23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Hi all, I'm still hear. I'm happy with my progress so far. I was hoping to lose 7 lbs at least before my trip to Oregon in August and I've done that. Still about 8 or so to go before my October cruise.

I hear you about the computer time. If it weren't for my dog, I'd never get away from it either. It's been really hot here and I had a weird thing with my eye (it's fine, saw doc and she said nothing to worry about) so haven't jogged in a couple of weeks. As soon as this heat wave passes I want to get back into it.

Mic does anybody else on your team score any goals? Or are you just a ball hog? ;):D:D

Also been meaning to ask you - what exactly is a "book crossing"? I see your posts on FB and wonder if it's a book club with a different name? Or do you exchange books? Looks like fun, regardless.

Glad to hear you are on track with your goal.

I don't score all the goals 17/24 (about 75%) but I am the lone striker so it is my job so to speak. I do set up most of the others though they lack composure in front of goal and tend to blaze away rather than just aiming at the goal.

Bookcrossing is not neccesarily a book club but we have gatherings and swap books. Go to www(dot)bookcrossing(dot)com and check it out. Basically we read a book and register it on the website, it gets a BC ID (book crossing identity) number and then we release it by swapping, giving it away, leaving it somewhere for someone to find, etc. It is free to join.

cheers mic:D

What is BookCrossing?

It's the World's Library. It's a smart social networking site. It's a celebration of literature and a place where books get new life. BookCrossing is the act of giving a book a unique identity so, as the book is passed from reader to reader, it can be tracked and thus connecting its readers. There are currently 1,213,327 BookCrossers and 10,381,336 books travelling throughout 132 countries. Our community is changing the world and touching lives one book at a time.

What's our mission?

Very simply, we aim to connect people through books.

Very cool. Unfortunately I've become a kindle addict so I wouldn't have any physical books to do this with.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Go to the first meet up in your area and you will get books that other people are releasing.:D

• 3 weeks later...

Was July 2 really the last post? That's sad guys, what happened to our support group lol. I'm not one to talk, I haven't been on since the end of June. I was on medical leave for a few weeks and stuck at home and not feeling up to doing much at all. I am now on new meds so hopefully they will help. I'm sad to report I've gained 8 pounds, weighing in at 128 now and really want to be 115. I fully deserve the gain though, these past weeks I have been eating like a real piggy, like eating so many bad, terrible things. Going through the drive through and getting burgers and fries for no apparent reason. I've been a bit bored and down lately and have been using food as a crutch to cheer me up. I have become obsessed with thinking about what I can have for lunch and dinner each day and really need to snap out of it and get back to the grind. How is everyone else doing?

Welcome back, I thought this thread was going the way of the dodo. I am glad you are feeling better now with the new meds. Don't worry about being 128, it is still very light and I am sure you will lose the bit you want with some better discipline on avoiding the burgers and fries and some exercise. I haven't been monitoring my weight as the clothes have been fitting well and my normal eating does not make me gain.

Rosie and I just did a very short cruise to nowhere out of Sydney, it was a 4 night Comedy Cruise on the Pacific Pearl which is a smaller older ship part of P&O Australia, we haven't sailed with them since 2002 as they can not really compete with Celebrity in terms of value and standards. We were pleasantly surprised that the standards have improved and as we got a last minute deal it was really really cheap. Lots of comedians doing sessions and workshops etc along with the normal singers and musicians you get on board and the food was good, it was a lot of fun despite the seas getting quite woolly (8 metre swells) towards the end. The ship felt really crowded at times but that is P&O.

Keep well and safe.

cheers mic:D

Okay, I'm baaacck! The grandkids are gone, the family is gone, the food is gone.The son got a job, so my stress is gone. I'm ready! I absolutely want to lose 24 pounds by my Transatlantic on Nov. 1. I have 12 and 1/2 weeks before we leave. I really did pretty well for the last 6 weeks when I just gave up trying to diet. I only gained 1 pound. But we were very active, so I know that is the key. So I'm weighing in every Monday. I've already started my program and I will start with walking 45 min. a day. I'm also going to be having physical therapy to strengthen my legs and help my knees.

Okay, I'm baaacck! The grandkids are gone, the family is gone, the food is gone.The son got a job, so my stress is gone. I'm ready! I absolutely want to lose 24 pounds by my Transatlantic on Nov. 1. I have 12 and 1/2 weeks before we leave. I really did pretty well for the last 6 weeks when I just gave up trying to diet. I only gained 1 pound. But we were very active, so I know that is the key. So I'm weighing in every Monday. I've already started my program and I will start with walking 45 min. a day. I'm also going to be having physical therapy to strengthen my legs and help my knees.

Good work, and now you have lots of time to really attack your goal with a good healthy eating plan and an exercise regime. good luck.:D

Very proud of you, Peggy! That's a great job!

Wishing I could get motivated. I've gained some weight, and I am not happy about it. Last year at this time, I was doing soooo good.

Get back into it and you can do well again. We know you can do it.:D

Get back into it and you can do well again. We know you can do it.:D

Thanks, Mic!

I need to come up with a new strategy (OR revisit one that's worked in the past)!

I've been a little hesitant about exercise because I took a tumble down a step last week and hurt my knees and one of my wrists. Just banged up good, but quite sore yet.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, Mic!

I need to come up with a new strategy (OR revisit one that's worked in the past)!

I've been a little hesitant about exercise because I took a tumble down a step last week and hurt my knees and one of my wrists. Just banged up good, but quite sore yet.

That is no good, perhaps just start on the healthy eating now and then the exercise when you are feeling better.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Sorry to hear about you fall, Pat. That does make it hard to exercise. I think I am motivated because I really want to lose before this cruise. I hope it works. I also want to be strong enough to be able to walk and do the tours we have signed up for.

keep that motivation up and keep it high and you will go a long way towards achieving your goal.:D

Thanks, Julie. Today is my weigh-in day. I lost 3 pounds! Have started doing physical therapy to strengthen legs and knees and have done all the exercises. I am sore, but using calories, so that is a good thing. I think I will be in good shape by the time of my cruise. Hope the rest of you are doing well.

Thanks, Julie. Today is my weigh-in day. I lost 3 pounds! Have started doing physical therapy to strengthen legs and knees and have done all the exercises. I am sore, but using calories, so that is a good thing. I think I will be in good shape by the time of my cruise. Hope the rest of you are doing well.

Well done, keep up the exercise, don't overdo it though.:D

Great job, Peggy...you are really on a roll!

Hi Julie! How goes the battle?

Started back on a strict regime today. Keeping a daily food journal and keeping things very low carb (Goodbye potato chips!).

I've been in "try not to gain" mode these last 2 weeks. I leave for Oregon next week. I've lost 9 lbs so far, which I'm pleased with for now. After Oregon I'm going to try to lose about 6 more. The jogging went out the window due to various physical problems. I'm hoping 12 days away from my computer will do my aches and pains a lot of good, so I can try again in the cooler fall weather. So I'll maintain my weight watchers account but it's inactive at the moment.

I've been in "try not to gain" mode these last 2 weeks. I leave for Oregon next week. I've lost 9 lbs so far, which I'm pleased with for now. After Oregon I'm going to try to lose about 6 more. The jogging went out the window due to various physical problems. I'm hoping 12 days away from my computer will do my aches and pains a lot of good, so I can try again in the cooler fall weather. So I'll maintain my weight watchers account but it's inactive at the moment.

Have fun in Oregon, are you going to visit kay and Mike while you are there?:D

Good for you, Pat. I write down everything I eat every day and the cal. I don't go over 1200. Julie, you are doing well. When you are traveling, just not gaining is the success story. That is the hardest time. I lost another pound, but it isn't weigh-in day. I just had to sneak a peek. ;) For me, exercise is the key. But the best news is the physical therapy and the exercises they have put me on is making my legs so much stronger. I can bend and run up and down the stairs....and it has only been 10 days since I began. I want to be able to walk and climb and not get tired when we are in Italy, France, Spain, etc. But it is all those sea days, I'll have to worry about. I could gain back all the weight....:eek:

Good for you, Pat. I write down everything I eat every day and the cal. I don't go over 1200. Julie, you are doing well. When you are traveling, just not gaining is the success story. That is the hardest time. I lost another pound, but it isn't weigh-in day. I just had to sneak a peek. ;) For me, exercise is the key. But the best news is the physical therapy and the exercises they have put me on is making my legs so much stronger. I can bend and run up and down the stairs....and it has only been 10 days since I began. I want to be able to walk and climb and not get tired when we are in Italy, France, Spain, etc. But it is all those sea days, I'll have to worry about. I could gain back all the weight....:eek:

Use the stairs on the ship, it has a multiple benefits:

1. exercise;
  2. avoiding viruses and illnesses that get passed on in enclosed spaces; and
  3. quite often quicker.

Edited by MicCanberra

Use the stairs on the ship, it has a multiple benefits:

1. exercise;
  2. avoiding viruses and illnesses that get passed on in enclosed spaces; and
  3. quite often quicker.

Yes, You are right. I have avoided them, but will make an effort. I also have never done the walking or fitness center on a cruise, but with a Transatlantic, I should have plenty of time for that. Now, the willpower.....

You guys need to be on here in Oct to give me last minute motivation. Is anyone else cruising in Oct or Nov? We have also just booked for a week in Dec, as well. Oh yes, that should be a dieter's dream-the week before Christmas!