Best underwater camera?

For my last cruise (7 Day Western Caribbean, 3 long months ago! :( ) I got the Panasonic Lumix TS4 and I have been very happy with it. It was discounted as the TS5 were coming out soon, but you may still be able to find discounted TS4's?

Here is a pic from Belize as a sample. Original Size is normally 4 meg, but it had to be reduced to attach here.

Mark

1105306734_P1000193Resized.jpg.2866dabb052da0b1b53b47446f2b6360.jpg

I must say, that the biggest reason we picked the Canon D10 was that it took the same battery as my current Canon camera and was similar to use. I didn't want to have to learn a whole new camera.

Like I also said, my only problem is that I wear glasses, so the actual taking of underwater pics is a little problematic for me since I can't read any of the settings under water and have no clue what I'm taking a picture of. Other than that small detail, it really is a great camera.

I wear a pair of disposable contacts when I snorkel. I toss them once I'm out of the water.

I've considered the prescription goggles, but I probably don't go snorkling enough to make it worthwhile for me. It worked out well on the last two cruises just putting my daughter in charge of underwater videos and pics. Not sure what I'll do when she finally decides she is too old to cruise with us.

At least one other redeeming thing about a water-proof camera is if you are out in the rain you don't have to worry about it getting ruined.

I was able to remove the bows from an old pair of glasses and fit them inside my goggles. Not my current Rx but close enough and cheaper than Prescription goggles.

I was able to remove the bows from an old pair of glasses and fit them inside my goggles. Not my current Rx but close enough and cheaper than Prescription goggles.

Brilliant!!!!! I have several old pair of glasses!! Never occurred to me to try to do what you did. I did try my regular glasses on with the mask and that didn't work.

Unfortunately, I had just bought a new panoramic mask and a new underwater camera. I didn't realize I wasn't going to be able to see the LCD screen. :eek:

Cheers and thanks!

Denise

Archived