Anthem of the Seas

There is a slight chance Miami could get oasis 3 or 4 once majesty is long gone. There has been talk of explorer going there which would be great, but considering almost every other major brand has multiple ships there, rccl have a fancy pier and facility there and their main office is located right there it wouldn't be surprising for them to put a new ship there too.

is an Oasis class too big for the port of miami? and i did hear Explorer may be going there

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

is an Oasis class too big for the port of miami? and i did hear Explorer may be going there

No Miami is wide enough and deep enough. The facility could also handle the ship.

I wish they'd bring it to GALVESTON. Carnival seems to rule the roost there- and I'm not going that route- EVER. Bring more Royal to Galveston!!!!!Everything's bigger in Texas! :D

Edited by Bluefox

No Miami is wide enough and deep enough. The facility could also handle the ship.

that would be the terninal where Majesty is now and Liberty of the Seas used to depart from when she was based there before oasis came into service, am i right?

that would be the terninal where Majesty is now and Liberty of the Seas used to depart from when she was based there before oasis came into service, am i right?

Correct.

Yes - supposedly open until December. As mentioned before, rumor has it that they are planning on building it.

I thought the option that was open until December was for a fourth Oasis class ship? I haven't heard of any option yet of a 4th Quantum class ship.

They might have to do some work on the terminal in Miami to handle the number of passengers on Oasis class.

I seriously doubt if any really "big" ships will go to Alaska because they will have to go through the Panama Canal. RC doesn't want to have to sail around Cape Horn and spend the extra fuel to do so. That's why the smaller ships go up north.

I too would love to see longer cruises out of Port Canaveral.

JMHO

I thought the option that was open until December was for a fourth Oasis class ship? I haven't heard of any option yet of a 4th Quantum class ship.

You are correct and I transposed the two - thanks for correcting me. But while we're at it on this thread, who knows how many Quantum's will end up in the fleet...:)

I also find it VERY hard to believe that one of these ships wont wind up in Florida.

Speculation is great isnt it? :D

Maybe Anthem stays in Southampton year-round, but it's also possible that she sails from Fort Lauderdale to replace Independence - I'd like to see her sailing out of Miami - would be great to see RCI sail out of Miami with a newer ship...:)

Or maybe Independence sails year-round out of Florida in 2015, when Anthem sails from Southampton...

Maybe Anthem stays in Southampton year-round, but it's also possible that she sails from Fort Lauderdale to replace Independence - I'd like to see her sailing out of Miami - would be great to see RCI sail out of Miami with a newer ship...:)

Or maybe Independence sails year-round out of Florida in 2015, when Anthem sails from Southampton...

if Anthem stays in Southampton, do you thonk Independence will stay in Miami?

if Anthem stays in Southampton, do you thonk Independence will stay in Miami?

MAYBE :) maybe also Indy and Athem sail from Southampton and Adventure moves to Harwich and Brilliance to Copenhagen or Hamburg...

Or Indy stays at Fort Lauderdale year-round...

We will see what happens - but I could imagine that Anthem comes to Sothampton. :)

With everyone throwing their 2 cents we are up to $1.26 so I'll add 2 cents and make it $1.28.

Quantum and Anthem have been designed for cold weather sailing hence the large amounts of money RCCL has put into the indoor venues and not as much space allocated for enjoying the great outdoors. I think that this would rule out ay of these ships being based year round from a warm weather port. You might see one based out of Florida for the winter Caribbean season but I would not think for the entire year.

On the other hand the Oasis class ships are designed for warm weather sailing so it would not surprise me to see the next one based from Florida as well.

But, lets not forget about Hong Kong who has been rumoured to get an Oasis class ship, which does seem possible as it has been reported that RCCL sees the same projected growth in cruising in Asia in the next 20 years that it has seen in America in the last 20 years.

MAYBE :) maybe also Indy and Athem sail from Southampton and Adventure moves to Harwich and Brilliance to Copenhagen or Hamburg...

Or Indy stays at Fort Lauderdale year-round...

We will see what happens - but I could imagine that Anthem comes to Sothampton. :)

i have to agree with Anthem in Southampton

I honestly dont think one of the Quantum ships will go to Alaska.

All that has ever sailed from there in quiet a while are an Vision class ship (Rhapsody) and Radiance of the Seas correct? Both around the 2400 - 2500 passenger capacity.

I also find it VERY hard to believe that one of these ships wont wind up in Florida.

Speculation is great isnt it? :D

I agree, speculation is great. That is until someone comes along with the indisputable claim of having inside information (I know you were just kidding F27TW :D) that can't really be proven by any of us here. So let's just keep the good speculation going until we no longer have to speculate and Royal Caribbean officially tells us where the Anthem will be homeported. :)

i have to agree, if Anthem does replace Indy where do you think Indy will be deployed too?

I also think so because UK is a growing and important market for RCI... :)

maybe Independence satys at Southampton and Adventure leaves or Independence could stay year-round in the Caribbean - or maybe she moves to another Mediterranean port...

Asia? OK, it's a growing market, but RCI has to large ships there - I think Mariner and Voyager are enough - such a new ship to Asia? I do not think so, IMHO! :)

Edited by celebrity_fan

I wish they'd bring it to GALVESTON. Carnival seems to rule the roost there- and I'm not going that route- EVER. Bring more Royal to Galveston!!!!!Everything's bigger in Texas! :D

Wouldn't that be AWESOME?!?!?!

I don't know if the terminal in Houston could handle Anthem, but I'd take one of the smaller ships like in Houston. Imagine being able to do Panama Canal cruises out of Houston or Galveston!!!! :D

Wouldn't that be AWESOME?!?!?!

I don't know if the terminal in Houston could handle Anthem, but I'd take one of the smaller ships like in Houston. Imagine being able to do Panama Canal cruises out of Houston or Galveston!!!! :D

id like to see a ship out of houston to offer more cruises

id like to see a ship out of houston to offer more cruises

Yes! Every line that will be cruising out of Houston is offering the same 7 day itineraries: Roatan/Belize/Cozumel. I've already done that one this year and will do it again next year. I need some variety here! LOL!!!

Yes! Every line that will be cruising out of Houston is offering the same 7 day itineraries: Roatan/Belize/Cozumel. I've already done that one this year and will do it again next year. I need some variety here! LOL!!!

i agree! im thinking they should offer 14 night cruises so they can vary ports of call

But year-round from Houston I do not believe... maybe she sails there during the winter period - or Serenade, which sails temporary from New Orleans, will be sent to Houston and Anthem sails from New Orleans, or Navigator will sail from Houston instead of Galveston - or, or, or...:D

But year-round from Houston I do not believe... maybe she sails there during the winter period - or Serenade, which sails temporary from New Orleans, will be sent to Houston and Anthem sails from New Orleans, or Navigator will sail from Houston instead of Galveston - or, or, or...:D

Not going to happen. She's a cold weather ship. No way they would put her year round.