Dinner Reservations

oceangirlkate

We are sailing on Nautica in September and will soon book our dinner reservations (concierge class). Not sure if there is any strategy to booking at this point. It is a 10th Anniversary sailing so I don't want to book on the same night as the festivities.

As well, is the celebratory brunch scheduled on a sea day?

They do not have either on the Nautica

:confused:

True, but more germane to the original question, neither the Grand Dining Room nor the Terrace (Buffet) Restaurant offer Theme Nights on Oceania, so there are not any proscribed evenings which are markedly better or different than the others.

The Captains Cocktail Party generally consists of a few hours of open bar in the various Lounges, while the Captain and his officers "make their rounds", so typical dinner plans would not be disrupted.

If there is to be a special Buffet, Oceania typically tries to schedule it on a Sea Day, but with so many Oceania Cruises being so port intensive that is not an absolute.

We have seen a few theme events in Terrace such as a Mexican lunch. One cruise we saw Red Ginger had many empty tables. We were told they had last minute cancellations when Greek night theme was announced for Terrace. That was very popular but it was also near the end of the cruise so perhaps a little less interest in the Specialty restaurants compared with the draw of something new.

We have had special nights in the GDR with ice carvings and pastry dept displays, but the menu has not been 'themed'.

If they are having a special 10th Anniversary brunch I'd imagine it on sea day. If it is a big draw with announced celebrations and such I think they would not want their excursions to compete with a once in ten years special event. On a Sunday sea day(?) brunch can replace breakfast & lunch in the GDR with a later opening.

If they put on a special Tea, don't miss it! We had one presented in the Lounge (R-ship) rather than usual Horizons. It was very tight with tiny tables but lots of staff to help out. Very festive and up beat atmosphere; lots of fun. It was self serve with the upper area and bar all laid out with mirror displays of an amazing assortment of finger sandwiches and sweets. Must been huge amount of work and many, many creative hands involved. Most of the items had not been served at the regular tea time and truly culinary works of art. Oh, the chocolate everything !!! (and I was not a big chocolate fan until O)

We were on Nautica in May and they had a fabulous themed dinner in the Terrace with Arabic fare. It was a Middle East feast

I believe there were several theme lunches and one other the dinner

I was quite friendly with the f&b manager and some of these themed meals were planned on board and depended on availability of certain provisions

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

10th anniversary a few surprises.

We are home form the 10th anniversary cruise on-board Marina.

We did juggle our specialty restaurant reservations based on these on-board surprises.

1. Two Oceania club parties instead of one.(14 day cruise)

2. Fun 10th anniversary deck party (so much wine/champagne was flowing at one point they could not keep up with clean stemware:D

3. Free red and white wine pours one evening in all dining venues.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived