Rodeway Inn Fll Airport/Cruseport

ssimon

We found a great price for this hotel but not sure if it is right for us...We are a group of 10 and are flying down 2 days before cruise out of Miami. We know we need to get transportation to the port in Miami on our own but are wondering if it is a good place to stay. All other hotels around this one are almost double the price and that makes us a little learry. Is there somewhere nearby that we can get our bottles of wine to take with us on the cruise? We are looking really ahead to February but want all these things booked so we can sit back and just wait for the BIG day! Thanks

Are you speaking of the Rodeway Inn that is on State Road 84 in Fort Lauderdale? And you will be staying at this hotel for 2 days before your cruise ship departure, correct? I would pick a different hotel. It seems that you may not have a rental car, and there is no place to walk to from this hotel. You will have to take taxis to any store or restaurant. Have you checked prices for the Fairfield Inn or Homewood Suites, both on Griffin Rd in Dania Beach? Or the Marriott Courtyard on Gulf Stream Way in Dania? These hotels at least have a few restaurants you can walk to and they are "airport" hotels that may have transport options to POM. But, better choices (with regard to shops and restaurants) may be found on Stirling Road in Hollywood or SE 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale.

There are also hotels further east on State Road 84 than the Rodeway Inn. These hotels are closer to shops. Check out the Candlewood Suites and the Holiday Inn Express, both on SR 84 in Fort Lauderdale. They are across the street from a shopping center that has a Winn-Dixie supermarket, Big Lots, Big Daddy's Liquor Store, a Chinese restaurant, and McDonald's and Wendy's. There is also a pretty good German Restaurant called Old Heidelberg within walking distance. Both Big Daddy's and Winn-Dixie sell wine.

If you stay on SE 17th Street, there is a store called Total Wine in the Harbor Shops and also the Publix Supermarket there sells wine.

I would definitely not stay at the Rodeway Inn for 1 night....let alone two.

Even if you are fling into Fort Lauderdale I would stay in Miami. We are staying at the LaQuinta near Miami International Airport and they provide a shuttle to the Port of Miami

You would just need transportation from Fort Lauderdale airport to your hotel

We stayed there several years ago when one of our planes broke. I would never stay there again. There is nothing even close to walk to. The hotel was in terrible shape and filthy when we were there. Even if it has been cleaned up, the location in not where you want to be if you are spending any time there before your cruise.

Claudia

Thank you all for your replies. The reviews on the Internet seemed ok but I knew who to really ask for the truth! Some in the group are on a tight budget so we are looking for clean, safe and good priced. We have time to look since the cruise isn't till February.

Thank you all for your replies. The reviews on the Internet seemed ok but I knew who to really ask for the truth! Some in the group are on a tight budget so we are looking for clean, safe and good priced. We have time to look since the cruise isn't till February.

We stayed at the Sleep Inn FLL airport prior to our cruise out of Miami. We needed 2 rooms and were cruising around Easter so the hotel rates were through-the-roof. We ended up booking here due to good rates and the fact that we would not have a car. The hotel has a free airport shuttle and is located next to a 24 hour Walgreens and across the street from a shopping center that has 3 restaurants and a Publix grocery store, which was convenient to pick up soda pop and a bottle of wine. There was also a Dollar Store in the plaza as well. The hotel was clean and all of the rooms had a small refrigerator and microwave. They also have a nice pool area with hot-tub and offered a pretty good complimentry hot breakfast. Here is a link for rates and more info. Do book early as this seems to be a popular pre-cruise hotel. http://www.sleepinn.com/hotel-dania-florida-FL664

We used QLS shuttle service to get from our hotel to the port of Miami and then from the port back to the FLL airport. They were spot-on as far as service and rates.

The more folks that are in your party, the cheaper the rate. They also offer a 9 am pick-up time, which allowed us to be among the first to check in at the port and in the first

zone to board the ship.

Good luck to you.

:)

Honestly you really don't have time.

The end of February is peak time in peak season for South Florida. Book something now you can cancel and then start taking your time looking.

Thank you for the recommendation for the Sleep Inn. We made reservations and all in the group seem very happy. When I looked back at a cruise 3 years ago we had stayed here and at that time we were happy. Everything we needed was close. The rates pretty decent too, so that is one thing less I have to do before the cruise......

If you are booked at the Sleep Inn and decide to eat at Pancho's Mexican restaurant, ( across the street in the Publix shopping center) just show your room card and you will get a discount off of your bill. :)

Here is a link to their menu: http://www.panchosbackyard.net/index.php#rt-feature-panel

If you are booked at the Sleep Inn and decide to eat at Pancho's Mexican restaurant, ( across the street in the Publix shopping center) just show your room card and you will get a discount off of your bill. :)

Here is a link to their menu: http://www.panchosbackyard.net/index.php#rt-feature-panel

Eat there everytime we stay at Sleep Inn precruise. Great mexican food, my favorite is the Mexican pizza.

Archived