Anthem of the Seas

The Mariner of the Seas used to sail to Alaska and a Celebrity Solstice class currently does. The anthem size wise is not much bigger than Voyager/Freedom class so I do not think size would be much of a problem.

I believe that the Mariner has never sailed to Alaska. But when the ship cruised out of LA some cruises were diverted from mexico to Seattle and San Francisco.

I have read in these threads that when the Voyager goes into drydock (2014) a retractable roof will be added in the solarium pool, so for this reason Voyager could head to Alaska.

Maybe soon after they formally announce the Home Port. Most here on CC think it will be Southhampton, UK.

As previously discussed on another thread, after us both hearing the Oasis Captain's comments to my DS, I'm pretty sure she's going to be over this side of the pond ;). Just wondered if RCI had announced when they intended to release the itineraries :confused:. Can't be too far away when you consider Quantum's scheduling i.e. how far in advance hers were released.

Edited by villauk

I have read in these threads that when the Voyager goes into drydock (2014) a retractable roof will be added in the solarium pool, so for this reason Voyager could head to Alaska.

Very interesting - that sounds logical!! Thank you! :):):)

Maybe Voyager replaces Rhapsody - because among all ships visiting Alaska out of Seattle, Rhapsody is reasonably one of the oldest and the smallest - I think RCI needs a larger ship to compete with the other companies! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Going on Oasis in March. Have a ? for U since U did this 1 already. At Labadi is it possible to just go to the beach even if we haven't book any excursion?

Labadee is a Private Destination with Royal Caribbean. It is nothing but a beach day. Excursions just add to the beach day activities. (In a nut shell anyways lol)

Edited by G85 SS

If Anthem of the Seas sails from Southampton, and P&Os new Britannia as well in 2015, than we will have two large new ships sailing from Southampton in 2015 - sounds like a great competition!! :)

But what about those of us in Florida who was Anthem? :p

If Anthem of the Seas sails from Southampton, and P&Os new Britannia as well in 2015, than we will have two large new ships sailing from Southampton in 2015 - sounds like a great competition!! :)

Doesn't it just! And I doubt it's a coincidence Royal would get Anthem there to compete with P&O on a booming UK market ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And if that IS the case, I know which one I'd be booking #loyaltoroyal :p

Ditto!

(Although a friend of mine celebrates his 30th that year and has already vowed to go on a group trip on Britannia)

Ditto!

(Although a friend of mine celebrates his 30th that year and has already vowed to go on a group trip on Britannia)

I must admit we were very tempted by Britannia, and it will be an option if we don't get a new RCCL ship in Southampton in 2015 (absolutely love Indy, but we've been on every year since 2009). Rightly or wrongly I have the preconception that P&O big up being "British" a bit too much, and I much prefer the less formal approach taken by RCCL. Just wish they'd change the shows, but if it's Indy's last year in 2014, I doubt they will bother?

I must admit we were very tempted by Britannia, and it will be an option if we don't get a new RCCL ship in Southampton in 2015 (absolutely love Indy, but we've been on every year since 2009). Rightly or wrongly I have the preconception that P&O big up being "British" a bit too much, and I much prefer the less formal approach taken by RCCL. Just wish they'd change the shows, but if it's Indy's last year in 2014, I doubt they will bother?

For what it's worth, I've been told (by someone who would know ;) ) that not only is Southampton getting Anthem in 2015 but they will very likely be getting the as of yet un-named Oasis number 3 when she is completed. These would both be there for the summer seasons.

For what it's worth, I've been told (by someone who would know ;) ) that not only is Southampton getting Anthem in 2015 but they will very likely be getting the as of yet un-named Oasis number 3 when she is completed. These would both be there for the summer seasons.

That would make sense. I think that Anthem is pretty much a given based on the ports of call discoveries but great new info on Oasis 3. Did you hear anything about their winter ports?

That would make sense. I think that Anthem is pretty much a given based on the ports of call discoveries but great new info on Oasis 3. Did you hear anything about their winter ports?

No, sorry. I haven't heard about the winter ports. I have at one point heard that one of the big 3 "might" be Asia bound but I wouldn't guess which one.

No, sorry. I haven't heard about the winter ports. I have at one point heard that one of the big 3 "might" be Asia bound but I wouldn't guess which one.

Thanks. I had heard Asia mentioned as well especially since Adam made reference to Asia being one of the fastest growing markets. Just wondering where all the ships are going to go in the winter months. The Caribbean market is getting pretty saturated.

• 4 weeks later...
Just back from a 3 day cruise on Independence and we were told that announcement is due in 6 weeks as to where Anthem will be based

Interesting since their is a big Europe announcement on the 21st. Wonder if it's not Anthem, or maybe it's 6 weeks until booking opens. Who knows, always tons of things flying around.