I don't think the people above will go away, but hopefully they will stay away from threads like these. Let me know if you have any questions about the shp.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

LOL yes, Benny don't you remember I already asked you and we realized "we almost cruised together"!! Had our sailing not been delayed we probably would have passed each other in the parking lot!!

We have got to plan better next time. I think I would have loads of fun with you!!

OMG, I am losing it aren't I. Now that you mention it I recall that you told me all of this before. LOL. I need a cruise sooner than I have one booked. :p

• 1 month later...

We are with you! We have been on many cruises but never on a ship this big, new and exciting. Having done the Baltic, Alaska, Hawaii, the Mediterranean, the Greek Isles and a trans-Atlantic, and not being into really exotic places, the ship is what it is all about for us!

We love Princess and expect nothing less than Royal treatment!

Just the fact that it is a new design is exciting. Can't wait to see the ship.

We are with you! We have been on many cruises but never on a ship this big, new and exciting. Having done the Baltic, Alaska, Hawaii, the Mediterranean, the Greek Isles and a trans-Atlantic, and not being into really exotic places, the ship is what it is all about for us!

We love Princess and expect nothing less than Royal treatment!

Same here! And I'm pretty excited to be printing out my Boarding Passes and Luggage Tags NEXT WEEK!!! Yippee!!! :D:D:D

We are looking forward to sailing with gracie65 and the group on Nov. 17. We just got a cabin assignment to Aloha 603 Midships (from guaranteed/reserved on Emerald) so I'm anxious to see if I can see the Seawalk from our balcony. I've looked at most of the photos posted on this thread so am getting a better idea about the ship. The positive experience will be boarding her and hearing the tropical music and seeing the atrium for the first time. This the largest ship we've been on now, after starting with the Sun and progressing up. We are excited about being on this brand new ship!

Lynne

We are looking forward to sailing with gracie65 and the group on Nov. 17. We just got a cabin assignment to Aloha 603 Midships (from guaranteed/reserved on Emerald) so I'm anxious to see if I can see the Seawalk from our balcony. I've looked at most of the photos posted on this thread so am getting a better idea about the ship. The positive experience will be boarding her and hearing the tropical music and seeing the atrium for the first time. This the largest ship we've been on now, after starting with the Sun and progressing up. We are excited about being on this brand new ship!

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

Congrats on the cabin assignment! You'll still be able to see SeaWalk from your balcony but you will also be far enough back that it won't post a real privacy issue. Here is an arrow to your cabin.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7288/9737445519_8c6ab3e7d2_k.jpg

I do hope you will take the time to write a review and give us your impressions of Royal Princess after you get back. I'll be within a week of embarkation and will be beside myself with excitement.

P.S. Just got my emailed standardized Welcome Aboard 'letter' today from Captain Dino Sagani (yes, everyone gets one but this had MY name on it, lol :D) and that just heightened the anticipation.

78 Days and Counting and still looking forward to Royal Princess!!! :D:D:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

Enjoy the cruise Dave, you deserve it after all your hard work-thanks again for all the information and the time you have taken to source and collate it. You should be offically named a Royal treasure!

I hear there is a 'royal wave' I could probably practice. lol ;)

And another fine member of our Dec. 1st Roll Call has just booked it as a B2B and added the Dec. 8th sailing as well. Looks like I'll be in good company! :D

Enjoy the cruise Dave, you deserve it after all your hard work-thanks again for all the information and the time you have taken to source and collate it. You should be offically named a Royal treasure!

I couldn't agree more! I had never been more excited about a cruise than I was for the Royal!!!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Interesting. We are on the Royal Princess and the Emerald Princess before your cruise date, and haven't yet received this email, just the ones from Alan Buckelew and the captains.

Not that I'm anxious or anything!

At least one other member of our Dec. 1st Roll Call has also received that same email. And I know what you mean by being anxious. These emails, and then the Boarding Passes and Luggage Tags, just make it all the more real. However, I really do miss the good old days when your TA would call and say your DOCUMENTS had arrived and were already in the mail. LOVED getting those old paper documents with all the Shore Excursion booklets and paperwork to fill out. It was such an adventure! :D

I couldn't agree more! I had never been more excited about a cruise than I was for the Royal!!!

I know, right! I just have to realize that when it's all over and I'm back home again, I can start my next countdown for Regal Princess. By then she should have begun her outfitting, but this time no 'Everything' thread. The last one was fun enough, I'm could never manage another like it! ;)

Hi Lynne,

Congrats on the cabin assignment! You'll still be able to see SeaWalk from your balcony but you will also be far enough back that it won't post a real privacy issue. Here is an arrow to your cabin.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7288/9737445519_8c6ab3e7d2_k.jpg

I do hope you will take the time to write a review and give us your impressions of Royal Princess after you get back. I'll be within a week of embarkation and will be beside myself with excitement.

P.S. Just got my emailed standardized Welcome Aboard 'letter' today from Captain Dino Sagani (yes, everyone gets one but this had MY name on it, lol :D) and that just heightened the anticipation.

78 Days and Counting and still looking forward to Royal Princess!!! :D:D:D

Mine was from Tony Draper. Is there a Captain change between our sailing Dave?

Wow, you guys are so close to your sailings. I can't wait to hear your thoughts once on board. I'm still more than four months out.

Yup;

Close indeed. We board in 24 days and a bag drag.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G