Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

My client called me last night to say his girlfriend's ex husband (lives in Myrtle) was at the beach with his daughter when a boy was drowning, he went to save him and they both died. The daughter lives with her mom in the Philly area and she was visiting her dad. I was making arrangements for she and her daughter to come home after the services. Very sad.

Several of the people who drowned went in trying to save others...people they didn't even know. Very sad.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I just saw it closed...wow...kind of surprising. I don't remember many threads being closed by the moderators except when posters started getting nasty with each other...thought most threads just faded away??

Oh well, maybe a good time to thank Dave again! Dave, we leave to fly to Barcelona this weekend, and my excitement has been built to a fever pitch thanks in great part to your thread.

Look for some posts from me in the days ahead! Maybe I'll be typing away as I sip a Bellini toasting Dave!

Carole

Have a wonderful cruise. Will most certainly be looking for your postings and toasting.:)

We were very surprised by the size of the inside cabins! Loved the shower and the hand held device and the shelf! Loved all the storage area, the brightness of the cabin, without all the mirrors and being able to move very easily between the walls and the bed.

Thanks for your comments on inside rooms. It will be helpful to those who come here for info on the Royal.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited to say that I have found pictures posted of an angled balcony. They are from a current cruiser, and are taken on the balcony rather than from the ground looking up, or a stock photo.

Woo Hoo!! She said it measured 54sq ft. That could be a 9x6. I am happy, happy, happy.:)

I'm excited to say that I have found pictures posted of an angled balcony. They are from a current cruiser, and are taken on the balcony rather than from the ground looking up, or a stock photo.

Woo Hoo!! She said it measured 54sq ft. That could be a 9x6. I am happy, happy, happy.:)

This is the rest of her description which goes with those photos:

Basically one side of the balcony where it aligns with the normal balcony is 4 ft deep. The other side is 8 ft deep. I measured the width of the balcony as 9 ft (which is 54 sq ft not the 56 I previously stated).

I have one of these booked also - happiness!! :rolleyes:

This is the rest of her description which goes with those photos:

Basically one side of the balcony where it aligns with the normal balcony is 4 ft deep. The other side is 8 ft deep. I measured the width of the balcony as 9 ft (which is 54 sq ft not the 56 I previously stated).

I have one of these booked also - happiness!! :rolleyes:

I didn't see the later post. Thanks for sharing.

My cabin with an angled is already paid for. So excited!!

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to see a fabulous view of the ship docked in Athens go to YouTube.com Royal Princess docked in Athens.... you will see a great view of ship and some great pictures of balcony especially the Emerald Deck....:)

My review of this lovely ship was posted and was very positive as our family group had a fantastic cruise. If anyone has any questions about the Royal, I saved my Patters and will try to help as best I can.

Glad to see this positive thread back to life. Way too much negativity on some of the other threads for me!!

My positive trip review has been submitted and should be posted in several days.

By the way I am a "he".

One one of the other Royal threads my positive review was called "biased" as I received a cabin upgrade. Guess giving me an upgrade (my first in 16 cruises with Princess) does not qualify me to talk about the ship, the food, the facilities, the entertainment, the childrens program, etc.

I look forward to reading your review! ;)

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

Sunsetbeachgal, haven't read your official review yet, but was trying to keep up with your live thread and your other comments. I have been so slammed with work this summer I haven't had as much board time as I would like. I can tell I will probably feel very much the same way as you about the ship. I have never had a bad cruise, not even The Crown "noro Cruise" last year with our 5 nights to nowhere. I even had the virus for about 36 hours.

I will be up your way this evening. Doing some pictures at the OIB pier.

Edited by gracie65

Sunsetbeachgal, haven't read your official review yet, but was trying to keep up with your live thread and your other comments. I have been so slammed with work this summer I haven't had as much board time as I would like. I can tell I will probably feel very much the same way as you about the ship. I have never had a bad cruise, not even The Crown "noro Cruise" last year with our 5 nights to nowhere. I even had the virus for about 36 hours.

Hey Gracie,

Welcome back to the boards...glad business is good! That is a good thing!

Carole

One one of the other Royal threads my positive review was called "biased" as I received a cabin upgrade. Guess giving me an upgrade (my first in 16 cruises with Princess) does not qualify me to talk about the ship, the food, the facilities, the entertainment, the childrens program, etc.

I value all the comments and reviews that you have given on the Royal. You sailed her.:D

My review of this lovely ship was posted and was very positive as our family group had a fantastic cruise. If anyone has any questions about the Royal, I saved my Patters and will try to help as best I can.

Glad to see this positive thread back to life. Way too much negativity on some of the other threads for me!!

I agree. This positive thread is great. I think your thread may have changed some people back to booking the Royal.

Crazy! I think some people grabbed ahold of the initial negative posts and did what they could to keep the negativity alive even though they have not sailed the Royal.

I think we were on the Crown cruise before your's Gracie. We didn't get sick fortunately.

I can't wait to try the Ocean Terrace. I've only read what they have on the Princess site, but sounds like you can get caviar with all the fixings. Well I missed cruising in the heyday when all that was a daily thing. I want to experience it even if I have to pay for it!

I started cruising late (kids life and all) but I was hooked from day one. June 2005 on the Caribbean Princess. But I have to listen to all the stories from the Sitmar days.

I just can't wait to walk aboard...

I can't wait to try the Ocean Terrace. I've only read what they have on the Princess site, but sounds like you can get caviar with all the fixings....

I just can't wait to walk aboard...

I don't know if you have seen these already, but here are the menu's for the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar, as well as Bellini's, the Crab Shack, and Fondues:

Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar

9216595798_bdf2b26b71_b.jpg

9216595732_089034f23f_b.jpg

Bellini's

9216550354_6284bf2b9a_b.jpg

The Crab Shack

9213796481_a151ec7874_b.jpg

Fondues

9213796413_8b58ca1482_b.jpg

(Credit all pictures Jo Rigby)

I think we were on the Crown cruise before your's Gracie. We didn't get sick fortunately.

LOL yes, Benny don't you remember I already asked you and we realized "we almost cruised together"!! Had our sailing not been delayed we probably would have passed each other in the parking lot!!

We have got to plan better next time. I think I would have loads of fun with you!!

I don't know if you have seen these already, but here are the menu's for the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar, as well as Bellini's, the Crab Shack, and Fondues:

Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar

9216595798_bdf2b26b71_b.jpg

9216595732_089034f23f_b.jpg

Bellini's

9216550354_6284bf2b9a_b.jpg

The Crab Shack

9213796481_a151ec7874_b.jpg

Fondues

9213796413_8b58ca1482_b.jpg

(Credit all pictures Jo Rigby)

Thanks Dave, I don't think I had seen the one for Fondue's yet.

On our sailing, I never saw many people at the Ocean Terrace. I did not go up to the Horizon Court to see how popular the fondue or Crab Shack was. The fondue and crab Shack were not offered every night...it said in the Patter what was being offered.

The Belllini Bar was busier...they have a better location on the 6th deck right above the Piazza, and the tables are along the side so give a good view down. And did I tell you how good the Classic Bellini is??:p

If you used the Royal's intranet system...Princess@Sea...was it working & helpful? Hopefully it has the Patter's info plus additional functions.

No, I did not use it..I am a creature of habit and love the Patter...oh, I just remembered that Son in Law used it on his IPHONE and thought it was very helpful...he referenced it quite frequently

Edited by sunsetbeachgal