23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Are you following a certain eating program, Peggy? The weight seems to be coming off quickly for you. I lost .6 of a pound for this week. I was pleased because we spent 3 days in Dallas in a hotel celebrating with David's high school class of 1964 for their 50th reunion. So a loss for the week was still close to a miracle. But even with no special occasions I average .5 to 1 lb a week on Weight Watchers. Doctor says that's perfect, but I'd prefer 2 lbs a week. BTW, I do Weight Watchers online so I have access anywhere, anytime. No meetings instead they have articles to read and forums to participate in discussions, if you want. It's very freeing actually. Congrats to all who noticed progress this week. I don't mind the work as long as I feel a healthy difference.

Nice to know that both your strategies are working. I have 2 months until the cruise so it may be time for me to start my 'lose to cruise' again. I don't really feel bad or unhealthy but I guess I would be a few Kgs over what I should be prior to a cruise. I will start next week Monday as a weigh in.:D

I don't know, Marsha. I've been struggling all summer. I'm just doing 1200 cal. a day. The key for me is working out at the gym. I did best during that time. But then I was eating more cal at certain times while my granddaughter was here and I gained a couple of pounds, then suddenly started losing. I figured I had increased my metabolism. Was surprised when I lost 2 more pounds. I am curious as to what will happen on the cruise. We are leaving for Florida on Tues. and sailing out of Rome on Nov. 1. I'm not taking my scale, so won't know for sure until I return home in March. But I am hoping that I can keep up the exercise. I don't really want to start over.

I don't know, Marsha. I've been struggling all summer. I'm just doing 1200 cal. a day. The key for me is working out at the gym. I did best during that time. But then I was eating more cal at certain times while my granddaughter was here and I gained a couple of pounds, then suddenly started losing. I figured I had increased my metabolism. Was surprised when I lost 2 more pounds. I am curious as to what will happen on the cruise. We are leaving for Florida on Tues. and sailing out of Rome on Nov. 1. I'm not taking my scale, so won't know for sure until I return home in March. But I am hoping that I can keep up the exercise. I don't really want to start over.

Wow, Hope it all goes well with the relocation to Florida and you then have a wonderful Cruise.:D

Well, weigh in was yesterday....I lost another .5 lb. I got in 4 walks for the wee @ 2.5-2.8 miles each. I'll continue on the course and hope that something will jumpstart a faster loss ratio! To date, I've lost 7.5 lbs since Sept 14. We leave on our next cruise on Nov 29 (flying into San Juan Puerto Rico on the 28th)

Well, weigh in was yesterday....I lost another .5 lb. I got in 4 walks for the wee @ 2.5-2.8 miles each. I'll continue on the course and hope that something will jumpstart a faster loss ratio! To date, I've lost 7.5 lbs since Sept 14. We leave on our next cruise on Nov 29 (flying into San Juan Puerto Rico on the 28th)

Couldn't you go the first 3 times?:eek:

Good work, keep it up and you will get to your goal.:D

Just popping in to say, Hi! Sounds like most everyone is doing well and gearing up for the next cruise.

We had a great time at Mackinac Island last week and thankfully the weather cooperated. We stopped at antique shops along the way up and back. Gained a couple of lbs and then lost it already...:p

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Oh, and BTW, I always seem to squeeze in a boat trip while on non-cruise vacations. Took a 40 minute ride on the ferry to and from the island. Which reminds me...I need to book my catamaran sailing for March! :cool:

Edited by bagelme

Just popping in to say, Hi! Sounds like most everyone is doing well and gearing up for the next cruise.

We had a great time at Mackinac Island last week and thankfully the weather cooperated. We stopped at antique shops along the way up and back. Gained a couple of lbs and then lost it already...:p

What do they sell in the antique shops that would make you gain a few pounds?:p

Glad you had a good time and have lost what you gained already.:D

Hi all, I've been very slack these past couple of weeks due to Canadian Thanksgiving and an early birthday pie. So I'm leaving today for Barcelona 2 lbs shy of my goal, oh well. Hopefully I'll walk my butt off in Spain and not gain much on the ship.

Bye for now!

That is sooo close to your goal....fantastic! So, you'll be on your cruise for your birthday? Have a great time! Fill us in when you get back. Gosh, I miss Barcelona! :D

Hi all, I've been very slack these past couple of weeks due to Canadian Thanksgiving and an early birthday pie. So I'm leaving today for Barcelona 2 lbs shy of my goal, oh well. Hopefully I'll walk my butt off in Spain and not gain much on the ship.

Bye for now!

Have a great trip.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Weighed in this morning, and I lost 1 lb this past week. That makes 10 lbs lost since Sept 14. I'm very pleased, mainly because I physically feel so much better. I'm cutting down on wheat products and not eating them after 3 pm in the afternoon. I didn't read or hear to do that...it's just from my thoughts on the subject of eating what's good for my body. So far, it works for me. I'm still getting in several 1 hour fast walks in a week. I'm sure it helps my metabolism. David made me buy Snickers to hand out for Halloween (because he knew we would have a lot left over). I didn't even try tasting one, so I'm proud of that too! He took the bag of leftovers and has hidden it somewhere in his office upstairs, I think. Fine with me because I'm an "Out of sight, out of mind" type snack eater. Hope everyone else has had a successful week. This is a "dangerous" time of year eating-wise. My cruise countdown is at 25 days. Carrying on and eating smart....

Marsha

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just back from a RC Caribbean cruise and am going through cruise withdrawal, next one isn't until February sigh. I gained quite a bit this cruise but am not too stressed about it, some of it I needed. The day we were supposed to leave I passed out and fell twice, broke a couple ribs, broke a bone in my sternum and split my head open. Went to the hospital and it was because my potassium was dangerously low. Everyone told me to stay home from the cruise but going was a great decision. I lazed around and ate and drank lots and took time to heal. Doing much better since home, still sore but improving. Can't believe Christmas is so close, where did time go?

Deanna....so sorry to hear about your fall and injuries! I'm glad you were able to make the cruise, and although somewhat more low key, I suspect, I hope it was very relaxing and healing for you. Hope you are feeling much better very soon!

Hi everyone, just back from a RC Caribbean cruise and am going through cruise withdrawal, next one isn't until February sigh. I gained quite a bit this cruise but am not too stressed about it, some of it I needed. The day we were supposed to leave I passed out and fell twice, broke a couple ribs, broke a bone in my sternum and split my head open. Went to the hospital and it was because my potassium was dangerously low. Everyone told me to stay home from the cruise but going was a great decision. I lazed around and ate and drank lots and took time to heal. Doing much better since home, still sore but improving. Can't believe Christmas is so close, where did time go?

Your story only reinforces my belief that cruise ships offer the best accommodations for an assisted living facility! I'm so glad it worked out for you. I know you are continuing to take it easy and February will be here before you know it!

Marsha

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

How are you feeling these days, Kiddo? Hope you are doing well. Ramping back up for the next cruise, where you'll be able to get away and thaw out from the cold weather. That's what I'm looking forward to.

Lots of get togethers and good stuff going on between now and the end of the year. Plus I go back to work PT on the 15th.

I won't talk about the weigh ins....no loss (but no gain!). Hoping to get very serious at the New Year to get in some further loss and break the plateau. It's just too much of a struggle over the Holidays, although I am more conservative in my choices than I used to be in the past.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves!

Pat

How are you feeling these days, Kiddo? Hope you are doing well. Ramping back up for the next cruise, where you'll be able to get away and thaw out from the cold weather. That's what I'm looking forward to.

Lots of get togethers and good stuff going on between now and the end of the year. Plus I go back to work PT on the 15th.

I won't talk about the weigh ins....no loss (but no gain!). Hoping to get very serious at the New Year to get in some further loss and break the plateau. It's just too much of a struggle over the Holidays, although I am more conservative in my choices than I used to be in the past.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves!

Pat

Hi Pat, I'm doing okay. I've been to see lots of doctors and have had lots of tests since I've been back, but things seem to be settling down now. I am holding my own for the time being. :)

Yes, I am definitely looking forward to our cruise in February, can't wait to escape winter. I have no idea why I live in Canada lol. I'm a warm weather kind of girl. Maybe one day we'll retire somewhere warm. The roll call for my Feb cruise is so quiet. Haven't really made any connections with people, and there isn't a group on the other site, so it's not the same. I guess Jon and I will have a quiet, romantic, "just the two of us" kind of cruise which is also nice.

Are you looking forward to going back to work on the 15th? I only work part time now too. I work Mon - Fri mornings only so have my afternoons free for errands and housework and getting dinner. I enjoy it.

I've been eating a lot lately, like a little piggy, but no gain or loss for me either. I agree the holidays is a hard time to lose. I hope to buckle down soon and shed 10 - 15 before the cruise in Feb.

I see you're going to Aruba. It is one of my fave Caribbean ports. Look up Trikes Aruba, we've done them twice and it was a total blast.

Hope everyone is doing well and booking cruises and losing weight.