Anthem of the Seas

i have to agree, if Anthem does replace Indy where do you think Indy will be deployed too?

Independence is very popular out of the UK, so I expect she will stay for the summer as is the case now, and will move to Florida for the winter.

I feel Adventure has been brought over temporarily, since Independence sails full during the summer, and one ship is simply not enough. I'm sure they would prefer to have two Freedom class ships here, but that isn't possible.

Once Anthem is built, Adventure will go elsewhere.

Independence is very popular out of the UK, so I expect she will stay for the summer as is the case now, and will move to Florida for the winter.

I feel Adventure has been brought over temporarily, since Independence sails full during the summer, and one ship is simply not enough. I'm sure they would prefer to have two Freedom class ships here, but that isn't possible.

i agree with Independence being very popular from the UK i also think she will stay there

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I seriously doubt if any really "big" ships will go to Alaska because they will have to go through the Panama Canal. RC doesn't want to have to sail around Cape Horn and spend the extra fuel to do so. That's why the smaller ships go up north.

I too would love to see longer cruises out of Port Canaveral.

JMHO

Currently neither of RCI's Alaska ships transit the canal to position there for the summer. The Radiance and Rhapsody are both based out of Sydney in the winter months and reposition trans-pacific via Hawaii. Sister line Celebrity is similar with solstice in Australia in winter, Millie in Asia, and Century currently on West coast US soon to be Australia and Asia, all repositioning to Alaska across the Pacific.

Super excited adventure is leaving out of Miami.

I think it will be:

- FL will get Oasis III and either AOS or OOS

- PC will get the other Oasis Class Ship

- Freedom of the Seas will move to do Australian/West Coast Route

- CB will keep Quantum year around

- Anthem of the Seas will either do Southampton or Miami (perhaps both)

- Quantum III will go to Asia (perhaps Alaska in the Summer)

OK, maybe Anthem and Indy sail out of Southampton - Anthem is a cold weather ship, so could it be possible to see her sailing in the Norwegian Fjords?

Maybe Anthem is too large for the Baltic because she has to pass one bridge - maybe Indy could sail the Baltic itineraries?

So it could be to see Adventure moving to Harwich - or maybe Alaska?

Could it be realistic to have a Voyager class ship in Alaska?

Because also the large Celebrity Solstice is operating there...

So maybe in 2015:

Adventure - Alaska from Seattle

Radiance - Alaska between Vancouver and Seward

Rhapsody - Alaska from Vancouver or year-round Australia/Nz from Sydney...

OK, maybe Anthem and Indy sail out of Southampton - Anthem is a cold weather ship, so could it be possible to see her sailing in the Norwegian Fjords?

Maybe Anthem is too large for the Baltic because she has to pass one bridge - maybe Indy could sail the Baltic itineraries?

So it could be to see Adventure moving to Harwich - or maybe Alaska?

Could it be realistic to have a Voyager class ship in Alaska?

Because also the large Celebrity Solstice is operating there...

So maybe in 2015:

Adventure - Alaska from Seattle

Radiance - Alaska between Vancouver and Seward

Rhapsody - Alaska from Vancouver or year-round Australia/Nz from Sydney...

is adventure made for the colder climate in alaska?

cant that be a problem in Alaskabbeing that the climate is cooler?

Yes, plus the size of the ship, specifically the beam, might make it more difficult to sail there. Also, Voyager class ships cannot pass thru the Panama Canal right now, so they would either have to go to Australia when the Alaska season ends, or go around Cape Horn. There are already 3 Royal ships cruising Australia.

Edited by clarea

I'm thinking odds for Anthem at PE are 3-1, Port Canaveral 5-1, Miami 6-1...bottom line is it's easy to get into Fort Lauderdale or Miami from anywhere in the world and that makes everything for RCI easier..airport is minutes from the port..PC looks like it is infact getting ready for a new, big ship...which one, guess we'll have to wait & see...places like Southampton, NO, Texas, forget it- too difficult to get to...add San Juan to that list as well...maybe 6 & 8 night Southern/ Western routes out of PE..I agree, a Southern itinerary from PE would be great ....

Big Al

I'm thinking odds for Anthem at PE are 3-1, Port Canaveral 5-1, Miami 6-1...bottom line is it's easy to get into Fort Lauderdale or Miami from anywhere in the world and that makes everything for RCI easier..airport is minutes from the port..PC looks like it is infact getting ready for a new, big ship...which one, guess we'll have to wait & see...places like Southampton, NO, Texas, forget it- too difficult to get to...add San Juan to that list as well...maybe 6 & 8 night Southern/ Western routes out of PE..I agree, a Southern itinerary from PE would be great ....

Big Al

i agree

Big Al

They are doing a lot to Port Canaveral which I highly approve of as it is right next to me. :D Dredging and widening of the canal is supposed to begin this month.

Still nothing set in stone, but I have a feeling it'll be an Oasis Class ship given the fact they are building a new Cruise Terminal there. Why build a new Cruise Terminal for Royal Caribbean when the one that's already there has the ability to accommodate Freedom with ease; which Quantum isn't much bigger than at all. Unless they are looking to alleviate any possible issues when calling a 3rd ship to that port permanently.

Speculation. It makes me :mad: lol

They are doing a lot to Port Canaveral which I highly approve of as it is right next to me. :D Dredging and widening of the canal is supposed to begin this month.

Still nothing set in stone, but I have a feeling it'll be an Oasis Class ship given the fact they are building a new Cruise Terminal there. Why build a new Cruise Terminal for Royal Caribbean when the one that's already there has the ability to accommodate Freedom with ease; which Quantum isn't much bigger than at all. Unless they are looking to alleviate any possible issues when calling a 3rd ship to that port permanently.

Speculation. It makes me :mad: lol

G85 SS- ON top of all this, I know someone in the RCI Itinerary dept., and he's not saying a word...

• 2 weeks later...

We are just of Enchantment today and the Loyalty Ambassador said that the Anthem will sail out of Florida. She said they had not announced which port yet. I think they have trained all of the staff to keep us confused. Our local paper did have an article last week that Port Canaveral would be building a new terminal that would be capable of handling the "biggest ships". I love Freedom and would hate for her to leave. Explorer will be doing a 9 night to the Southern Caribbean starting late 2014. I can't wait for that!

We are just off Indy and the Loyalty Ambassdor told me that Anthem will sail out of Southampton from April 2015 but we will lose Indy.

We are just of Enchantment today and the Loyalty Ambassador said that the Anthem will sail out of Florida. She said they had not announced which port yet. I think they have trained all of the staff to keep us confused. Our local paper did have an article last week that Port Canaveral would be building a new terminal that would be capable of handling the "biggest ships". I love Freedom and would hate for her to leave. Explorer will be doing a 9 night to the Southern Caribbean starting late 2014. I can't wait for that!

The best way to actually keep a secret is to put it out there along with a lot of mis information. RCI is extremely adept at doing this through their LA's and Captain's and other senior crew members.

• 2 weeks later...

So, maybe: summer from Southampton, and winter Port Canaveral? Could well be... :)

Anthem will replace Independence? So we have Adventure and Anthem from Southampton... hopefully one of the two ships will also sail to the Northern regions in July and August!!

What could happen to Independence? Year-round in FL, or new itineraries in Eruope?