23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Yes, You are right. I have avoided them, but will make an effort. I also have never done the walking or fitness center on a cruise, but with a Transatlantic, I should have plenty of time for that. Now, the willpower.....

You guys need to be on here in Oct to give me last minute motivation. Is anyone else cruising in Oct or Nov? We have also just booked for a week in Dec, as well. Oh yes, that should be a dieter's dream-the week before Christmas!

My next cruise is 15 Dec for 8 days so a pre-christmas blow-out may occur.:eek:

The only time I have been in a gym on a ship was when i was just looking around or wanted good views out of the front windows.:p

I leave oct 23 for Barcelona and the equinox TA. So I'll have just about 2 months after Oregon to try to lose 6 or 7 more lbs. The great thing about TAs is that you do walk a lot for those first few days so you probably won't gain as much as on a beachy cruise. I'm a big fan of the stairs, I try to avoid the elevators anytime I can. My other tiny trick is to eat minimal bread. I don't avoid it, but I don't go to town on it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On the sea days I do like to go for a bit of a walk around the promenade (if the ship has one) just to watch the ocean from differing angles and such, It si not like I ma doing laps or a brisk workout but it is still walking around for a while. Port days, depending on the excursion may have a lot of walking involved anyway.:D

You are all making me feel so cruise deprived...it's going to be so long until my time comes again. I can't wait to hear all about everyone's sailings, though.

So...my journal is working! Back to what I was a month ago, so that is progress. Much more work to do. I'll keep at it!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

You are all making me feel so cruise deprived...it's going to be so long until my time comes again. I can't wait to hear all about everyone's sailings, though.

So...my journal is working! Back to what I was a month ago, so that is progress. Much more work to do. I'll keep at it!

Good work, in the mean time you can live vicariously through other people's cruises, that is what I do.:D

Lost 2 pounds for a total of 5 in two weeks. Just made our final payment on our Nov. 1 TA. I'm hoping to lose 15 to 20 more pounds before then.

Good luck, keep at it and you can reach your goal.

I haven't been watching my weight or doing anything special like exercising more than usual however, I have been doing plenty of work around the house with bathroom renovations and also helping my son settle into his new house. weighed in this week and realised I have dropped 2kgs in the last 6 weeks. :D

Movement is the key.:D

Good luck, keep at it and you can reach your goal.

I haven't been watching my weight or doing anything special like exercising more than usual however, I have been doing plenty of work around the house with bathroom renovations and also helping my son settle into his new house. weighed in this week and realised I have dropped 2kgs in the last 6 weeks. :D

Movement is the key.:D

Losing without even trying. Wish I had that metabolism.

Lost 2 pounds for a total of 5 in two weeks. Just made our final payment on our Nov. 1 TA. I'm hoping to lose 15 to 20 more pounds before then.

Keep it going...you're doing great!

Oops, sorry! :o I didn't mean it like that, I hope you know! ;)

No harm, I knew what you meant, but distraction can often by a good thing when trying to lose. Sometimes the more you think about it , the harder it becomes.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

I sure agree with that! And also, in regard to distractions...remember "idle hands are the work of the devil" (OR of the person who has too much time on their hands, and therefore overeats!) LOL!

I sure agree with that! And also, in regard to distractions...remember "idle hands are the work of the devil" (OR of the person who has too much time on their hands, and therefore overeats!) LOL!

Yes, I find myself snacking, if I am bored or just sitting around watching movies/tv.:eek:

I agree about not thinking about it. The more you think about being on a diet, the hungrier you get. I also agree that activity is the key. Remodeling a bathroom is a definite way to lose weight! I've been trying to just write down what I eat and when I reach 1200 cal. I stop, but the real key is exercising. Sometimes that is really hard for me.

I heard something this week about losing weight which sounded really simple and it is true. It basically said that 'we all know how easy it is to lose weight, it is putting it into practice is the really hard part'.

So Motivation is what gets us to do it. Do not think about the task of losing weight but the goal or the achievement. It could be anything like wearing that particular outfit/swimsuit/whatever again or being able to walk up 100 stairs without stopping half way or whatever.

The weight loss will be the side effect of the acheivement.:D

I agree about not thinking about it. The more you think about being on a diet, the hungrier you get. I also agree that activity is the key. Remodeling a bathroom is a definite way to lose weight! I've been trying to just write down what I eat and when I reach 1200 cal. I stop, but the real key is exercising. Sometimes that is really hard for me.

Keeping a journal is key for me...it keeps me accountable. I had forgotten how much it helps me. Haven't faithfully done it in 10 yrs, which is when I lost over 50 lbs.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Next week I start fulltime hrs, but only for 2 or 3 weeks. Then about a month after that work will end and start a 2 month break.

Keeping a journal is key for me...it keeps me accountable. I had forgotten how much it helps me. Haven't faithfully done it in 10 yrs, which is when I lost over 50 lbs.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Next week I start fulltime hrs, but only for 2 or 3 weeks. Then about a month after that work will end and start a 2 month break.

Do what works for you.

Have a great weekend everyone:D

Hi everyone. My 2 weeks vacation from the office is over. I'm still on medical leave from the bank though, at least til the end of August. I am still using food as an emotional crutch and pigging out on junk food. I'm getting depressed about the weight gain but plan to put a solid diet and exercise plan into place after the long weekend in Sept.

I lost one pound this week. I know why I did not lose more, since I ate at a wonderful Mexican restaurant, so I won't do that next week. Lost a total of 6 pounds in 3 weeks so it is a good average.

Good luck Pat and Deanna. I think you will do great on your plans.

Edited by Honeybearhollow

Lost less than a pound this week. I was disappointed because I did everything right. Oh well. I'll just keep at it. I will try increasing my walking and cutting alcohol. I am getting stronger.

Sometimes you can do things too right. Dr Oz had a theory that you should have a "Faturday", where you can eat some of the foods you love (without going overboard of course) once a week. Keeps the metabolism revved.

I'm weighing in tomorrow after my vacation in Oregon. We were very active so I'm hoping to have stayed close to where I left off, despite the extra alcohol. ;)

I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time Deanna. I hope things turn around real soon for you.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app