Coffee Reviews from Celebrity Millennium?

AZbyOR

Coming late to this thread, but I would definitely call the regular coffee available on any of the Celebrity ships we've been on "functional" at best.

I am not a coffee fanatic, but to me, the liquid they serve in the buffet area is at best brown, off tasting warm to hot water. It's better in blu. The best coffee is either at the elite breakfast (if you are eligible) or the bistro on 5/cafe at Bacio where you can ask for expresso or something made with expresso.

• 1 year later...

Just back from 12-day Dalmatian Coast cruise on the Constellation. Cafe Bacio were using UHT/LongLife milk (yuk), which gives coffee a horrible taste. I asked for them to make it on fresh milk and they did....the first time. Second time the waitress just looked at me blankly and said we don't use powdered milk. I tried to explain the difference but it was beyond her, so I gave up and drank it anyway. Very hit and miss affair. When I did get fresh milk, the coffee was excellent. Many of the service staff on this ship need some serious English training classes. Didn't have the same issues on Celebrity Eclipse last year though.

• 10 months later...

Glad to see that the coffee quality has improved since this thread began.

I see I am not the only one who enjoys my morning cup of coffee. :)

A couple of questions:

1) Is bringing your own tea bag and ordering hot water appropriate anywhere on the ship?

2) Is Stevia/Truvia available as a sweetener?

3) Are flavored creamers available or it just the standard choices of milk and half & half?

You can bring your own tea bags. You'll find hot water dispensers at the buffet.

Stevia is not among the choices of sweeteners offered. Bring your own if that is your preference.

There are no flavored creamers. If you want coffee with a shot of flavor, you can order an Americano at Cafe al Bacio where there are many liquid flavors which can be added.

You can bring your own tea bags. You'll find hot water dispensers at the buffet.

Stevia is not among the choices of sweeteners offered. Bring your own if that is your preference.

There are no flavored creamers. If you want coffee with a shot of flavor, you can order an Americano at Cafe al Bacio where there are many liquid flavors which can be added.

Thanks! :)

No, you can't get drip coffee at Cafe al Bacio. All of their coffee drinks start with espresso. The nearest thing to a cup of drip coffee is an Americano, which is espresso plus hot water.

The coffee in the buffet is brewed drip coffee, the brand is Lavazza. I don't find it to be horrible, but YMMV…..

No, you can't get drip coffee at Cafe al Bacio. All of their coffee drinks start with espresso. The nearest thing to a cup of drip coffee is an Americano, which is espresso plus hot water.

The coffee in the buffet is brewed drip coffee, the brand is Lavazza. I don't find it to be horrible, but YMMV…..

The coffee at the Cafe is fresh made individual servings with fresh grinded beans. The coffee in the buffet, used to be a liquid that had boiling water added to it. More like instant- regardless of the brand.

Big difference! Like comparing a TV dinner, to freshly prepared food.