Liberty - aft pool (still?) adults only?

The Mister

I found something from prior to the 2.0 upgrades mentioning that the aft pool was adults only. However, I was unable to find anything to confirm or refute whether it still is. (I could *guess* that since 2.0 added Serenity areas separate from the pools, that the aft pool is now less restrictive, but I don't want to assume that and be wrong.)

I'm asking because DS8 is on the autism spectrum and therefore becomes easily overwhelmed in crowds (especially if there's little room to run) and HATES a lot of noise. The constant autitory bombardment of the main pool area would be too much for him. He will probably be able to handle *short* spans (especially since I'm sure he'll want to try the slide a few times), but I'd hate to push my luck and have to deal with a meltdown when one could be prevented.

What I'm getting at is, the aft pool is probably better *for him*, but at the same time I want to avoid - as much as possible :rolleyes: - upsetting people who go aft expecting to avoid children. I also don't want to break any rules if there are any.

As you can see below, we'll be going in late October, so there won't be many kids on anyway.

Thanks for any info you may have. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We leave next week and I can report a definite answer back to you when I return. From a lot of reading I have done on several boards they have all stated it is an adult pool but children are allowed to sit in chairs in that area. Apparently the pizza, fish and chips and ice cream are all located in that area so lots of kids around.

I was on the Liberty in April, and the aft pool is considered adults only. There is the pizza place back there, so there were some children around, but for the most part, it was kept pretty much adult.

Is your son looking for the pool? Or are you guys looking for a place that is not overwhelming to get some sun? There is a great deck that we utilized that very few people knew about/used. There were chairs up there, and you had a good view of the goings on on the lido deck. If you go up to the sports deck, to the basketball/vollyball courts, once you open the gate, there are stairs immediately to your left. There is hardly ever anybody up there (even on sea days... a few people come up, but not nearly as overwhelming as the lido deck.)

Hope you have fun on your cruise!

Yes, the pool is adults only. When I sailed the Liberty (Apr) it was always quiet / not crowded back there. I saw more adults sitting on the edge and not actually in the pool. Carnival pools are small and you're right, Oct should have fewer kids. Having said that, others aren't going to agree, but I personally could care less if your son got in that pool! I really think the only 'issue' you'd encounter is up in the serenity area. The Liberty is a great ship, have a fantastic cruise!

I'm asking because DS8 is on the autism spectrum and therefore becomes easily overwhelmed in crowds (especially if there's little room to run) and HATES a lot of noise. The constant autitory bombardment of the main pool area would be too much for him. He will probably be able to handle *short* spans (especially since I'm sure he'll want to try the slide a few times), but I'd hate to push my luck and have to deal with a meltdown when one could be prevented.

:)

Although the pizza and grill is located back there the adult area is blocks by a wooden type fence. It is for adults only. and you will be asked to take your child out of that area

Pools are not that large, and in my cruises I have not seen them overly crowded, (especially in late October)

the sports deck will be good for running around.

OK, then.

Ultimately, it probably won't be a big deal. There's still the slide, and there will be plenty of water activity in port. Beach at Coz, snorkeling after Bodden's zip at Roatan, and stingrays at Cayman. He just LOOOVES water. I swear, if he had gills...

Thanks. :)

I don't really understand. I thought that Liberty had a serenity deck added. So if this is correct then there is an entire deck for adults with whirlpools plus adults are designated the entire aft pool. That seems ridiculous. I mean it's Carnival, not HAL. Oh well, I too appreciate the info as I now know not to book this ship.

We love the aft pool on the Breeze and luckily families are allowed.

Just off the Liberty Saturday. The aft Lido pool is still adults only and there was never many people back there. The mid Lido pool was nearly always full of people when it wasn't raining. I did walk through the Serenity areas but didn't visit the pool since I was traveling with my kids.

Just off the Liberty Saturday. The aft Lido pool is still adults only and there was never many people back there. The mid Lido pool was nearly always full of people when it wasn't raining. I did walk through the Serenity areas but didn't visit the pool since I was traveling with my kids.

Also just off the Liberty this past Saturday and spent quite a bit of time at the

Aft pool and it is definitely an adult only pool. Didn't really see any kids back there other than if they were in the pizza line or late at night back where

the ice cream machine is. Did walk through Serenity but didn't really hang out

there. Main Lido pool was very crowded though.

Honestly if you son was in the serenity pool and not diving, splashing or jumping in repeatedly I wouldn't have an issue with him being in the pool at all. It's the obnoxious unsupervised kids that most people cringe about. On our April Breeze cruise it was awful with the amount of unruly kids in the pool. Security stepped in a few times but gotta love the buckets of beer and the loungers away from the pool area for the parents who got their break from their kid at the expense of everyone else. When will you be sailing? We are on the oct 12th sailing!

Use to be adults only, now days you will see all ages using the aft pool.

No.. It's adults only. Last cruise I saw 2 kids being asked to leave. They were with their parents and not causing any problems but the staff did tell the parents it was adults only.

Our DS (13) is also on the spectrum. He does pretty well on the Lido deck with just occasional meltdowns (fewer than when he was younger and a new cruiser).

This may not sound like a great answer, but it works for us: We rarely get off the ship in Jamaica or Progresso when he's traveling with us. Port days are GREAT for pool time - hardly any people during the day, very little noise, no one yelling at him for being slow on the slide, etc. Sometimes he's even had the pool totally to himself. It's fun for him - he can swim and slide to his heart's content and his Dad and I get to breathe a little, too.

You may not like missing some ports, but, again, this just works really well for us.

I hope that you all have a great cruise! Believe me - I understand the worry :)

I found something from prior to the 2.0 upgrades mentioning that the aft pool was adults only. However, I was unable to find anything to confirm or refute whether it still is. (I could *guess* that since 2.0 added Serenity areas separate from the pools, that the aft pool is now less restrictive, but I don't want to assume that and be wrong.)

What I'm getting at is, the aft pool is probably better *for him*, but at the same time I want to avoid - as much as possible :rolleyes: - upsetting people who go aft expecting to avoid children. I also don't want to break any rules if there are any.

As you can see below, we'll be going in late October, so there won't be many kids on anyway.

Thanks for any info you may have. :)

We've been on the Liberty twice. Although the pizza station is in that area, as well as a deli and a soft-serve ice cream machine, the Aft pool and hot tubs are for adults only. On our most recent cruise (this past May), a dad had his young daughter ( she was maybe 2 or 3 years old?) in the pool with him, and a security person told him children were not allowed in the pool. He took his daughter out and left. There is a small pool by the Camp Carnival area. Maybe you could make arrangements for your son to use that pool. Since you're cruising in late October, chances are there won't be many children on the ship, so the pool area by Camp Carnival will probably be fairly quiet and not crowded.

Our DS (13) is also on the spectrum. He does pretty well on the Lido deck with just occasional meltdowns (fewer than when he was younger and a new cruiser).

This may not sound like a great answer, but it works for us: We rarely get off the ship in Jamaica or Progresso when he's traveling with us. Port days are GREAT for pool time - hardly any people during the day, very little noise, no one yelling at him for being slow on the slide, etc. Sometimes he's even had the pool totally to himself. It's fun for him - he can swim and slide to his heart's content and his Dad and I get to breathe a little, too.

You may not like missing some ports, but, again, this just works really well for us.

I hope that you all have a great cruise! Believe me - I understand the worry :)

Thanks.:) That's actually our plan for Belize.

Although the pizza and grill is located back there the adult area is blocks by a wooden type fence. It is for adults only. and you will be asked to take your child out of that area

Pools are not that large, and in my cruises I have not seen them overly crowded, (especially in late October)

the sports deck will be good for running around.

I believe you're referring to the Serenity area, which is at the front of the ship. The OP was asking about the Aft pool area. Although the Serenity area is supposed to be for Adults only, we did see a woman with her young daughter in one of the hammocks. The daughter looked to be about 9 or 10 years old. I don't know if they were asked to leave, because we only saw them as we walked by.

OK, then.

Ultimately, it probably won't be a big deal. There's still the slide, and there will be plenty of water activity in port. Beach at Coz, snorkeling after Bodden's zip at Roatan, and stingrays at Cayman. He just LOOOVES water. I swear, if he had gills...

Thanks. :)

And thank you. Adults need areas child free, that's an option Carnival has provided for us.

I know one child who has special needs sounds harmless, but others will not see this. What others will see is a child there. This will make others say, well if that child is there, why can't mine be there too.

I agree with the above - one child with special needs (that are not visible) would lead others to believe that their children could also be there and then it is no longer an adults area. We seek those areas out and would be unhappy if they were not provided. I do like the suggestion of seeing if there was a way to accommodate your child's needs in the quieter pool near the kids program. I would not wait for the cruise - I'd contact Carnival's special needs department and see how they might best be able to help you. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

And thank you. Adults need areas child free, that's an option Carnival has provided for us.

I know one child who has special needs sounds harmless, but others will not see this. What others will see is a child there. This will make others say, well if that child is there, why can't mine be there too.

My thoughts exactly...

Archived