MSC membership cards

eliopia

Hi Pete ... One of the customer service people on the last cruise told us that there were going to be changes made to the MSC Club, i noticed last week that they had removed the Priority boarding and a few other things.

I find it odd that my other half is the same level as me on Princess,Royal and NCL but not MSC! all because they refuse to split the onboard spend between couples.

Luckily I still get priority boarding That seems to be all that has changed since october this year

Here are lists of the benefits as in place in Pre Black card (2009), Just after introduction of Black cark (2010) last month (2013) and today (I've called 2014). You can see how they have been reduced over the last 4-5 years.

discounts on excursions was an early discard

The other cruise lines don't give points for on board spend so it's not really a fair comparison. But i do think they could split the spend , but you'd risk losing points eg $700 = 3 points:- 2 x $350 = 2 x 1 point; And as I've seen, just 2 weeeks ago one point can be very important

mscclub2009.jpg

msccub2010.jpg

mscclub2013.jpg

mscclub2014.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Luckily I still get priority boarding That seems to be all that has changed since october this year

Here are lists of the benefits as in place in Pre Black card (2009), Just after introduction of Black cark (2010) last month (2013) and today (I've called 2014). You can see how they have been reduced over the last 4-5 years.

discounts on excursions was an early discard

I visited one hotel where they had a tiered loyalty scheme - just for that hotel - where the highest level reward was having a tree planted in the grounds with a plaque with the guest's name on it. I thought the should have gone the whole hog and offered a full burial service with a tree on top.

MSC could offer something similar for their very highest new tier - ceremonial burial at sea with the Captain (or other senior officer) if you happen to pass away while on the cruise.

I still haven't received my Silver card. I wouldn't have even thought of it had it not been an email from MSC UK telling me that my Silver card was "on its way". Post Armonia, I will be Gold in time for MSC to move the goal posts further away for Black, whatever that will mean then.

I am still working out how I can combine MSC repo cruises to do a World cruise next 'season' all in an attempt to be Black.

Pete,

Thanks for posting the comparison. It is interesting to see how they have reduced the benefits. In my case I would like to have the discount for excursions back. It would be good if MSC offers also a free drinks social event for example for Gold and Black members. This is offered by Royal and Celebrity and it is a nice perk.

Ivonne

They already do a drinks reception for Club members which has free drinks. Don't bother going as I can get Prosecco free with Allegrissimo anyway.

I'm keen to find out more about this Platinum Level. Hopefully at well over 200 points I'll automatically qualify when it comes out. Best perk for me is the 20% discount on cruises followed by priority boarding and bubbly and chocolate strawberries! I'd be even happier if a higher category meant a higher cruise discount.

Think I'll pass on Tim's suggestion on a burial at sea!

They already do a drinks reception for Club members which has free drinks. Don't bother going as I can get Prosecco free with Allegrissimo anyway.

I'm keen to find out more about this Platinum Level. Hopefully at well over 200 points I'll automatically qualify when it comes out. Best perk for me is the 20% discount on cruises followed by priority boarding and bubbly and chocolate strawberries! I'd be even happier if a higher category meant a higher cruise discount.

Think I'll pass on Tim's suggestion on a burial at sea!

I was at this reception for Club members with free drinks. Is is only one night. I was thinking about something every night like they do it at Royal o Celebrity for their most loyal guests. On the Poesia, at the "one time cocktail", the Captain was also available for photographs. Although there was music there, no one would dance because the floor was quite occupied with people standing on a queue to have their pictures taken. I think it would be better to have the photographs taken some where else in order to allow for a more social exchange.

I do not buy allegrissimo packages because at the price of Euro 23 are not good value for me. I do not drink that much, but I enjoy social events.

Edited by travelberlin

What about the social occasion?

From what I know already, this will be a cruise to remember.

Tim.