23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

I can not believe it.

Some friend (nameless for now) of ours living in the Northern hemisphere where it is summer, decided to nominate Rosie and I for the Ice bucket challenge (in our winter). What were they thinking?:eek: and I have hardly any fat to keep me warm.

Luckily, I am such a strong, young, fun guy, I don't mind :cool: as it is a good cause :Dbut if I ever meet this friend again face to face, there will be words, very strong words and they will owe us a drink each at least.;)

Up one pound, I'll take it for post vacation. Now I have to find the motivation to try to lose a bit more before my October cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

A great job...good for you!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

I can not believe it.

Some friend (nameless for now) of ours living in the Northern hemisphere where it is summer, decided to nominate Rosie and I for the Ice bucket challenge (in our winter). What were they thinking?:eek: and I have hardly any fat to keep me warm.

Luckily, I am such a strong, young, fun guy, I don't mind :cool: as it is a good cause :Dbut if I ever meet this friend again face to face, there will be words, very strong words and they will owe us a drink each at least.;)

"Like" :D

:eek::eek::eek::D

Sorry Mate, didn't even occur to me that it's winter over there!

Yes folks, I'm the evil nominator...

How could you!?! :eek: I'm shivering right now just thinking about it!

Oh please, the Saturday high is 16C, that's not winter! ;)

I'd be wearing T-shirts in that temperature! :)

It is Spring here in 3 days time, so you are very lucky. It was around 11C at the time of the dunk.

Challenge was completed and while it was quite a shock despite knowing it was coming it was brief, and a quick warm shower did the trick.;)

I agree, was more the shock of the water than the cold. Hey, last week I was walking barefoot in glacial water trying to get a picture of a waterfall. Now THAT was cold!

Frigid even:rolleyes:

Saw your pictures of the dunk, Mic. Thanks for sharing. You did look a bit cold. Julie, I can't believe you only gained a pound on vacation. That is very good. I agree about the raise your metabolism bit. When dieting we can slow it down. I'm not too worried because with all the exercise, I have firmed up and I am wearing a size smaller pants, so I'm hoping I am creating muscle.

Saw your pictures of the dunk, Mic. Thanks for sharing. You did look a bit cold. Julie, I can't believe you only gained a pound on vacation. That is very good. I agree about the raise your metabolism bit. When dieting we can slow it down. I'm not too worried because with all the exercise, I have firmed up and I am wearing a size smaller pants, so I'm hoping I am creating muscle.

Toning up is good as even if the weight doesn't drop, your clothes size will.:D

Good morning everyone. Mic, congrats on doing the ice bucket challenge, good for you. Hope everyone has a great long weekend. I plan to pig out before my very strict diet starts Tuesday.

Thanks,

You have a great weekend as well.:D

Hope you guys are all well. It is quiet over here.

I lost 1 1/2 pounds this week for a total of 8 pounds in 5 weeks. I have 7 weeks to go before we leave for our cruise. Not as much as I was hoping before this cruise, but it will help. And most of all, with physical therapy and exercise, I am so much stronger. I plan to keep up my exercises on ship. I have never done that before.

Hope you guys are all well. It is quiet over here.

I lost 1 1/2 pounds this week for a total of 8 pounds in 5 weeks. I have 7 weeks to go before we leave for our cruise. Not as much as I was hoping before this cruise, but it will help. And most of all, with physical therapy and exercise, I am so much stronger. I plan to keep up my exercises on ship. I have never done that before.

Well done and I am sure you can keep it up on the ship as well. Think of the rewards.:D

Good morning everyone. Well, the long weekend is over and I officially started my diet. Went shopping yesterday and picked up lots of good fruits and veggies and lean meats. And I am thrilled to report I am down 4.5 pounds so far. I still have quite a ways to go to fit into my cruise clothes and only have 2 months to do it but I am determined.

Hello everyone! I'm glad that everyone is doing so well. Good diet plans in place and cruise planning going on....that's always so exciting!

The news on my side of the street is pretty HO-HUM. I did lose the few lbs that I gained earlier this summer, but haven't made real progress since then. I keep bouncing the same couple lbs back and forth. I've made a real strong effort to eat only healthy items, and very few indulgences at all. I envy those who can excercise consistantly. Lately, I can barely get up off my chair without very bad knee pain. It hasn't gotten bad enough to convince me to go to the orthopedic surgeon yet...I already know what he will say...Either another round of joint fluid injections (one per week for six weeks)or just go for the total knee replacement. I really, really don't want that surgery again...been there, done that!

I'm sorry...I forgot to invite you to my pity party!

I know, Mic....just keep moving! :)

Pat, I do understand. Knee pain is one of the reasons for my going to physical therapy. The therapist told me, "motion is lotion". I'm afraid I still will need the shot. Were you happy with yours? I've heard some stories. The Rheumatologist wanted me to try therapy first and I will have bunches of x-rays next week, so he will know what to do. But you have been dealing with yours for a while, so you've probably already been through all of this. He also has given me Celebrex and Voltaren. Haven't used those yet, because of the side effects. But the therapy has helped my strength so much and I am so much more flexible. And I am walking a half hour a day now, in addition to all my exercises. If I don't do this, I will gain so much weight on the cruise (15 days) and in Florida. :eek: I am really going to try not to do that this year. I also lost weight when I came home in March, so I have lost at least 21 pounds since March, maybe more (because I didn't weigh for a while. :o )

Edited by Honeybearhollow

I don't know if you are near a pool or other type of watery area but I have heard that water aerobics is really good for both the movement and pressure on the joint without the weight on the joint that causes the pain. Might be worth a shot.:D

Yes, that is a good option, especially since I love the pool.

My work hours haven't coordinated well with the gym's hours this summer, but I'll soon be done with work for awhile. :thumbup: