Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

The Chill Lounge should be free and I suspect the Cabanas won't have a charge during the Chill Lounge hours either. The Cabana charges in the Retreat Pool area have only been announced for morning and afternoons, not evenings.

I can see us really enjoying this, particularly if they have live music like Jazzio in the Adagio on the Crown Class ships. We have booked a cabin just below this area hoping that it would be a pleasant place to spend evenings.

I thought the "Chill" area was the Cabana area!

Are the lights and music in the whole Retreat area?

(I guess it would be hard to limit where the music reaches but I somehow pictured the lighting just inside the Cabanas) :o

I think the Chill Lounge, lighting and music, will run from the Retreat Bar back through the cabanas, although some may use available loungers furthest back just to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere but not be smack dab in the middle of things.

Here is a night view from my friend Andrew, something you may have had in mind as well...

9053511146_43aac03a10_c.jpg

Another view...

8996752516_289abf6a4c_c.jpg

Every time I see the upper decks in photos at night, I can't believe what a difference it is compared to the other Princess ships. The upper decks will finally be a destination at night! I can't wait to experience the Chill Lounge, it will be very sweet indeed.

Dave,

Andrew's photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! I need to stop spending time reading most of the other Royal threads...way too many repetitive negative comments posted by the same people over and over. What I love about this one are the little surprises that keep popping up, like this wonderful area ;)

Carole

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I think the Chill Lounge, lighting and music, will run from the Retreat Bar back through the cabanas, although some may use available loungers furthest back just to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere but not be smack dab in the middle of things.

Here is a night view from my friend Andrew, something you may have had in mind as well...

9053511146_43aac03a10_c.jpg

Another view...

8996752516_289abf6a4c_c.jpg

Beautiful pictures... I'm getting excited.

Dave,

Andrew's photos are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing! I need to stop spending time reading most of the other Royal threads...way too many repetitive negative comments posted by the same people over and over. What I love about this one are the little surprises that keep popping up, like this wonderful area ;)

Carole

Hi Carole!

There is a distinct difference between being 'informed' and that of actively 'promoting negativity'.

I have already quit reading the 'other' threads. :cool:

Dave,

Carole

Well said...agreed

Dave,

Carole

You really need to change your signature to say The Rainy overcast NC Coast!! LOL I do see the sun finally peeking out some today and the 7 day look wonderful. Somehow I have managed to get in my photo sessions each night. It seems to stop for just a few hours!!

Thanks Benny!! If you are ever this way I will have to take you to Benny Rappa's!! My favorite Italian restaurant in the area!!

That would be so nice, I've never been to Myrtle Beach and would so love to see it one day, and I LOVE Italian food!:)

You really need to change your signature to say The Rainy overcast NC Coast!! LOL I do see the sun finally peeking out some today and the 7 day look wonderful. Somehow I have managed to get in my photo sessions each night. It seems to stop for just a few hours!!

Hey Gracie! Sun and nice weather...finally! Except heard that two people drowned on our beaches today due to rip currents. Very sad!

We are getting excited about our upcoming trip on the Royal...fly out of Wilmington a week from Sunday...into Barcelona. ;)

Hey Gracie! Sun and nice weather...finally! Except heard that two people drowned on our beaches today due to rip currents. Very sad!

We are getting excited about our upcoming trip on the Royal...fly out of Wilmington a week from Sunday...into Barcelona. ;)

Wow how terrible hadn't heard about it. We had a 19 year old boy from our church that was surfing the day Andrea came thru, presumed drowned but they still haven't found him. I just can't imagine. Our Oceans are so beautiful but also can be deadly.

I'm sure you are getting more excited!! I have never done Europe. I can't wait to hear what you think about The Royal!!

1. More new and enhanced Dining Options to choose from

2. Adult-Only Retreat Pool

3. Curtains in the Mini Suites to separate sitting area

4. A Brand New Design for Princess

5. Expanded Piazza and Atrium

6. More Horizon Court choices and stations

7. Shampoo and Conditioner installed in showers

8. More tables for 2 in MDR's

9. Gelato's for sundaes and cool tasty sweets

10. Beautiful MDR's with all new decor

11. Piazza gives us back the WOW!!! factor

12. Sea Walk Bar for 5pm cocktails and Flair Shows

13. People watching in the Piazza

14. Hand held shower thingy

15. Bellini's Bar

16. New open layout of Horizon Court

17. TRX Classes in the gym

18. Jogging track with outside circuit training stations

19. Couch and two flat screen TV's in all Deluxe Balcony rooms

20. Hugely Expanded Alfredo's menu

21. Wash stations at Horizon Court entrance's

22. More places to people watch

23. More seating at MUTS

24. Whole "new" ship experience

25. The new ship smell

26. Club 6 to hang out late nights

27. Seeing old friends and meeting new one's on Royal Princess

28. Exploring the shops around the mini-atrium

29. International Cafe with expanded seating and more windows

30. Aerobics studio with Cycling classes in fitness center

31. New digital signage all over the ship

32. Dedicated Pastry Shoppe

33. Crown Grill and Wheelhouse Bar combo

34. Expanded Vines with more windows

35. Expanded Crooner's

36. Huge area aft on Sun Deck with space for lots of loungers

37. Overall Princess Experience on the new flagship

38. Hearing the Love Boat horn!!!

39. Full sized basketball court

40. Mini Suite for 2 unrelated people having privacy

41. Walking extra steps to the forward elevators to burn calories.

42. Sea Walk during the day and at night. Blue neon glow at night.

43. Up to # 7 for the shelf in the shower (we may have to start a traveling

circus after we have all sailed and received our "Royal" training!!)

44. Bigger enhanced entertainment acts in the atrium

45. Champagne Waterfall with Captain Tony Draper or Captain Dino Sagani

46. The Crab Shack

47. Yet another lover of the shower ledge ( we are all easily excited or pleased

one)

48. Comfiest Beds ever on a Princess cruise ship

49. Updated Vista Lounge

50. Best Picture and sound quality on MUTS ever!

51. New Chef's Table Lumiere

52. Retreat Pool Cabanas

53. New huge TV's in staterooms

54. Patter and stateroom account visible via

ipad/mobile 55. Funky chairs outside Princess Live!

56. Cruise card used at laundry instead of change

57. Apple Pie at Alfredo's

58. Choreographed fountain and lights shows

59. First brand new Princess ship since 2008

60. Making Limoncello instead of Lemonade (love this one!!)

61. Many will sail The Royal which will mean less crowds on Grand Class Ships

62. Aft couches near Outrigger Bar great to watch the wake and relax

63. The new Wine Makers Dinner

64. New evening BBQ menu options at Trident Grill

65. Fondue's for eats and treats

66. Laser Shooting Range

67. Ping Pong tables and sofas at the games area

68. Looking up at the funnel wings from Center Court

69. Cuban Sandwiches at IC

70. Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar

71. Jacuzzi at the Retreat Pool especially on a port day

72. Discovering a brand new ship

73. Searching deck by deck for all Memories at Sea Winners.

74. Art & Architecture mobile tour

75. Checking daily onboard schedules of all things Royal Princess on the

Intranet

76. Burritos, chips and salsa at Outrigger Bar

77. Flight's and Bites in Vines

78. Four brand new shows in Princess Theater

79. Piano music at Crooner's from the 'Olive Piano'

80. No smoking in most inside interiors

81. Relaxing in new Wheelhouse Bar

82. Celebrations Gift Shop

83. New refrigerator magnet (for Dave)

84. FREE in stateroom movies and shows on demand

85. Padded Head board (first time I have seen this one, love it too!!)

86. Bigger shower

87. Larger soap dish in shower

88. Wide promenade with loungers and tables

89. Views from the fwd Sky Deck at Sail Away

90. Better seating options at Horizon Court and Horizon Bistro

91. Larger Putting Green course

92. More automatic doors

93. Well organized shore excursion staff desk in mini-Piazza

94. Variety of Inaugural Season Logo items

95. Hand picked friendly Princess crew

96. Larger Sanctuary

97. Expanded and enhanced centers for kids and Teens

98. Largest Thermal Suite of any Princess ship

99. New massage rooms for couples in the Spa with expanded pre-treatment lounge

100. Digital Photo Gallery

101. Sabatini's for lunch

102. Discovering a new favorite tea at the Tea Towers

103. Super Tuscan Wine Tasting events

104. Seeing the Wyland art mural up close

105. Daily Pub lunches

106. Checking out all of the new entertainment options in Princess Live!

107. Larger, new design for Princess Theater

108. Concierge Lounge for Suite Guests

109. Hanging out in the evening at the Retreat turned “Chill Lounge” enjoying the night with drinks and music

110. The cool towels the crew has waiting on you when you get back to the ship from an excursion or hot if you cruised someplace cold. (can't believe I forgot this)

So I've finally worked out my final cruise budget so that I can include on one or both segments of my B2B:

Fondue's, The Crab Shack, Bellini's (all of them;)), Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar (got to have that Chilled Seafood Sampler for Two, and yes, I'll eat it all!), my key chain and fridge magnet, my pre-paid gratuities, Unlimited Soda Pkg, Gelato's (many, many times), Crown Grill, Wine Makers Dinner, and Sabatini's for lunch (if it's available) and dinner. :D

So I've finally worked out my final cruise budget so that I can include on one or both segments of my B2B:

Fondue's, The Crab Shack, Bellini's (all of them;)), Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar (got to have that Chilled Seafood Sampler for Two, and yes, I'll eat it all!), my key chain and fridge magnet, my pre-paid gratuities, Unlimited Soda Pkg, Gelato's (many, many times), Crown Grill, Wine Makers Dinner, and Sabatini's for lunch (if it's available) and dinner. :D

I may have missed it but do you know what the $40 wine dinner has to offer?

I may have missed it but do you know what the $40 wine dinner has to offer?

This info according to Rai Caluori, Princess Cruises' executive vice-president of fleet operations:

The wine-maker's dinner is an event that takes place at least 1 time an evening in the two wine rooms in the Symphony and Concerto dining rooms. These areas seat a maximum of 12 passengers and can be configured to accommodate smaller groups. The event is endorsed by wine-makers and includes:

- 4 course meal (tailored to the winery endorsing the event)

- Welcome cocktail (3 cocktail rotation to choose from)

- Glass of white wine (from sponsoring wine-maker)

- Glass of red wine (from sponsoring wine-maker)

- Cover charge $40

And this from the Princess Cruises web site:

Wine Maker’s Dinner– Diners in the Symphony and Concerto dining rooms can enjoy a unique dining experience in a private space inspired by a wine cellar. Surrounded by wine bottles, the circular area, which seats up to 12, offers a distinctive atmosphere for private functions and special celebrations. Wine cellar specialty menus developed in conjunction with noted winemakers have been designed to especially to pair with matching wines. Menu items include classic carved meats such as crown of veal rack, lamb Baron and veal rack a l’Orlov. Cover charge: $40

Wine Makers Dinner Table

9261415868_d38785ffab_c.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

I just saw it closed...wow...kind of surprising. I don't remember many threads being closed by the moderators except when posters started getting nasty with each other...thought most threads just faded away??

Oh well, maybe a good time to thank Dave again! Dave, we leave to fly to Barcelona this weekend, and my excitement has been built to a fever pitch thanks in great part to your thread.

Look for some posts from me in the days ahead! Maybe I'll be typing away as I sip a Bellini toasting Dave!

Carole

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

My client called me last night to say his girlfriend's ex husband (lives in Myrtle) was at the beach with his daughter when a boy was drowning, he went to save him and they both died. The daughter lives with her mom in the Philly area and she was visiting her dad. I was making arrangements for she and her daughter to come home after the services. Very sad.

We were very surprised by the size of the inside cabins! Loved the shower and the hand held device and the shelf! Loved all the storage area, the brightness of the cabin, without all the mirrors and being able to move very easily between the walls and the bed.