Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

We just made final payment, very exciting. Our TA is going to be on the Royal in a couple of days so we had to pay while she was still at work and not cruising. We're looking forward to January 26th when we finally get to see what the Royal has to offer for ourselves.

We to are on Royal Princess on Nov 17 Very excited Pictures of ship and menus are great Cant wait to see sea wall Sounds wonderful Our first cruise was on the original Royal Princess and I know there wont be any comparison

I don't think you are on our Roll Call, here is the link if you want to check it out, I'm originally from Tennessee where do you live?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1702162&page=22

• 3 weeks later...

I have searched but can't find a definitive answer on this one. Can someone list the dining options and clarify which ones are complimentary and which have a surcharge. I am talking about all food options on the ship, both casual and specialty venues.

Jan

I have searched but can't find a definitive answer on this one. Can someone list the dining options and clarify which ones are complimentary and which have a surcharge. I am talking about all food options on the ship, both casual and specialty venues.

Jan

Free: main dining rooms, international cafe (except for gelato), trident grill, room service, Alfredo's and the pizzeria on Lido deck. Also, Horizon Court.

For fee: Sabatini's, Crown Grill, Fondues, Crab Shack, Chef's Table and Winemakers Dinner, Ultimate Balcony Breakfast and Dinner.

I hope I didn't forget anything.

Jan

Try this as well....

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Royal-Princess-Offers-Dining-Options-for-Every-Craving.html#.UdpDXjtwrSh

Thanks for that link. Sounds like a tantalizing array of dining options. After reading it I still have some questions about pricing. I know that specialty drinks will come with a price, but what about the other offering in those venues?

Are the following options free and if not what is the pricing?

Vines

Ocean Terrace

Tea Terrace

Pub Lunch

Princess Live Cafe

Preggo Pizzeria

Swirls

Cabana Picnic

I'm assuming the everything in the Horizon Court is free except for the specialty coffee section?

Again, thanks so much for the help.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Hope this helps...:D

Vines - Tapas and sushi complimentary with beverage purchase (wine, etc)

Ocean Terrace - A la carte see menu linked here with other various menus http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39022366&postcount=5780

Tea Towers - Surcharge, prices vary

Pub Lunch - Included with your cruise fare

Princess Live Cafe - Have not heard that there is a surcharge

Preggo Pizzeria - Included with your cruise fare

Swirls - Included with your cruise fare

Cabana Picnic - see this link http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2012/11/Princess-Reveals-Royal-Princess-Sanctuary.html#.Un-SGHCsiSo

I'm assuming the everything in the Horizon Court is free except for the specialty coffee section? Yes, except when they have the special areas roped off for the Crab Shack and Fondues, all other food stations are included in your cruise fare including The Pastry Shop

Have a great cruise! :D

Thank so much for the answers and the link.

Now, for one more question. Has anyone posted bar drink menus? What about the drink packages? It looks like the limit on drinks and wine is 6.75 and from the one post I have seen, the prices are higher than that on most wines and blended drinks. Can anyone confirm this? If so, can you pay the difference.

Jan

Hi Jan,

Hope this helps...:D

Vines - Tapas and sushi complimentary with beverage purchase (wine, etc)

Ocean Terrace - A la carte see menu linked here with other various menus http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39022366&postcount=5780

Tea Towers - Surcharge, prices vary

Pub Lunch - Included with your cruise fare

Princess Live Cafe - Have not heard that there is a surcharge

Preggo Pizzeria - Included with your cruise fare

Swirls - Included with your cruise fare

Cabana Picnic - see this link http://www.princess.com/news/press_releases/2012/11/Princess-Reveals-Royal-Princess-Sanctuary.html#.Un-SGHCsiSo

I'm assuming the everything in the Horizon Court is free except for the specialty coffee section? Yes, except when they have the special areas roped off for the Crab Shack and Fondues, all other food stations are included in your cruise fare including The Pastry Shop

Have a great cruise! :D

Oops, looks like the drink package I was looking at was for groups only. Guess that answers that question but I do have another....

Are there daily discount drink specials or any others like happy hour that I should know about?

Jan

Thank so much for the answers and the link.

Now, for one more question. Has anyone posted bar drink menus? What about the drink packages? It looks like the limit on drinks and wine is 6.75 and from the one post I have seen, the prices are higher than that on most wines and blended drinks. Can anyone confirm this? If so, can you pay the difference.

Jan

Are there daily discount drink specials or any others like happy hour that I should know about?

Jan

On our recent cruise they had a daily "Signature Recommendation" drink however it wasn't advertised at a discount like previously. So apparently the old daily special & happy hour deals are now gone. If you are Platinum, Elite or in a suite they have a nightly cocktail party with snacks from 5:00-7:00 with a $5 nightly drink special.

Intranet services - on smartphone/ipad, etc. It includes Princess Patter (activities with times/locations/map), itinerary, dining rooms (with hrs and menus for specialty restaurants), access to your folio. We loved this feature!

It even had port brochures including maps & hope this is expanded fleetwide but probably not economically feasible for Princess to do.