23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Everything at this time of year throws me off my plan. So many lunches and dinners out....I succumb to temptation. This is the only time of the year that I am attracted to candy as well. I haven't gone overboard on anything and haven't gained weight...yet. A strict plan of action goes into effect on 12/29. Why that date? The last planned celebration is on the 28th!! :eek:

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Everything at this time of year throws me off my plan. So many lunches and dinners out....I succumb to temptation. This is the only time of the year that I am attracted to candy as well. I haven't gone overboard on anything and haven't gained weight...yet. A strict plan of action goes into effect on 12/29. Why that date? The last planned celebration is on the 28th!! :eek:

It is a tough time of year for sure, I feel your pain. I'm starting Jan 1. We have dinner out at a Japanese restaurant New Year's Eve, one of those places where they cook on the table in front of you .... YUMMY. I'm hungry just thinking about it lol.

It is a tough time of year for sure, I feel your pain. I'm starting Jan 1. We have dinner out at a Japanese restaurant New Year's Eve, one of those places where they cook on the table in front of you .... YUMMY. I'm hungry just thinking about it lol.

Oh, those restaurants are great! I love them!

I'm thinking we should be treating the Holidays like we do gearing up for an upcoming cruise. Every year I try to be "be good", but I want to enjoy myself and not feel deprived. Probably should just plan ahead like we try to for our cruises. :confused:

I hope everyone is enjoying their Holidays to the fullest! It goes by quickly!

Last holiday get-together today. (No New Year's plans). I am so done with all the goodies I have been indulging in this past month. I have not been a good girl since before Thanksgiving!!! :o

I've got 60 days of serious meal downsizing ahead of me before we leave on the next big trip. Weigh in tomorrow might be scarey! :eek:

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Happy New Year!!

Well Christmas was great. Lots of great gifts, yummy food, spent time with family. Total gain over the holidays was 2 pounds sigh. New Year, new eating habits. I have 20 pounds to lose before my next cruise in 2 months. Wish me luck. Happy New Year everyone.

Well Christmas was great. Lots of great gifts, yummy food, spent time with family. Total gain over the holidays was 2 pounds sigh. New Year, new eating habits. I have 20 pounds to lose before my next cruise in 2 months. Wish me luck. Happy New Year everyone.

First it was Thanksgiving then a 7 night cruise to Grenada, St Croix, etc, then pre-Christmas celebrations, Christmas, ending with a trip to Dallas for my mother-in-law's 95th birthday bash. Total damage was a gain of 4 lbs. I lost 1.5 lbs just yesterday, so I'm on my way. Got in a good 2.5 mile walk yesterday and no carbs in eating. No New Year's celebration planned other than planning a healthy gourmet meal for us. Next cruise is April 26.... weight loss goal is set, so let the challenge begin! Happy new Year!

Well, the healthy eating plan has officially started. I threw out a bunch of junk food last night so I don't have as many temptations lol. Had a low fat banana yogurt for breakfast. Going shopping after work to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies! I can do this!

Yum, I love sugar, I have a wicked sweet tooth. I found these baked crisps by Pepperidge farm that are cinnamon sugar flavoured, only 4 calories each. I grab a few and it helps the cravings.

I might have to check those out!

Might be a nice treat without overindulging.

Save the really good stuff for cruises...:D

What's your secret!?! ;)

Prior to starting the "diet" I was eating ALOT. A lot of junk food, a lot of garbage. I was using food as an emotional crutch. I would drink one litre (I think that's a quart) of sugary strawberry milk every morning to start off my day, and chase it down with a chocolate chip cookie loaded with M & M's (big one too). That was my breakfast. Usually fast food for lunch, McDonald's, Wendy's, etc. Then dinner was somewhat normal but after dinner was bad. Chocolate bars, fudge, chips, pizza, cheese buns. I was really pigging out.

So in Jan I decided to start eating healthy. Now I have a yogurt for breakfast, veggies or eggs for lunch and a lean sensible supper of meat and veggies. Strictly no carbs (except when I cheat lol).

I think the weight has come off so easily because I went from one extreme to the other. I'm sure the losses will slow down unfortunately.

Total loss now since starting is 9.5 pounds. :D

I've got another 10 to go before the end of Feb. Easy peasy.

I really should start exercising, I'm sure that would help too.

Awesome job, Kiddo!

I really advocate LC eating, but I still need to watch my portion sizes, and I tend to want to munch the whole time I am sitting at my desk at work. Luckily I can usually stay clear of sweets! I'm 6 lbs down from Christmas, but once again just bouncing the same few lbs around...:o

I see we'll both be getting out of the cold fairly soon! Yeah!!

Awesome job, Kiddo!

I really advocate LC eating, but I still need to watch my portion sizes, and I tend to want to munch the whole time I am sitting at my desk at work. Luckily I can usually stay clear of sweets! I'm 6 lbs down from Christmas, but once again just bouncing the same few lbs around...:o

I see we'll both be getting out of the cold fairly soon! Yeah!!

Congrats on the 6 lbs, that's great.

At work I drink diet iced tea and diet hot chocolate. I also suck on sugar free candies lol.

I fell off the wagon last week sigh. Gained a few back but deserved it. Bought 2 new dresses for formal nights and one is very fitted so I have to get cracking. This is a whole new week. Tomorrow morning before work I am going to throw a few chicken breasts in the crock pot with mexican seasoning so it all shreds up. Will have this to munch on. Yum.

I fell off the wagon last week sigh. Gained a few back but deserved it. Bought 2 new dresses for formal nights and one is very fitted so I have to get cracking. This is a whole new week. Tomorrow morning before work I am going to throw a few chicken breasts in the crock pot with mexican seasoning so it all shreds up. Will have this to munch on. Yum.

Are you back on the wagon?!? :p

I saw your dresses on your FB post..stunning!

Soon you'll be on your cruise and I'll be in Aruba!

Oh, happy days! :D

Are you back on the wagon?!? :p

I saw your dresses on your FB post..stunning!

Soon you'll be on your cruise and I'll be in Aruba!

Oh, happy days! :D

Sort of back on the wagon, but not completely there yet lol. Hope to start back strictly on Monday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Last November, the day we were flying out for our cruise, I passed out twice while getting ready. (I suffer from low potassium due to my illness). Anyway, I fell forward the first time in my closet and landed on a shelf/shoe rack and hurt my clavicle and cut open my forehead. For some STUPID reason I got up and walked into the bathroom and fell again, backwards and split my head open 4 inches on the counter and broke a couple ribs. So off to the hospital and we missed our flights. Luckily, we were for some strange reason flying in 2 days early, so we booked flights out for the next day against doctor's orders lol. I was a mess, went onboard in a wheelchair with very limited mobility. Anyway, the cruise helped me to heal and I had a great time. Ribs eventually healed end of December or so but unfortunately must have still been quite weak early January because I was throwing up and rebroke them sigh. But I'm a trooper and don't care much because I have a cruise soon!!!!! :D

Down 4.5 pounds total. 13 to go. Tried on all my shorts last night and I think my butt grew because NONE of them fit. UGH. So off I go to the mall today to buy the next size up.

Going out to dinner with my daughter tonight for Mexican and have been panicking looking at the menu trying to figure out what to eat that won't cause a gain. The salads are $17 a piece and I have a big problem paying that much for a flipping salad. Wish me luck!