How long do the evening production shows run for on a ship?

I'm looking at a Cruise Compass from Enchantment from May of this year. I was wondering if the same shows are going to still be in production when we go in July? How many days / months or whatever do ships typically run their shows for? Or do they change them out often? Thanks :)

I'm looking at a Cruise Compass from Enchantment from May of this year. I was wondering if the same shows are going to still be in production when we go in July? How many days / months or whatever do ships typically run their shows for? Or do they change them out often? Thanks :)

Main production shows are very expensive to change and run 5 to 10 years.

Years?!? Wow! I guess I don't have to worry about missing that show I saw in the Compass that looked good. Thank you- I knew I could count on CC :D

Remember, it's only the production shows (RC singers and dancers) that stay for years. The headliners (comedians, jugglers, ball twirlers, magicians, etc.) change almost every cruise.

Main production shows are very expensive to change and run 5 to 10 years.

The main shows like Chicago stay for years. The regular production shows on the other ships rotate aout every six months with the entertainment crew. How do I know? Two reasons, Tinker Bell the stage director on Explorer told us... and we also took three cruises in a year and never saw the same show.

The reason the main shows last for years is due to the cost (millions)...but also because the back drops can only be changed during dry dock. On board the ships, the backdrop scenery is all metal and weighs 2 tons. A rather elaborate mechanical system raises and lowers the panels. The Behind the Scenes tour is quite interesting if you ever get a chance to take that tour.

The main shows like Chicago stay for years. The regular production shows on the other ships rotate aout every six months with the entertainment crew. How do I know? Two reasons, Tinker Bell the stage director on Explorer told us... and we also took three cruises in a year and never saw the same show.

You sailed on three different ships in a year, you wouldn't see the same show since they are different ship to ship. We sailed on the Mariner, the same week two years in a row, and the production show was the exact same as it was the year before.

Archived