Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

I'm really looking forward to all these things and more. While I will be a little down about the lack of a proper promenade, I no longer down about the smaller MB mini balcony I had. Yesterday I saw that a S2 was available. Decided to take the plunge and ditch the smaller balcony. Now I'm really looking forward to the cruise, not that I wasn't before, but now I'm just a tad more excited.....:):):)

Bob

Which deck did you book? Some are definitely better than others. And I'm confused, I thought a couple of months ago you were going to cancel because of lack of overtime...now you book a $16,000 suite? Holy crap. OT must be good.

Edited by Cruise Junky

I'm really looking forward to all these things and more. While I will be a little down about the lack of a proper promenade, I no longer down about the smaller MB mini balcony I had. Yesterday I saw that a S2 was available. Decided to take the plunge and ditch the smaller balcony. Now I'm really looking forward to the cruise, not that I wasn't before, but now I'm just a tad more excited.....:):):)

Bob

WOW, congrats Bob! Now you have something extra to be excited about.:D

Just got an email from Princess offering standby deals for the 12 night 7/29 Med sailing from Venice to Barcelona. Prices are AMAZING! $1299 for a standard balcony, $1399 for a deluxe balcony and $1799 for a mini-suite (up to $95 extra for taxes and fees). WOW, WOW and WOW!

Edited by traveling1969

We noticed there were more automatic doors on the Royal. It was mighty windy on the 2nd preview cruise sea day so nice not to struggle with heavy doors like we had in the past.

Edited by dides

Well said. I couldn't agree more! I hope you are not too badly affected by the flooding in Alberta.

Ron.

Hi Ron,

First of all, thank you for your concern regarding the devastation of the flooding in southern Alberta. We are in Lethbridge and are very fortunate that our home sits high above the Oldman River that we have not been affected. However, we have very good friends that have the most beautiful home in the valley and they have been evacuated from their property for the last 2 days. :( High River and Calgary have been the most severely affected with 3 lives being lost and a possible 4th ....so tragic. Downtown Calgary is a mess! Our CEO Oil and Gas friend was evacuated from his downtown office yesterday morning.....the downtown core is unbelievable! Check out Global Calgary news online for footage than can only be described as devastating! I guess when one looks at the big picture of what is happening in the world, I just appreciate our good fortune to be able to travel on any ship....and a brand new ship, well, that is certainly icing on the cake!

BTW, I think we are getting off the Royal in Barcelona just as you are jumping onboard! :)

Happy and Safe travels......

Which deck did you book? Some are definitely better than others. And I'm confused, I thought a couple of months ago you were going to cancel because of lack of overtime...now you book a $16,000 suite? Holy crap. OT must be good.

Situations change, sometimes on a daily basis, for the good and bad. Fortunately the change was sorta for the good for us. Had to cancel the Star cruise but, for us, it was a good choice. Now I'm really looking forward to all the new features the Royal has to offer....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Situations change, sometimes on a daily basis, for the good and bad. Fortunately the change was sorta for the good for us. Had to cancel the Star cruise but, for us, it was a good choice.....:):):)

Bob

Congrats...looking forward to Pictures.

OK, there seem to be several negative threads going about The Royal Princess. I'm sure many are like me and are optimistic about The Royal Princess. So, lets start a thread with just positive features, amenities, dining etc. Whether you have sailed her or you have a sailing coming up please say something positive you are excited about!! There are a number of threads already for negative comments so lets keep this one fun & happy!!!

For me I am excited about so many dining options. I can't wait to have all the choices!! I'm sure there will be some great new options and maybe some I don't like but all in all there will be so many choices you won't go hungry for sure!!LOL

You can have your positive thread... I am elete on Princess, what I want is the truth what ever it is ... so I can make a choice on whether and when to cruise on the new Royal or not.

We were on the first cruise on the Grand and I can tell you it was not that Grand... they were still laying carpet when we board in Istandul in l998, service in the MDR was okay not great, the itinerary was outstanding, the welcome aboard party was held near the pool not something I was excited about and the Captain late. They had a better party for the press in the disco which we crashed and enjoyed then for the passengers.

I am cruising on the Grand again, this coming Sept because it is home porting in San Francisco near where I live. This will be the first time we are returning to the Grand.

We have cruised on the old, old Royal, the old Royal, the Golden, the Star, the Sapphire, the Ocean, the Pacific, the Sea and the Ruby over the years. So no matter how good or bad the new Royal is... eventually we will be on board when it has the right itinerary for us.

Let folks say what they want about the ship... it helps us all decide when to cruise.

I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it - is there a charge for the Retreat Pool? Is it part of the Sanctuary, or is it open to all?

Thanks.

Free of charge and for all adults.

A poster on another thread, just back from the Royal preview cruise, experienced the UBD on a balcony and said there was room for a table and chairs and ice bucket stand. The waiter had no problem serving them and even stood on deck talking to them.:D They may be small balconies but that is plenty for us. :D Can't wait!!

Thanks Toronto, maybe we need to show him how many our list is up too!! he,he!!

Hi Ron,

First of all, thank you for your concern regarding the devastation of the flooding in southern Alberta. We are in Lethbridge and are very fortunate that our home sits high above the Oldman River that we have not been affected. However, we have very good friends that have the most beautiful home in the valley and they have been evacuated from their property for the last 2 days. :( High River and Calgary have been the most severely affected with 3 lives being lost and a possible 4th ....so tragic. Downtown Calgary is a mess! Our CEO Oil and Gas friend was evacuated from his downtown office yesterday morning.....the downtown core is unbelievable! Check out Global Calgary news online for footage than can only be described as devastating! I guess when one looks at the big picture of what is happening in the world, I just appreciate our good fortune to be able to travel on any ship....and a brand new ship, well, that is certainly icing on the cake!

BTW, I think we are getting off the Royal in Barcelona just as you are jumping onboard! :)

Happy and Safe travels......

Glad you were not right in the area were things were so bad. The weather worldwide is just crazy!!

A poster on another thread, just back from the Royal preview cruise, experienced the UBD on a balcony and said there was room for a table and chairs and ice bucket stand. The waiter had no problem serving them and even stood on deck talking to them.:D They may be small balconies but that is plenty for us. :D Can't wait!!

Awesome I was really looking forward to the UBD.

I have not been on the boards all weekend, hope to catch up later this afternoon!!

It's getting longer and longer!!

So glad to have all of you posting the positives you are looking forward to. It really helps to balance out the negative threads out there. Makes it great for everyone to be able to express their opinions on the various threads which they feel are appropriate for their own individual opinions!!

1. Dining Options

2. Retreat Pool

3. Curtain in the Mini Suites

4. The New Design

5. Piazza

6. Horizon Court Options

7. Shampoo and Conditioner installed in showers

8. More tables for 2 in MDR

9. Gelato

10. Beautiful MDR

11. Piazza gives a WOW factor

12. Sea Walk Bar for 5pm cocktails

13. People watching in the Piazza

14. Hand held shower thingy

15. Bellini Bar

16. New things in Horizon Court.

17. TRX Classes in the gym

18. jogging track and outside training stations set up.

19. Couch and flat screen TV in Deluxe Balcony room

20. Expanded Alfredo's

21. Washstand at Horizon Court entrance

22. More places to people watch

23. More seating at MUTS24. Interesting areas on Promenade Deck

24. Whole "new" ship experience

25.The new ship smell

26. design & finish

27. Seeing old friends and meeting new one's

28. Exploring new places

29. International Cafe

30. Retreat Pool

31. Seaview Bar

32. Pastry Shoppe

33. Crown Grill

34. Vines

35. Crooner's

36. Fettuccinni Alfredo

37. Overall Princess Experience

38. Cruising with BFF's

39. Piazza

40. Mini Suite for 2 unrelated people

41. Walking extra steps to the forward elevators to bun calories.

42. Sea Walk during the day and at night. Blue glow at night.

43. Up to # 7 for the shelf in the shower (we may have to start a traveling circus after we have all sailed and received our "Royal" training!!)

44. A withdrawal cure from Everything Royal.

45. Champagne Waterfall

46. Atrium hanging out people watching.

47. Yet another lover of the shower ledge ( we are all easily excited or pleased one)

48. Comfiest Beds ever on a cruise ship

49. Updated Vista Lounge

50. Great Picture and sound quality on MUTS

51. Horizon Court/ Outrigger Sofas

52. Retreat Pool Cabanas

53. New Massive TV's with movies and shows on demand

54. Patter and stateroom acct visible via ipad/mobile

55. Funky chairs outside Princess Live!

56. Cruise card used at laundry instead of change

57. Apple Pie at Alfredo's

58. Choreographed fountains

59. First ever brand new ship

60. Making Limoncello instead of Lemonade (love this one!!)

61. Many will sail The Royal which will mean less crowds on Grand Class Ships

62. Aft couches on Lido, great to watch the wake and relax

63. Wine Makers Dinner

64. New menu options at Trident Grill

65. Fondue's and The Crab Shack

66. Laser Shooting Range

67. Ping Pong

68. Looking at the funnel wings from Center Court

69. Cuban Sandwiches at IC

70. Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar

71. Jacuzzi at the Retreat Pool especially on a port day

72. Discovering a brand new ship

73. Searching deck by deck for all Memories at Sea Winners.

74. Art & Architecture mobile tour

75. The Intranet

76. Burritos, chips and salsa at Outrigger Bar

77. Flight's and Bites in Vines

78. Four brand new shows in Princess Theater

79. Piano music at Crooner's

80. No smoking in most inside interiors

81. Relaxing in Wheelhouse Bar

82. Celebrations for new treats

83. New refrigerator magnet (for Dave)

84. Mini Suite Curtains

85. Padded Head board (first time I have seen this one love it too!!)

86. Bigger shower

87. Larger soap dish in shower

88. Wide promenade with lounges and tables

89. Aft seating at Horizon

90. Bigger /better seating at Horizon

91. Fondues (me too)

92. More automatic doors

Teak lounge chairs aplenty on the aft promenade deck.

Table and chairs on the med ship promenade deck.

Padded headboards in all cabins, no more hitting your head on the wooden frame when reading in bed.

Princess @ Sea intranet to view Princess patters no matter where you are on the ship and the new art/architecture tour.

From Princess.com

Art and Architecture Tour Takes Passengers Behind the Scenes of Royal Princess Art Collection RSS Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on google_plusone_share Share on email More Sharing Services

New Self-Guided Mobile Tour Highlights Key Works with Artist Bios and Videos

To help Royal Princess passengers appreciate just some of the more than 4,000 works of art installed throughout the ship, Princess Cruises created a new self-guided Art and Architecture Tour that passengers can use with their own smart phones or tablets.

This comprehensive resource lets passengers explore the ship’s extensive art collection with a 32-stop tour that they can follow throughout the ship or explore at their leisure as they encounter each piece. Each work on the tour is identified with a QR code that passengers can scan to access information about the artist and the artwork, plus a short video explaining more about the artist and the creation process.

In addition to the ship’s many dramatic art pieces, the tour also highlights special architectural elements around the vessel, including the SeaWalk, Princess Theater and Movies Under the Stars.

Just a few of the select art works featured on the tour include:

Chef’s Table Lumiere – A 54-petal illuminated sculpture of Murano glass forms the centerpiece of the dramatic Chef’s Table Lumiere, created by noted Murano glass master Simone Cenedese.

Sculpture Made from Shipyard Scrap Metal – A peacock sculpture outside the Allegro Dining Room was created by Croatian artist Andrija Milovan in the Fincantieri shipyard entirely from scrap metal left over from Royal Princess’ construction.

Crooners Piano Painted by Michael Godard – Best-selling artist Michael Godard has added musical incarnations of his trademark olives and martini glasses to a unique piano in Crooners martini bar.

Memories at Sea Winner – The winning photo from Princess’ Royal Princess Memories at Sea photo contest is displayed in the Piazza. The other 999 finalist photos are also installed throughout the ship.

Ocean Waves at SeaView Bar – A pair of original glass works sculpted by artist David Wight are displayed on specially designed pedestals. Inspired by the rolling ocean, they feature vibrant cobalt blue and rich turquoise to represent the different aspects of the sea.

Wyland Mural – Famed marine artist Wyland created a dramatic, custom piece of sea-inspired art especially for Royal Princess. Featuring sea life from the ship’s destinations in the Mediterranean and Caribbean, the piece is featured in an outdoor installation at the Retreat Pool with another variation displayed indoors in deck’s stairwell.

In addition to accessing the Royal Princess Art and Architecture Tour via QR code, passengers can find links to the tour stops by using the ship’s Princess@Sea mobile intranet. The ship’s art director will also guide a live tour at least once per cruise, and passengers can pick up a printed copy of the self-guided tour route in the art gallery.

The ship’s art gallery also features interactive touch-screens that offer additional artist information for art-loving passengers.

Padded headboards in all cabins, no more hitting your head on the wooden frame when reading in bed.

I am continually amazed at the little things that make me happy about this ship, lol. I have had to use some odd configurations of pillows to avoid that frame, lol. Now I can just do a normal pillow prop to read!