Prepaid Credit Card to Pay For Cruise

YumYumSweetiePie

Has anyone had success using a prepaid card to pay for a cruise on Princess? I want to pay for someone's cruise but the online system only allows billing information to be one of the passenger's (since they are a corporate affiliate the reservation can only be made online, no work around)--3rd parties aren't allowed to pay for the cruise (weirdest thing ever). I don't want to deal with depositing money into their account, using their card, etc. so I thought I could buy a prepaid card, put their information for the card (name, billing, etc.), and use that to pay for the cruise. Anyone had success with this? Thinking of using Visa prepaid card.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use prepaid cards to pay for cruises.

I talked to a Princess agent and she said it would be okay, I came on the boards to verify that people haven't had a problem. Are you sure it's not possible? So long as the card has a name, expiration date, billing address, etc. I'm not even sure the system can tell it's prepaid or not.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use prepaid cards to pay for cruises.

You most certainly can; as long as it has the MasterCard or VISA logo. I've done that on multiple cruises.

Some have had trouble using prepaid cards, some have not. Depends on the card limitations and, perhaps, the use (onboard account vs. cruise deposit and payment).

Since you want to use it for the latter purpose, cruise fare payment, can you call both Princess and the issuing party and ask about the specific prepaid card you plan to use?

Archived