Everything "Positively" Royal: All the Positives, Please list somethng positive.

gracie65

I'm looking forward to being on the ship, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, exploring places I haven't been to before, enjoying the Piazza and the IC, trying the new dining options, checking out the Retreat pool area, etc. If there are lemons, I'll make lemonade. It won't be perfect but then no ship or cruise is.

Thanks again for reflecting how many of us feel...there are so many posts from those who remind me of the SNL character "Debbie Downer". :eek:

I doubt if it's possible to build a perfect ship that will make everyone happy & time will tell how Princess passengers feel about the changes when deciding where to spend their money.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks everyone I am enjoying seeing everyone's responses. Trying to keep a running list which I will post a little later.

I totally forgot about the Pub Lunch. I love Fish N Chips so looking forward to having it. I even like Long John Silvers and Captain D's but we don't have either near us.

billco so glad to see your list of positives. I too am looking forward to the TRX, I have done classes here and really enjoyed them. I go to the gym usually 5 days a week and when I am on a cruise just can't seem to darken the doors to one!!LOl I may have to check this one out though the pictures look really nice.

Gracie65, thanks for starting this positive thread. I am very excited to be on board in August. We have never been on board such a new ship. The many positives and new features on the Royal Princess far outweigh the negatives for me. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to sail on her and to cruise in general.

I'm looking forward to being on the ship, seeing old friends, meeting new ones, exploring places I haven't been to before, enjoying the Piazza and the IC, trying the new dining options, checking out the Retreat pool area, etc. If there are lemons, I'll make lemonade. It won't be perfect but then no ship or cruise is.

Well said, Pam

Very nicely put:):):)

I've not been impressed with the ship since I saw the first exterior renderings. That said, I do like the design and finish - it's too bad that they put all the impressive interior and exterior design into a poorly designed ship.

Did you fail to read the title of this thread - positive - not negative!!

hi Gracie,

I am looking forward to seeing a ship that is entirely different...so many of the Princess ships basically look pretty much the same...same carpet, same design, same decor and this new one is DIFFERENT!!

We will be on her in a month...can't wait!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

The positives that I can glean so far:

• Expanded menu at Alfredo's. That is a big plus.
  • Upgraded teenage lounge and outdoor space.
  • Dedicated Chef's Table.
  • Spa located lower in the ship saving top ship space for the masses. (I could never understand why they used up valued top ship space and views for people who had their eyes covered over with cucumbers.)
  • Full-on gelataria.
  • A Deluxe Balcony cabin category that gives you a sofa.

Thank you Gracie for this positive thread! I was getting depressed with all the negativity. I am looking forward to the piazza, Crab Shack and my very own spot on the Promenade Deck...

Frank, you will be happy to know I have a brand new phone... An iPhone. I will be extremely careful with this one!

Hi Gracie,

Thank you for starting this "positive" thread - great for those of us who are already suffering from withdrawal after the absolutely fantastic "Everything Royal Princess" thread has ended.

Hopefully this thread will gain similar momentum. Keep posting folks so it stays on Page 1 !!

Having never been on a Princess ship before, I'm looking forward to the overall "Princess experience." BFF, whom I've known since we were three years old, lives far from me now. She's never cruised and we are thrilled to be able to celebrate a Biggie Birthday together on a magnificent new ship. (Yes - we're both just turning 21 - where did I put those reading glasses) ;);)

We are so excited about walking into the Piazza for the first time!

I'm looking forward to having a mini-suite with an extended balcony, as I love sitting on the balcony in the middle of the night when sleep eludes me. Having the extra stateroom space for two unrelated people will definitely be a plus.

Don't even know where to start on how much I'm anticipating all the dining options. I am a "list maker" and just keep adding notes to my "Where to Eat" list. And I, for one, will be happy to walk a few extra steps to the forward stairs so I can burn off all the calories I plan to eat!! :)

I do hope this thread grows and grows, as there are so many positives about this beautiful new ship. Kay

I'm POSITIVELY looking forward to cruising on the Royal Princess in December!

Especially:

1) Trying the Sea Walk both during the day and at night. I have a balcony mid forward, but if Cost were not an option would have liked a mid-ship mini under the Sea Walk. The Pics at night from the lighting from the Sea Walk are absolutely stunning. Beautiful blue glow enveloping your balcony. . .awesome. Lucky people!

2) count me as #7 for the shower step, brilliant

3) Brand-spanking New ship....enough said :D :D

4) Piazza, public spaces, Retreat pool, Sanctuary.....

I could go on and on. SO looking forward to my Royal experience

Sue.

"Thank you for starting this "positive" thread - great for those of us who are already suffering from withdrawal after the absolutely fantastic "Everything Royal Princess" thread has ended."

Yea! A cure for our withdrawal!

I agree that we should continue this thread going forward as a part 2, a place where we can still come to find all the exciting new things about the Royal Princess as they are reported by the people who have sailed on her. Hopefully Dave will chime in with anything of interest he digs up.

Thank you for starting this "positive" thread. There so much to be excited about on this beautiful ship, I am not going to let any of the negatives affect me at all.

One of the many positives things I have noticed is from pictures of the Champagne Waterfull, it looks to be so spacious and we'll have room to move about. On our previous cruises, the area was packed with people and very tight. I'm glad they put a lot of emphasis on the atrium. We spend a lot of time there, just hanging out, having a latte, and people watching...

I sailed on the first Preview and although I am not a lover there are certainly some positives to look forward to:

Another vote for the extremely handy shower ledge and the nice sized shower.

Stunning Atrium that made something as simple as grabbing a drink (and a delicious pastry) and people watching feel like an indulgent experience.

The comfiest beds I have ever had on a cruise ship coupled with the quietest general running makes for a wonderful nights sleep. No unusual creaks, clanks or other undefined noises!

Fun walking and jogging track on the sports deck with intriguing pieces of apparatus although climbing on and off them when you are only 5ft tall means a complete lack of dignity:o

Vista Lounge is a great venue, updated and seemed larger than on other ships.

Great picture and sound quality on MUTS

Gracie,

I was also on the Crown cruise and using our credit for a mini-suite on deck A for the TA. I remember the story about you. We had a great cruise and didn't get sick. We are going on the Crown for super bowl this year. See you on the Royal. Anne