23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Nice work, Yes, the regular cruising is a great incentive to keep looking good and losing weight but it is also the cause of why we gain weight in the first place. Catch 22.:p

Yes...also very true! :eek::confused:

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

:eek:

I suppose that's true but I still stand by my scientific theory (cough) that a trip every 4-6 months is good for the waistline. ;)

I know for me personally, I don't gain much on a cruise. I tend to walk a LOT when I'm on vacations, so it evens out. It's the long boring winter months and evil holidays that do me in. Having a cruise booked for May should help keep me more on track over the winter. I know I'll be walking my petunia off on the 2nd leg of my B2B so I won't have to worry about calories there. And I won't want to put my camera down long enough to eat on the Fjords cruise. :p

I suppose that's true but I still stand by my scientific theory (cough) that a trip every 4-6 months is good for the waistline. ;)

I know for me personally, I don't gain much on a cruise. I tend to walk a LOT when I'm on vacations, so it evens out. It's the long boring winter months and evil holidays that do me in. Having a cruise booked for May should help keep me more on track over the winter. I know I'll be walking my petunia off on the 2nd leg of my B2B so I won't have to worry about calories there. And I won't want to put my camera down long enough to eat on the Fjords cruise. :p

Just goes to show that we are different, for me it is the cruises that blow my weight. too much good food and drink and not enough exercise, but hey that is why it is a vacation.:D

Yes, Rosie has been trying to book so many already. I don't think we are going to fully retire just yet though. Roise turns 50 soon, so it would be a long time retired but a few years off and then some part time or casual work may be what she wants to do.

As for me, I think I would like to do all the trips so working until I cannot may be required.:D

What! I won't be 50 for more than six months yet!

Thanks for all the nice wishes everyone, I only have a few weeks of work left, then I'll be retired. Can't wait :)

I agree with you, Julie! For me, though...it may not be so good for the waistline, but I just so need it to keep my sanity....:eek: I absolutely need something to plan toward. That's why today I am bummed that my friend couldn't commit to the Oct. Bermuda sailing I was so hoping for. I may have to put my thinking cap on....there are just too, too many Celebrity and RC sales and deals going on, tempting me! I better put a lid on my enthusiasm today, though...we have a company coming out to check out our water pump, as we had no water this morning!

In regard to news on the scale: No movement this week.

Pat :)

Lost a little over a pound this week. My slow jog is up to 20 minutes now, I'm pleased with my progress. Never thought I could do even 5 minutes! Today it's been pouring rain and windy, so neither I or my poor dog is getting a walk in. :(

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lost a little over a pound this week. My slow jog is up to 20 minutes now, I'm pleased with my progress. Never thought I could do even 5 minutes! Today it's been pouring rain and windy, so neither I or my poor dog is getting a walk in. :(

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Do a work out while doing some house work or chase the dog around the house or have the dog chase you around the house.:p

I stopped weighing again. :( I have a house full of company and that is always bad for me. I don't want to feel guilty or be discouraged. I will start again when they leave. Cruising is definitely a problem for me. I always gain-a lot. :eek: I'm not good with temptation. However, I usually lose about 20 pounds before I go. Winters in Florida are also a bad time for me because we tend to eat out a lot. I do well at home, as long as I don't have company, because I don't buy food I can't have and I don't mind staying on a program. I guess my real problem is that I don't spend enough time at home. :D

I stopped weighing again. :( I have a house full of company and that is always bad for me. I don't want to feel guilty or be discouraged. I will start again when they leave. Cruising is definitely a problem for me. I always gain-a lot. :eek: I'm not good with temptation. However, I usually lose about 20 pounds before I go. Winters in Florida are also a bad time for me because we tend to eat out a lot. I do well at home, as long as I don't have company, because I don't buy food I can't have and I don't mind staying on a program. I guess my real problem is that I don't spend enough time at home. :D

Well I hope you can have a nice time with your visitors and not gain to much. Life is all about living and if dieting becomes too hard and takes all the fun out of living, then maybe it is time for a break. Good luck.:D

Hello All,

Gained 1 lb this week....still fluctuating between a couple of lbs. I've been trying to keep to fresh salads and grilled meats as much as possible. My problem, now that I'm back to work, is I want to nibble the whole time. I try to only have a few nuts or a little fruit to keep me going...no sweet, no chips! As usual, my issue is getting moving more. Some more walking is in order, but I'm feeling a bit of strain yet in both my knees from all my climbing in the Med. The weather here has been nice...so no excuses there. Wish I was younger, fitter and more motivated like my daughter, who has now lost over 60 lbs. She did another 5K yesterday, and is now doing kick boxing sessions...I give her a lot of credit!

It sounds like everyone is doing well, and enjoying themselves. I'm glad to hear that!

I finally broke my plateau!! I am down 2.5 pounds and thrilled. Reached my pre cruise weight goal and now just working to get the last ten off. Couldn't be happier, here's to hoping the loss continues.

Good to hear you have reached one of your goals. Don't get too thin though as your body needs a bit of a reserve to cover for illness.:D

Hello All,

Gained 1 lb this week....still fluctuating between a couple of lbs. I've been trying to keep to fresh salads and grilled meats as much as possible. My problem, now that I'm back to work, is I want to nibble the whole time. I try to only have a few nuts or a little fruit to keep me going...no sweet, no chips! As usual, my issue is getting moving more. Some more walking is in order, but I'm feeling a bit of strain yet in both my knees from all my climbing in the Med. The weather here has been nice...so no excuses there. Wish I was younger, fitter and more motivated like my daughter, who has now lost over 60 lbs. She did another 5K yesterday, and is now doing kick boxing sessions...I give her a lot of credit!

It sounds like everyone is doing well, and enjoying themselves. I'm glad to hear that!

Moving is the key, more movement burns more calories so if the intake remains the same you will lose some of the weight or at least tone up.

No goals this week, had a tough 0-0 draw. Season is shaping up nicely (7 games in, 8 more to go) to get us into the finals.:D

Doing well with it, have lost 4 pounds and have 6 to go to reach my ultimate goal. couldn't be happier that I finally broke the plateau. Have a good weekend everyone. Stay healthy.

That is great news, Deanna!!

Good for you!

Maybe there is hope for the rest of us yet! :D

• 2 weeks later...

feeling great despite the weather, 4 degrees playing soccer this morning and raining, very cold and damp. Scored 5 goals though in a 6 to 2 scoreline, so it looks like it was worse for the other team. rugged up now and looking forward to a nice warm bed.:D

Well aren't we the quiet ones. Hope everyone is doing well. I see Mic is still busy scoring goals. :D

I'm afraid there's no good news on the home front...if anything I've gained a couple of pounds. Disappointing, but I haven't had enough activity lately, I guess. Must be time to break out the Richard Simmons again! :eek: Sitting in front of a computer at work for hours at a time sure isn't working!

Well aren't we the quiet ones. Hope everyone is doing well. I see Mic is still busy scoring goals. :D

I'm afraid there's no good news on the home front...if anything I've gained a couple of pounds. Disappointing, but I haven't had enough activity lately, I guess. Must be time to break out the Richard Simmons again! :eek: Sitting in front of a computer at work for hours at a time sure isn't working!

Yes, very quiet. Get physical and keep moving.

Rosie retired today, she is over the moon and will devote herself to doing whatever she wants now. She plans on losing some weight as well.:D

Yes, very quiet. Get physical and keep moving.

Rosie retired today, she is over the moon and will devote herself to doing whatever she wants now. She plans on losing some weight as well.:D

Awesome! Go Rosie! It may take a little while for it to sink in. It took me a good year to really unwind and adapt to a new life style. I enjoy it and appreciate it more every day!

Oh, and "get physical"?....maybe I'd be better off breaking out my ONJ album! :p

Awesome! Go Rosie! It may take a little while for it to sink in. It took me a good year to really unwind and adapt to a new life style. I enjoy it and appreciate it more every day!

Oh, and "get physical"?....maybe I'd be better off breaking out my ONJ album! :p

Yeah, Grease is the word in Xanadu.:p

Hi all, I'm still hear. I'm happy with my progress so far. I was hoping to lose 7 lbs at least before my trip to Oregon in August and I've done that. Still about 8 or so to go before my October cruise.

I hear you about the computer time. If it weren't for my dog, I'd never get away from it either. It's been really hot here and I had a weird thing with my eye (it's fine, saw doc and she said nothing to worry about) so haven't jogged in a couple of weeks. As soon as this heat wave passes I want to get back into it.

Mic does anybody else on your team score any goals? Or are you just a ball hog? ;):D:D

Also been meaning to ask you - what exactly is a "book crossing"? I see your posts on FB and wonder if it's a book club with a different name? Or do you exchange books? Looks like fun, regardless.