23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

You're all doing so well, way to go! Marsha how great to come home lighter gain when you left! (I consider your second weight the true one, I think you have to give yourself a few days to get rid of all the extra salt.)

I lost a half lb last week but I'm not optimistic for tomorrow. Had a fun weekend with some friends from out of town, which of course involved food and Martinis. :)

Meanwhile my dog has lost about 6 lbs since May, I want to know her secret! ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Good Morning All!

I'm soooo happy to hear everyone's stories. Everyone seems content, accomplished and active. Although, I've been quiet about it, because I've had so many ups and downs (I mean, come on, how many times can you lose the same pound??), I have dropped 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I can feel a big different and so want to make more consistant progress. :)

I did have a bump in road this week...as I was very ill the past four days. Today is the first I've felt myself. It was a very strange virus as all I had was severe temperature fluctuation, going from drenched with sweat for hrs and then bundled up and shaking for the next few hrs. This went on for all four days, and I wasn't throwing up but felt somewhat nauseous, NO appetite, and absolutely no energy...total fatigue and wanted to just sleep. Finally feel better today, so I don't know what's going around with the crazy up and down weather we've been having in the Midwest. Last week it was the coldest early Sept. in over a hundred years. Here we go again!!! :eek:

Keep Happy and Healthy!

Good Morning All!

I'm soooo happy to hear everyone's stories. Everyone seems content, accomplished and active. Although, I've been quiet about it, because I've had so many ups and downs (I mean, come on, how many times can you lose the same pound??), I have dropped 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks. I can feel a big different and so want to make more consistant progress. :)

I did have a bump in road this week...as I was very ill the past four days. Today is the first I've felt myself. It was a very strange virus as all I had was severe temperature fluctuation, going from drenched with sweat for hrs and then bundled up and shaking for the next few hrs. This went on for all four days, and I wasn't throwing up but felt somewhat nauseous, NO appetite, and absolutely no energy...total fatigue and wanted to just sleep. Finally feel better today, so I don't know what's going around with the crazy up and down weather we've been having in the Midwest. Last week it was the coldest early Sept. in over a hundred years. Here we go again!!! :eek:

Keep Happy and Healthy!

Glad you are feeling better again. I think you guys are in for another bad long winter according to the forecasts, hope all stay safe and manage to get away for some sun at one stage or another.:D

Pat, sorry you were ill. It is not my favorite way to lose weight. But it sounds like you are doing pretty good. Deanna, all I can say is, I really feel so much better with the exercising. It is harder for me to do it at home by myself. I like going to the gym. Only problem is, I have to drive 45 minutes each way up and down the mountain. I have to force myself to exercise, but I am so happy that I am doing it. Marsha, I'm proud of you. I'm sure I will always gain weight on cruises. We have the 15 day TA and we have also booked a week long Caribbean in Dec. Looks like next year is going to be one long diet. I am worried about losing this week. We celebrated Bob's birthday on Wednesday and went to a party tonight. :eek:

Pat, sorry you were ill. It is not my favorite way to lose weight. But it sounds like you are doing pretty good. Deanna, all I can say is, I really feel so much better with the exercising. It is harder for me to do it at home by myself. I like going to the gym. Only problem is, I have to drive 45 minutes each way up and down the mountain. I have to force myself to exercise, but I am so happy that I am doing it. Marsha, I'm proud of you. I'm sure I will always gain weight on cruises. We have the 15 day TA and we have also booked a week long Caribbean in Dec. Looks like next year is going to be one long diet. I am worried about losing this week. We celebrated Bob's birthday on Wednesday and went to a party tonight. :eek:

You will be right, I hope Bob had a nice birthday as well.:D

Haven't reported in this week because I did not have the courage to weigh. I will weigh in Monday. Have the granddaughter here and we have been doing things and eating out. I have no resistance to temptation so I avoid knowing. :o She goes home on the weekend, so I will do much better next week. The good news is that I am still exercising. We went to Carlsbad Caverns today and I had no problem walking and keeping up with a teenager, so that is a good thing.

Haven't reported in this week because I did not have the courage to weigh. I will weigh in Monday. Have the granddaughter here and we have been doing things and eating out. I have no resistance to temptation so I avoid knowing. :o She goes home on the weekend, so I will do much better next week. The good news is that I am still exercising. We went to Carlsbad Caverns today and I had no problem walking and keeping up with a teenager, so that is a good thing.

:thumbup: on the walking!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Hi...how was everyone's weekend?

We are having lovely weather here in IL....love my Fall temps and colors! :)

Sat., Don and I went to Oktoberfest and had a fun time...third year we've gone to this particular Fest. About the only time you'll see me drink beer...have to have a dark beer...Prost!...along with my Roast Pork and Red Cabbage. (Nix on the apple strudel...I was a good girl!).

Been reluctant to say (jinx!), but I've now lost 12 lbs over the past six weeks. Still have 4 lbs to go to pre-Hawaii weight, though. After that, it's pure overall progress.

Done with work for a couple of months again....yeah. Time to play...LOL! :D

Well, I weighed. I was surprised that I only gained two pounds from my week with a teenager. So I'm back on my program. Had my double flu shot yesterday and it made me so sick. I'm still feeling bad. I guess the flu is worse, though.

Hope you feel better soon, it will be worth not catching the flu though.:D

There is really such a thing as a road runner? I thought that was just the Bugs Bunny cartoons lol. I'm going to google it now haha. Still not exercising, well I've been for 2 walks but I don't find walking does much at all.

Yes, they look similar in shape although much smaller, they are only about 1 to 1 1/2 foot tall and bland beige/brown colouring

Ps this is not my photo..

560890274_roadrunner.jpg.a7a61df6c910d4141ff1053e4677eaf1.jpg

Edited by MicCanberra

Hi...how was everyone's weekend?

We are having lovely weather here in IL....love my Fall temps and colors! :)

Sat., Don and I went to Oktoberfest and had a fun time...third year we've gone to this particular Fest. About the only time you'll see me drink beer...have to have a dark beer...Prost!...along with my Roast Pork and Red Cabbage. (Nix on the apple strudel...I was a good girl!).

Been reluctant to say (jinx!), but I've now lost 12 lbs over the past six weeks. Still have 4 lbs to go to pre-Hawaii weight, though. After that, it's pure overall progress.

Done with work for a couple of months again....yeah. Time to play...LOL! :D

Well done, and Prost!:D

There is really such a thing as a road runner? I thought that was just the Bugs Bunny cartoons lol. I'm going to google it now haha. Still not exercising, well I've been for 2 walks but I don't find walking does much at all.

Yes. They are our state bird :D, very common in our desert. They are very fast. We had a family of them when we lived in Las Cruces, but we don't have them in the mountains.

Yes. They are our state bird :D, very common in our desert. They are very fast. We had a family of them when we lived in Las Cruces, but we don't have them in the mountains.

Coyotes got them all when they stopped using the ACME products?:p

Very pleased to report that I lost 3 pounds, so I guess there is such a thing as a metabolism boost. :D Everyone should be happy to hear that. Wow, am I ever going to boost my metabolism on the Transatlantic cruise.:rolleyes: So I have lost 14 pounds total in (I think) 10 weeks and a total of 26 pounds since March. Here's hoping I won't have to start over again when I get back next March. I still have 2 weeks left, so hope I lose another pound or two.

Very pleased to report that I lost 3 pounds, so I guess there is such a thing as a metabolism boost. :D Everyone should be happy to hear that. Wow, am I ever going to boost my metabolism on the Transatlantic cruise.:rolleyes: So I have lost 14 pounds total in (I think) 10 weeks and a total of 26 pounds since March. Here's hoping I won't have to start over again when I get back next March. I still have 2 weeks left, so hope I lose another pound or two.

Well done, I am pleased for you. Enjoy the cruise and don't stress, that is what cruising is all about, losing the everyday tensions, relaxing and having a great time.:D

You're awesome, Peggy! Great job being super-grandmom with the teen. Sounds like you've got everything under control. I'm still following Weight Watchers eating plan and have lost 7.5 lbs since returning from the last cruise (Sept 14). The difference in following Weight Watchers this time is in preparing everything fresH

Not using processed foods. I even make my own salad dressings! Time consuming, but everything has such a fantastic flavor!

Keep up the good work!

Marsha

You're awesome, Peggy! Great job being super-grandmom with the teen. Sounds like you've got everything under control. I'm still following Weight Watchers eating plan and have lost 7.5 lbs since returning from the last cruise (Sept 14). The difference in following Weight Watchers this time is in preparing everything fresH

Not using processed foods. I even make my own salad dressings! Time consuming, but everything has such a fantastic flavor!

Keep up the good work!

Marsha

Good to hear you are doing well as well, fresh food is the best.:D